Smiley
Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Me and Kruncha are still having problems getting a room reservation.  We did have 3, but one found other arrangments to help ease the problem.  May 11 is all booked according to staff.
Professional Second Banana
We're still working on finding a solution to that and should have something later this week - worst case, we might need some people to stay at a nearby Marriott (3 min drive or 20 min walk, though we'll ideally have some kind of ride arrangement) on the 11th.

Also, Kruncha isn't registered - assuming he's planning to actually attend the event, please have him do so ASAP so he can be waitlisted for an opening after drops.
The University Guest House will let us know if anything changes, but as of now it's unfortunately looking like they're booked solid on 5/11 (Wednesday) and out of Double Queen rooms on 5/12 (Thursday).  For people impacted by this and who still need a room for one or both of those dates, we've found a Marriott hotel about a 3 minute drive away, and both the Marriott and University Guest House have shuttles for giving people rides.

Salt Lake City Marriott University Park
480 Wakara Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
(801) 581-1000
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/slcup-salt-lake-city-marriott-university-park/

Unfortunately the prices are a bit higher (as of now $175 + taxes/night total for 1-4 people) due to us not having an event contract with the Marriott.  If this would cause financial hardship to anyone on a tight budget, let us know and we can look for an alternative (ie see if any speedrunners that live in the area would be willing to host people those 1-2 nights).

On behalf of the RPGLB staff, I'd like to take a moment to apologize for the hotel room issues we've been having.  Growing an event and transitioning from a private home to a public venue is never a seamless process.  Due to the financial commitment that signing an event contract brings, and the limited data we had to estimate interest in the event (basically just the # of attendees that came to RPGLB '15 and the # of runners on the schedule this year), we decided to be conservative with our attendance estimate.  After one of the major issues that Crystals for Life ran into, it was important to us that no staff members be on the hook to pay for venue costs out-of-pocket; and attrition costs for unused hotel rooms in our block would have been significant if we ended up with a low turnout.

We are all definitely floored by the support for RPGLB, and are grateful for people's patience and understanding as we work through these growing pains.  Here's to a successful marathon in 6 weeks and many more to come!

Also, we're down to 24 people still needing to pay attendance fee.  I'll send a final round of e-mail reminders in a day or two - deadline is 4/1 11:59PM EDT.  If anyone that signed up is no longer planning to attend, let us know so we can update our records.
Why Hello it is Me
I may have missed something about it, but what happened to the bonus games? I remember there were 5 runs between 20-30 minutes that were accepted as "bonuses", but I haven't seen them on the schedule list since January.
Quote from GhostKingG1:
I may have missed something about it, but what happened to the bonus games? I remember there were 5 runs between 20-30 minutes that were accepted as "bonuses", but I haven't seen them on the schedule list since January.

The plan for those games (which are are all from runners that already have another run in the marathon) is to add them to the schedule during the actual event, if we get significantly ahead of schedule due to a mercy kill or people crushing their estimates.
Professional Race Slut
Reminder that the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD estimate was set by Bl00dy and that it may need to be bumped by 5 minutes. I'll be doing my best over the next month to make it, but the realistic scenario right now is that it'll need to be a 2:55 estimate before incentives.
We are Germench! We are Rummel!
If possible we'd like to get an example of the used layout for the event so we can adjust ours to it.
Would be fine to just have something like a background with the used colors we need.
Sure thing - we're still working on the layouts, but will send you a sample once they're done.
Edit history:
andyperfect: 2016-04-18 01:30:40 pm
I was curious about how brief visitors are handled for this event. For example, someone wants to be present at the event for a half day and does not require any of the amenities provided by the event -- just to come, hang out for a bit at the event, then leave. Is something like this possible at this point? I know the registration cap is pretty tight right now.
It'll depend on the specifics - even if visitors didn't eat food or otherwise add monetary costs to the event, space in the conference rooms is still going to be pretty tight.

Feel free to contact me privately if you'd like to discuss this further for your situation.
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
When will the Volunteer thread go live? The marathon is in 3 weeks
Signups for volunteering were posted in this topic this year instead of having a separate thread.  I've quoted Alec's post for it.

Quote from AlecK47:
Last year we opened volunteer signups after registration closed, but this year we’re starting it concurrently with registrations.

The signup form: http://goo.gl/forms/IWF8Am7E7T

A quick summary of each position:
Tech: setting up for each run, both physical setup and layout; changing Twitch game descriptions; adjusting stream details and audio balance as necessary; maintain stream quality;  setting up; and Donations work (see below).
Donations: processing donations; screening comments and sending them to the host as appropriate; fixing issues with donations; creating new challenges and incentives as necessary and appropriate.
Hosting: reading donation comments and announcements; not interrupting commentary flow; Donations work (see above) as time allows.

And to be clear: yes, that means that all volunteers will be processing donations.

If you have no prior experience volunteering at an onsite marathon, don’t be afraid!  We will train you.

Don’t worry about any days you might not be attending or when your run is; I’ll take that into account.

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so either on this forum or via twitter @AlecK47goesfast.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-04-19 10:44:04 am
Yeah, we started doing volunteer signups at the same time as event registration this year, so people can take care of both at once and won't have to remember to come back later.

We're finalizing the volunteer shift schedule right now, so if anyone's interested and hasn't signed up yet, please do so ASAP.
Stay chill, be cool.
Good thing I remembered to sign up when I did.  Which was a few days ago.
And here it is, folks, the volunteer schedule for RPGLB '16: link

Please let me know if any of these shifts don't work, preferably either via pm here or on twitter (@AlecK47goesfast).

As a side note, last year we had just barely enough volunteers to cover everything without killing anyone (though some suffered a bit), but this year there were plenty of volunteers; enough that not everyone could get a shift for every position for which they volunteered.  You guys rock!  And seriously, PX, if you want to get more shifts, stop running coop games. Keepo  I gotta give runners for those time to practice, man.
The best way out is always through!
Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but would there be a way to provide some links on either the RPG Limit Break webpage or the NAMI webpage to mental health resources specifically directed towards gamers? The Take This project is the biggest one I can think of, but there are a few other groups that are dedicated to providing a supportive community towards gamers who struggle with mental illness. I think there are a lot of people who are struggle with mental illness but don't have resources or support available locally, and if they watch the stream, they might be able to find something helpful for their situation. It's horrible to suffer in silence, and if there's an easy way to help gamers find resources that would benefit them, it could have a huge impact on someone's (or many peoples') lives.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
So, I have a weird situation on my hands, and it may prevent me from attending.  The fault is entirely with American Airlines, and I think I'll just post the entire goshdern conundrum here becuase I'm angered beyond words.
So, I had to buy my plane tickets late (this past Tuesday), due to work not paying me for 6 weeks due to the nursing home I work at changing ownership (which was stressful enough).  When I did buy the tickets, AA's website took forever, which I thought was odd.
Turns out why it took forever was becuase it was buying nearly every seat on the plane instead of a single ticket and charging me more than I think I'll ever own. At first, I thought I was only overcharged $600, but a few phone calls later and I realized that I actually need to add some zeroes to that.
Long story short, my checking account is now waaaaay overdrawn, but I do have a plane ticket there.  AA says it will take them a 7-10 days to send me the refund I very clearly deserve, but until that comes through, I have nothing.  I can still fly out, but unless people are willing to accept that I may not be able to pay anyone back for the room or food so that I don't starve until after the event or AA gets me that refund quickly, I'm not entirely sure how I'll make it (and I really really really want to be there guys!!!)
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to scream into a giant teddy bear until I turn blue and drink all the alcohol I have left, since I won't be buying anymore for a while.

EDIT: I derped a tad in all of this zaniness and forgot that I have a savings account that is totally unrelated to my checking account.  I'll just use cash from that to pay for stuff.  Crisis averted.  Thanks to Ghoul for jogging my memory/being an awesome friend to talk to.  See everyone at RPGLB 2016!
Cosmyk... I hope they refund you quickly, that is something that I'm surprised hasn't happened to me... Glad you'll still be able to attend though!
dat jerk
Hey guys, some sad news here. I am going to have to drop out of the marathon. I know that it is pretty late in the game but a lot of things have fallen onto my plate recently that is hurting me financially. I have to pay the rest of the my summer class since I do not have enough financial aid to cover it and just yesterday my car started giving out on me.

All I ask from the staff is to keep FFX-2 a race between Caracarn and Dsharper.

I'm terribly sorry to spring this on everyone so late but I didn't expect things to pop up so close to the marathon.
Sorry to hear real-life RNG has been bad lately - I've refunded your attendance fee and will get the schedule updated.
Germench is really looking forward to RPG Limit Break this year. Somehow we managed to find commentators for every run! Smiley
But we still need your streamlayout, so that we can orientate ourselves on it. If you have it at hand, could you please post it? Thank you!
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-05-04 03:29:31 pm
Quote from Germench:
Germench is really looking forward to RPG Limit Break this year. Somehow we managed to find commentators for every run! Smiley
But we still need your streamlayout, so that we can orientate ourselves on it. If you have it at hand, could you please post it? Thank you!

Can you contact Vulajin directly ('Vulajin' on this forum or Twitter)?  He has a draft ready for you.

Glad to hear the restream planning is going well! Smiley
Thanks puwexil, I will do that.
I must simply laugh.
So turns out that my Visa is still "processing" as of today. Im pretty sure since its a holiday here today and only tomorrow is left, im not going to get that until Sunday. been calling the administry the whole week trying to get things moved along, but no dice, i dont think i will be able to enter the USA without one. Im currently trying to somehow make this happen but im not sure there is a big chance i can (bureaucracy HO). I did apply for visa like 6 weeks ago but yeah, as of now im not sure im going to get my hands on it until sunday, at which point it becomes obsolete anyways.

in short: RIP my attendance
Quote from eLmaGus-:
So turns out that my Visa is still "processing" as of today. Im pretty sure since its a holiday here today and only tomorrow is left, im not going to get that until Sunday. been calling the administry the whole week trying to get things moved along, but no dice, i dont think i will be able to enter the USA without one. Im currently trying to somehow make this happen but im not sure there is a big chance i can (bureaucracy HO). I did apply for visa like 6 weeks ago but yeah, as of now im not sure im going to get my hands on it until sunday, at which point it becomes obsolete anyways.

in short: RIP my attendance

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keep us posted - if it falls through I'll refund your attendance.