Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Professional Second Banana
Yes, non runners can attend.  Signups for attending and volunteering at the event will start early next year, once the schedule is published.

And speaking of schedule, game offers are now open for business here, until 12/19 at 11:59PM EST (GMT-5).
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Shall submit once I get home. Praying to my master Demon Chocobo that i get in. :]
The best way out is always through!
Awesome, thanks, puwexil! I'm going to AGDQ this year for a few days, but I'd like to go to another event that's more RPG-centric.
Edit history:
FNG_ZFG: 2015-12-12 07:05:08 pm
Would you consider those that are still in high school or just school in general if they have classes during the day for like specific times to do runs if they're selected?
<(^_^)>
Quote from FNG_ZFG:
Would you consider those that are still in high school or just school in general if they have classes during the day for like specific times to do runs if they're selected?

Not that this is an official answer, but generally if you're still in school or whatever, it's your responsibility to figure out how to get time off and stuff.

I'm sure once game selections are done, you'll be able to provide the times you're available on so puwexil/others can make a schedule based off of that.
We'll do the best we can to accommodate people's availability when making the schedule, balanced with needs of other runners and the marathon as a whole.
Edit history:
Neerrm: 2015-12-18 01:25:41 am
Was looking at the hotel site today, and for the dates of the marathon, it looks like the 'Double Queen' room is unavailable. Is this because there's been a special reservation for these rooms by the marathon, or is everyone doomed to one king size bed per room?

The same also appears to be true of the cheapest King room as well; unavailable throughout the duration.
Why Hello it is Me
Can you even make reservations 6 months in advance for that hotel?
I'm guessing that's because we're still finalizing the contract with the hotel (the dates are for sure - just setting the final cost details).  I've asked Brossentia to pass that concern along just to make sure.
Edit history:
Essentia: 2015-12-18 02:26:56 pm
Everything's better with Magitek
There will definitely be double queen rooms available for our event. (I've been part of the contract negotiations as well.)
No pain, no gain
Yeah, sorry, Neerrm. I know there will be double queens. We may have a special login or something in order to track who comes in the room block. It's a bit chaotic for them with the holiday season, but I'll find out as soon as I can.
Professional Race Slut
@Lag.Com, I've been toying with a concept for a new site for the last hour or so. Figured I'd post it here for shits and giggles. If you want, I can go in-depth on what I think needs to be changed on the current site and how it led to some of this new concept.

http://output.jsbin.com/zoxuxur

This thing is obviously very heavily "WIP" and pretty quickly thrown together, so just consider it an "ideaboard" of sorts.
Edit history:
Vulajin: 2015-12-20 01:57:17 pm
I am unbelievably in love with Doctor Who lorem ipsum.
Quote from Vulajin:
I am unbelievably in love with Doctor Who lorem ipsum.
Do you guys think you'll take any new volunteers to help moderate with chat or IRC at all? :3
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from Oasus:
Do you guys think you'll take any new volunteers to help moderate with chat or IRC at all? :3
Brossentia is the go to guy for twitch chat, I'm the go to person for quakenet/IRC chat.

I'll be contacting the same people last year to be on the team again - I'll keep you in mind when that time comes.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-01-11 06:32:07 pm
We'll definitely appreciate offsite help with chat moderation, promotion, website design, social media, etc.  We might eventually do formal signups for offsite volunteers, but for now if you'd like to help with something specific remotely, feel free to either post here, or directly contact me or one of the other RPGLB staff members listed in the 1st post of this thread.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2016-01-11 07:31:09 pm
GhostKingG1: 2016-01-11 07:30:59 pm
Why Hello it is Me
What about for those of us looking to attend on-site and help out but don't have any experience working with editing, sound, design, and whatnot? You guys still need any "grunt labor" for the event? Just kind of getting an idea of what all goes into it.
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Quote from GhostKingG1:
What about for those of us looking to attend on-site and help out but don't have any experience working with editing, sound, design, and whatnot? You guys still need any "grunt labor" for the event? Just kind of getting an idea of what all goes into it.

A lot of the tech volunteers had no experience, don't worry. There's pretty good teachers (Vulajin) around
Quote from djtifaheart:
Quote from Oasus:
Brossentia is the go to guy for twitch chat, I'm the go to person for quakenet/IRC chat.

I'll be contacting the same people last year to be on the team again - I'll keep you in mind when that time comes.

awesome! thanks! ^^
<(^_^)>
Quote from PX_:
Quote from GhostKingG1:

A lot of the tech volunteers had no experience, don't worry. There's pretty good teachers (Vulajin) around

To add on to that, last RPGLB, the day before the marathon started, vulajin basically called over all tech volunteers and gave them  ~30 minute rundown of everything important, along with who to contact and/or info to find if people need any help. I'm not sure how many people had tech experience at the time, but he was in-depth enough for people with 0 exp to get the hang of it. As long as you know how to use a computer (I hope you do), you'll be fine.
Edit history:
JHobz: 2016-01-13 09:58:47 pm
Professional Race Slut
Quote from kirbymastah:
As long as you know how to use a computer (I hope you do), you'll be fine.

So looks like @spikevegeta2's out then Wink
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Quote:
So looks like @spikevegeta2's out then

LOLOLOL
up for chat moderation, as always Smiley

would give prizes as well.
I'm curious if any more information has been made available for those that want to attend as non-runners. I enjoyed watching this last year and am happy it's happening in SLC again since I'm local. Hoping to be able to attend for a day or so.