Sad
page  <- 123456789101112 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Twitch.tv/chrislaughs
Awesome! But I think you need to make the doc public, because it's not letting me access it.
Ok thanks. I think this did it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8AWFVtx8v3ILUl6MzVRYnluUzQ/edit?usp=sharing
Hey guys. I am thinking of submitting a run of this game to the site. I haven't got a new time yet but when I do I want to have quality that is good enough to submit. This is just letting you know. If anyone has experience in this area I would love any help. Right now it looks like I'm going to have to use a dvd recorder.
Ok so if you want to laugh at something that made me really mad then this is the video for you. I was 41 seconds ahead btw.

Twitch.tv/chrislaughs
It would be cool to see a run on the site.
That is a weird glitch man. Haha, but seriously that sucks. And the new route is viewable now, thanks.
Edit history:
psirockin123: 2014-09-04 11:55:49 am
Yeah I never seen Quirell poison harry so I'm not if its in his moveset or not but it was annoying. I probably would have got a pb by 30 secs or so. But yeah I do want to submit a run. I'm not sure how many people would watch it but there are a lot of obscure games on this site so I'll try.

Also this run had the best rat ever. I beat the first rat at 3:52.
Ok so a small update. I am still grinding runs of this but I have been having bad luck. I'm pretty sure with the current route I can get a 1:46 real time run but its tough. Basically I have to save all of my time before History of magic because after that my run is pretty good. I have been 2:30 ahead and then lost it all. I'm basically doing one good run a day right now so I hope I get a pb soon.

Also Chris I still want to watch you stream a run if you have time this week or weekend. If not I understand.
Twitch.tv/chrislaughs
Yeah, I'm still planning to stream a practice run. Might be Friday 9/12 during the day. I haven't derusted or ran the new route yet because of school, but it would be really awesome to get some feedback.
Ok. I'll be busy tomorrow but ill try to catch it.
Ok so a small update. I haven't done any runs in a few days because I had an awesome run die. I was 2 minutes ahead after the troll and I still couldnt finish the run. I think I had over 10 encounters while carrying norbert. It was awful. Anyway I'll try again soon. Anybody else do any runs?
Twitch.tv/chrislaughs
New PB! No Reset, 1 death to a random fight, no damage on Voldemort. Good run, but still could be better. I'm getting more comfortable with the route, so I might start making less potions. Here's my splits:
Twitch.tv/chrislaughs
Whoops, sorry for the double post. Didn't attach the splits.

Snake Fang farming went terrible. I actually got Licorice Wands at one point, but otherwise the run went pretty smoothly.

Good job. I just saw that you streamed this one. Sorry i didn't come and watch. I was just watching other streams and would have watched. But yeah making less potions is a good way to save time but it can really stress you out sometimes. Just find the right balance. I still need to do more attempts. The troll seriously killed my run on the last attempt. Anyway I'll try to watch next time.
Edit history:
psirockin123: 2014-09-24 10:10:44 pm
Ok so I attempted 3 runs today. Two of them were mercy-killed in potions because of not getting the snake fang and being way behind (not good since I died in my pb). Anyway the 3rd run was probably my best ever. I was on pace for a sub 56 troll kill and the rng was great but then hit critical hit me. The run would have been hard to finish anyway because of low pepper-up potions but I think that it was possible (if all else fails I would have bought one from fred and george). Anyway here are the splits. Also this really makes me want to finish a run. I don't think that I have finished a run in over 100 attempts. I had one that died to Quirell while I was ahead but still. Also if all went well in this run it would have possibly been a 1:45 real time which is a crazy time. Anyway I hope to get a good one soon but losing runs like this makes it hard to continue sometimes.
Edit history:
psirockin123: 2014-09-24 10:13:19 pm
Wow I forgot to attach splits as well. Thats weird that it happened twice in one day.

Also Chris I was thinking that the next time you stream that we should get on skype or something. That would make it easier to talk without the twitch lag.

Ok so I found some new tricks and possibly a new route (I'm not sure that its safe enough yet). Basically i found that the small rats in the dungeon under the school (after the lake) will frequently drop wiggenweld potions. I am thinking about trying to grind there for a while to see if I can get good drops. This adds more rng to the run and the enemies are strong there (the bats are especially bad), and you're a lower level. The rats are only more common on the first level and there is also a wiggenweld on the path behind the stairs. I think that if its safe enough I will start grinding a few levels here. Also I found a way to force an enemy to change locations by pausing. Its pretty difficult but obviously useful if you are in small corridor and want to get around the enemy fast. With some practice this should help out in runs.

Also Chris I'm free most of the week if you want to skype or something just let me know here or send me a twitch message if you can. The only bad day is saturday because I have something in the morning and a wedding that night. Just let me know.
Ok so scratch that new route idea. It was way too slow and since you have to play it safe you dont get many potions out of it. I think I came out with 4 wiggenwelds both runs I did and that is equal to the amount I picked up (the extra one in the dungeon too). What I think I'm going to do is do my grinding on the lake but maybe try a few encounters in the cave while getting the extra potion. This also definitely means you should never run from a small rat unless there are too many enemies (2 or 3 small rats should be fine). Anyway the avoiding encounters with pausing still works.
Edit history:
psirockin123: 2014-10-03 09:55:07 pm
Ok so here is the video of me grabbing the key while holding up. I hope this happens in a run sometime.

So here is what I think is my best run so far (if not its not too far off). This run is about 3 minutes ahead of my pb and shows a lot of the early game. I eventually lost to a crit by the troll sadly. Anyway hope it helps Chris.

Ok so it finally happened. I'll post everything about the run soon but I'm extremely happy even though it could have been much better. Also Chris it was fun last Friday. Hope we can do it again.
Twitch.tv/chrislaughs
New WR perhaps?!?!? thumbsup Hope you got a run with the crazy route, man!
Yeah, it was tons of fun! I agree!
Yeah. Its a new record. 1:47:30. (1:43:00 in game time). I was going to wait until I got the run up but I can go ahead and post the splits. Basically everything that had to go right for me to finish the run did and I had pretty good rng. I still had one death and a crappy beginning. The death cost me almost a minute and I then missed the malfoy skip. I also had to fight an extra chicken fight so I really don't know how this was a pb. I was really rusty on the final bosses so before I attempt more I need to practice that part.

Attachment:
Ok so here's the run. I'll post a few highlights if you want to skip around.

- Charms class (the best class) was pure luck. I failed once and then blanked out at the end. Watch me sit there for a few seconds and then guess. The run should have died.
  -The HOM rat fight was amazing. If I had gold splits it would have been one.
  - The Troll fight was also amazing mostly just the beginning.
  - The restricted section was encounter-less.
  - Chickens had an extra fight
  - Norbert went great until the final hallway. Could have been avoided also missed the skip
  - Forbidden forest was great. 1 encounter ended with low damage. Then I died on the 7th floor losing at least 50 seconds
  - The final boss rush was awful. I literally havent played this part of the game in over two months so I couldn't do the glitch correctly. Somehow i saved 3 seconds though.

Also a few other things. Its been over 4 months since my last pb. 2 months since I've finished a run. 144 attempts between pbs with only 3 runs (including this one) being completed. I hope my next pb comes sooner. Basically because of all of the big time losses (mostly the death) and a few sloppy areas I still want a better time. I should be able to finish potions about a minute earlier but these splits will be hard to beat. Anyway enjoy the run.

Twitch.tv/chrislaughs
Nice run! Congratulations.
I made a few notes while watching: the DADA ogre/troll or whatever we want to call it has about 240 hp, while the Mountain Troll has over 500.
The biggest differences between our runs is how optimized your movement is and how quick you do the menus. I need to go faster.
I think a deathless run is getting close, and might be able to break 1:45:00 RTA.
Congrats again!
Thats insane that the troll has over 500 hp. No wonder he's so difficult. And thank you. I'm pretty proud of it but I wish this was the deathless run. It would have been almost a minute faster. It took a lot of runs for me to optimize movement and the menus and I still mess up sometimes. It just takes practice. Remember this was run 204 and I had done a lot of runs before I started using splits. And I really hope I can get get 1:45:00 RTA its just going to be tough. Anyway glad you enjoyed it.