Smiley
Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
This was my favorite marathon of last year, so I can't wait to see it again!  Glad it's only gonna get better.
That post made my day! \o/
RPG Limit Break 2015 was awesome and I was a bit sad that I couldn't be there for personal/financial reasons.
This time I will make it for sure and now that we have a date I can get started to work through my checklist. Wink
landstalker for sure taloof <3
Edit history:
Neerrm: 2015-11-23 04:07:50 pm
With the marathon being held somewhere where there is (theoretically) no limited space, what will the policy be for people who just want to visit and watch runs? Will there be an attendance fee for visitors?
Quote from Neerrm:
With the marathon being held somewhere where there is (theoretically) no limited space, what will the policy be for people who just want to visit and watch runs? Will there be an attendance fee for visitors?

1) Please come, Neerrm. Smiley
2) Of course, I have to reiterate that fees haven't been finalized yet.
3) I know that both RPGLB 2015 and C4L 2014 had locals who just wanted to stop in to watch a run or two. We'll keep this in mind now that we have a bit more space to play with. (If you have any suggestions, feel free to throw them our way.)
4) Most likely, travel costs and accommodations for out-of-towners will always dwarf any attendance fees.
5) Apologies for the vague answer, we're still working out financial stuff and I'd rather not promise something that later turns out to be impossible.
I hope to go to this marathon. It'll be the first one I attend and go to. Good luck on the submissions!!!
Hoping to be able to show up to RPGLB. Really wanting to meet everyone and present my own speedgame of course.
If you need any more help especially on the tech side let me know.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Very, very interested in this.  Cheesy
Excited for this! going to submit lots of games and come anyways regardless of whether or not i get in! looking forward to seeing everyone!
sda loyalist
I really, really want suggestions for the website. I had a few ideas for last year, but none this time. Let me have it.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2015-11-27 12:06:32 am
Why Hello it is Me
I would love to go (and offer a helping hand if possible, assuming my schedule allows it), last years RPGLB looked like a lot of fun despite the small size of the venue, and Utah is a far more affordable trip for me than the GDQ venues. This is a charity I also would gladly offer my support to. Looking forward to it. That said, are there any estimates on a potential cap for attendees? I have a game I want to submit but I'm not really sure on my chances of it getting in (which are probably very low), but I'd still like to go.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2015-11-27 02:34:45 am
Why Hello it is Me
Sorry, not sure why it double posted.
Pudding%
Quote from puwexil:
we are aiming to have dinner provided daily during the 5/9-5/14 marathon dates.

I do hope these dinners are being provided by Cafe Dentón Wink
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-11-29 11:48:18 am
kirbymastah: 2015-11-29 11:47:43 am
kirbymastah: 2015-11-29 11:47:31 am
<(^_^)>

(based cereth sub emotes)
#FailFish
I had been hoping to attend this next year, since it looked like such an awesome time last year - at a minimum volunteering to help - but possibly even learning FF9 and submitting that.

But since my wife is going to have another baby in April, coming to this isn't an option for me anymore (also why I postponed trying to learn FF9).

I'm looking forward to watching and enjoying as a spectator again! You guys will be awesome Smiley
Professional Second Banana
Quote from Lag.Com:
I really, really want suggestions for the website. I had a few ideas for last year, but none this time. Let me have it.

Our website from RPGLB 2015 is still live at http://www.rpglimitbreak.com - if anyone has feedback/suggestions feel free to either post in this thread or contact Lag.Com directly.  I'd also be interested in ideas for new content/features to add, to make the website more useful (it was pretty underused this year, probably mostly due to the pretty tame Twitch chat meaning low interest in the QuakeNet chat, and a lot of the event promotion being via Twitch channel hosting).

Quote from GhostKingG1:
That said, are there any estimates on a potential cap for attendees?

We're planning to have a cap based on the # of people that can fit into the conference rooms before it gets overly cramped, just to keep our bases covered.  Still working out the specifics, but the cap should be higher than the # of signups we'll realistically get.

Quote from Dragondarch:
I do hope these dinners are being provided by Cafe Dentón Wink

Unknown yet if Cafe Dentón offers catering/delivery services; but I'd certainly be a happy camper if it does. Wink
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from Lag.Com:

Our website from RPGLB 2015 is still live at http://www.rpglimitbreak.com - if anyone has feedback/suggestions feel free to either post in this thread or contact Lag.Com directly.  I'd also be interested in ideas for new content/features to add, to make the website more useful (it was pretty underused this year, probably mostly due to the pretty tame Twitch chat meaning low interest in the QuakeNet chat, and a lot of the event promotion being via Twitch channel hosting).

This isn't necessarily directed towards the website, but I do have something that I recall about chat feedback during the marathon itself when people weren't watching through the website. The only way I recall (and it's been a while) people being able to view the schedule was through the website itself, and if people were viewing the marathon through twitch.tv or speedrunslive or some other medium other than the website, then there was no direct link to view the schedule. The Twitch description still shows a banner with a clickable link to the website, but that's about it. I don't know if anything will be provided in the chat, such as a command like "!schedule" to give a link to the schedule or what, but that would be helpful for me at least.

As far as the website itself goes, I guess I can try to offer some feedback on the current design that I would think help me personally:
* Schedule: Put the days of the week next to the dates. Just helps me out when I know what day a certain game is playing on. I assume it's adjusted to my time zone, but if it isn't, that would also be helpful to note.
* Prizes: The alternate link is helpful because each prize listed is extremely large for the box that it is already enclosed in, even though it is just text. I don't know if it's feasible, but it could use a carousel slider (or similar) w/ images (when relevant) so that it all stays on one place without having to be scrolled down. This sort of example comes to mind (http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/). I pulled that from a Google search, although that one specifically doesn't have to be used.

That's...all I have. Again, helpful for me. Whatever you have in mind is up to you.
Professional Second Banana
Re: the schedule, regardless of what we do on the website I'm planning to mirror it on horaro.org, which has been pretty popular lately for marathon scheduling.
A dark theme to change the background colour of the site would be a nice addition, other than that it's great.

Best of luck with the marathon everyone
sda loyalist
Thanks doicm and Cereth, good suggestions.

I'm also thinking of attending, but it is a huge investment for me... and nobody cares about Ultima 2 runs Grin
I'm in the "whatever Lag wants to run" camp
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Quote:
and nobody cares about Ultima 2 runs

That's not true at all!  I care.  Cheesy
Stay chill, be cool.
I'm always up for bowling.
Dapper as fuck.
So many on site marathons, so little PTO.. FeelsBadMan
The best way out is always through!
This looks like a really fun event! Can non-runners register to attend, and is there a volunteer page where they need volunteer sign-ups?