Smiley
Sad
page  <- 123456789101112 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
It gets even better Chris. I've found a way to cut down on grinding on chickens. I'm not sure how accurate my savestates are so I will have to make sure but it seems like we only have to fight about 10 chickens now. Might be able to cut it down more. It involves using card combos and a video is on my youtube. I need to make sure we can get the combos quickly and probably need a certain deck. Anyway I'll hopefully have a decent run with the new route soon.
Edit history:
gand988: 2015-06-06 04:31:48 am
gand988: 2015-06-06 04:31:28 am
gand988: 2015-06-06 01:46:16 am
gand988: 2015-06-05 05:05:39 pm
gand988: 2015-06-05 05:05:39 pm
gand988: 2015-06-05 04:51:55 pm
gand988: 2015-06-05 04:39:49 pm
gand988: 2015-06-05 04:26:35 pm
gand988: 2015-06-05 03:58:53 pm
ok, big update...
after skipping hagrind in the dungeons i softlock the game in the troll skip...
i need to see if the game softlock with this skips

malfoy - hagrid - snape(before troll)

edit 1 : new skip, trophy room after the cut scene of flich go back and pass the door. you can see flich in the bottom of the room

EDIT 2 : after the Malfoy+hagrid skip if you enter the Transfiguration class the game crash. save and restart before enter seems works but trigger the fight against the rabbit.. I was doing the Transfiguration before the Fly class.
EDIT 3 : i'm starting using a page on google drive to write all the things that i've discovered. if you want check the link is this : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6Rz8EpoYorqfllCQTl6LWozNHM3aFd4WXFXdjY4V3BrMjlmd3lpNENZMG9abEpqR2pNRmM&usp=sharing
pm me your email
if you want write something tell me and i add you in the moderator of the file. is more fast i think

Edit 4 :
Trophy room skip

Perfect spot chicken

I completed a run. I now have a new pb of 1:46.02 real time. For now I think we might have to switch to real time comparisons because I reset quite a few times in this run in order to complete it. Eventually I want to do a run without resets but I'm so inconsistent at this game right now thats not possible. Just to show you how much time these new finds save I had to do the troll skip twice (along with many resets), I used the folio triplicus level up trick in the wrong place (because it softlocked elsewhere), and it was generally a horrible run. I haven't played this game on console in a month and really have probably only done 5-10 runs this year so I'm out of practice. With all of these skips I think the time can come down to 1:41 real time and probably around 1:36-1:37 in game time which is insane. I will end up posting this run sometime tomorrow but for now here are the splits.

Edit history:
gand988: 2015-06-07 12:15:15 pm
i'm new in this community but i was thinking the same for the switch to the real time.
IGT is inconsistent. you can spend 4 hrs trying a skip and have a better run than a runner than never reset the game.

for example in my last run i spend 2:11 min but the IGT was 2:03 (pb)..
Well basically what I always did was go by in-game time if I didn't save and reload, which I almost never did. If someone else did reset then we would compare real time. So yeah it would probably be easier to just compare real time.
i was thinking about the 100%, we want set some rules? like 100% is have all the card in the game = finish the game 4 times.
I seriously doubt I would ever run 100% but yeah I guess it would be all cards and 4 playthroughs. I really can't think of anything else you can do in this game. Also I think all card combos and all potion recipes would be required but i don't think those transfer over from file to file. With the troll skip and potentially the malfoy skip the other playthroughs would  be significantly shorter. I thought about doing something like good ending where Gryffindor wins the house cup but that can happen during the any% anyway. Hopefully one day we can have a super glitched category where we finish the game in 30 mins or so.
i think the good ending Gryffindor is required in the first 100% because you can have acces to the Harry Potter card and the Full Enchantment and with the folio glitch (buy chocofrog and use only that) you can be at lvl99 after taking the deck. so is really more faster.
Ok so I posted the run on youtube. Heres the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1qIGTNSSuhU

Like I said the run was really bad and will be improved soon. This is being posted really just to show the route.
Edit history:
psirockin123: 2015-06-09 02:19:02 pm
Ok so I finally updated the route for this game. There might be a few things to change in the future but for now I think this is a pretty solid route. It has two versions of the route, one with Troll skip and one without. They are very similar but obviously the Troll skip route is faster and more difficult.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8AWFVtx8v3IV1VCdllIVTU2dms/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if the link doesn't work for you.

Also I'm not really good at writing these so if something is too vague or just wrong let me know and I'll fix it.
Edit history:
gand988: 2015-06-10 09:51:42 am
gand988: 2015-06-10 09:50:06 am
gand988: 2015-06-10 01:46:06 am
gand988: 2015-06-09 04:17:09 pm
gand988: 2015-06-09 04:12:53 pm
nice man,
we need to work on the route with Malfoy skip. This morning i found a good way to skip him w/o fight against the Troll.
i need to fix the route and find some good spot for Card-LvLup.

for now i have a 1:49:08 in RTA and 1:39:22 IGT.
i think that 1:30 RTA is possible.

Run
http://www.twitch.tv/gand988/c/6813598

Route
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aFWghBDdk1zOK3jotF31s-74LnIQ0sa9Wh_CnDsfOvQ&authuser=0

New malfoy skip

UPDATE 1
I was playing around with the RAM watch+search and some LUA script and this is the result
The Lua script show HP and MP + enemy 1-2-3 HP
The ram watch show more things
I was hoping you would find a way to avoid the fight the troll after the malfoy skip. That can definitely go into the route now although I wish we could find a way to not use a card combo but this is still great.

And I really don't understand RAM watch and things like that which is why I haven't done any before now. Did you find anything useful while doing it.
the most useful things is the HP enemy and the enemy count... i was trying to find an RNG element for the damage/enemy encounter... but i'm really new in this kind of things so is a bit hard Sad

by the way, i dont use this things in a run, just because not all the runner use an emulator Smiley
Ok so gand988 found a consistent malfoy skip and I was trying it out when I found this. Basically the train just wants a battle and wants you to talk to 4 people after it and then you're at Hogwarts. We can the battle with a card combo as soon as we get on the train and then talk to someone 4 times. This skips walking down the train, talking to Ron, getting Verdimillious, and battling Malfoy. The grinding after is actually really similar without verdimillous because vermillious works just as well and uses less magic.

Edit history:
psirockin123: 2015-06-10 11:02:48 pm
So I got another pb. This was only my 3rd run trying troll skip and my first skipping the train. The skips went ok and everything else aside from the beginning of the run went well too. Here are the splits. There is still more time to come off of this and the route needs more refining but overall this is a nice 5 minute pb that is a bad run. I'm not sure how much more time can come off but I'm sure its at least a couple of minutes. Also I'll post the run tomorrow.

Ok so the run is up. Its still the best time right now but everyone else is closing fast. There are still a few small things to go over but this is pretty good.

I told you that last run was bad. My next run just finished and I got a 1:34:07 realtime and 1:29:29 game time. Its pretty good but minutes can still be saved. Here are the splits.

Ok so here is the run. Potions was slow. I could have had a 24-25 minute split there and also I did have a slow troll skip because I failed the setup but the skip went well. The rest of the time loss is mostly bad encounters. I would like to get this down a few more minutes but its getting continuously harder. This was the first run after my last pb and I saved 7 mins. All of the big time savers are in this run so theres not much left to save. Also I tried something and recorded the timer to but I don't the right software to put them together correctly so it looks bad.

Here's the run.

So, what would you guys think about changing the timing on the speedrun.com leaderboards to reflect real-time as opposed to IGT?
yes, we need to change it.
Because if you fail the troll skip and reset the time is not real. i can spend 4 hours in trying that skip, reset  and have a WR. Is not fair for the people that make a clean run w/o reset.
Cause if so, there needs to be a definite start and end point in terms of timing
Yeah it needs to be changed to real time. As for beginning and end points I use when I press a on the overwrite screen and end as soon as voldemort gets hit and starts running away.
i use the same method of psi and is the best metod i think
Okay, I've just asked if the times can be changed, they should hopefully be done soon
Edit history:
gand988: 2015-06-18 01:59:41 am
yea, we just need to contact a moderator and edit the "rules" section and next change all the times

UPDATE:

all the times in the leaderboar are update on RTA, we can still set the IGT if we want Smiley