Sad
page  <- 123456789101112 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Congrats man!!!
A race would be cool, but it's going to be a while before I can get a capture card and semi-good internet. Tongue
Yeah thanks. And I understand about getting a capture card and everything. You could do it on emulator and not stream though. I mean its not like many people would watch it, I just kind of want this game to get more attention. Anyway I'll probably end up uploading the run tomorrow and i should also update the route since its a little outdated now.
Grats!
As I'm currently working (I'm tired everyday), I don't have a plenty of free time, even if this is "holydays". I will probably do a run every week-end, but don't expect me to do more at this point ><
Very interesting videos btw, thx. I think I liked them all a bit more than a week ago.
I understand the working thing. I've been working 6 days a week for awhile now(though I do get off early). Also I seem to only do runs once a week anyways so that's fine. If you do stream it ill try to check it out. Also still haven't uploaded the video. I'll get on that soon.
Also thanks for watching the videos. I did get that malfoy detention skip in my run so that saved time. I had a lot of fun finding the other glitches.
I uploaded the run last night.

Yeah, I saw you did. I will watch it later.
I agree, finding new things is really fun. I should pass more time on this game currently. I'm a bit away.
My derust run this week end was 1:57 RTA. Hope I will do better this week (it's ok but I want better). Will try to stream too.
Yeah it takes awhile to derust. I will definitely try to watch if you stream it. I will be home most of the time this week so I might do some runs too. Good luck.
Edit history:
CactusPiquant: 2014-07-05 04:53:25 am
Ok guys, I'm definitely out of this now.
My work is taking way too much time. I'm not even running my main game currently.
I should be back in some months (like in september). I feel a bit sorry, but I hope you will still improve the run Psirockin.
Of course, I will still check this thread 2-3 times a week, and maybe I will try to improve the route. I just don't have the time to run.
Yeah. I understand. I haven't played this game since my last pb. I hope you do come back to it some day and also I watched your croc run about a month ago and it was very entertaining. See you around.
Haven't played in quite a while, but I'm going to start de-rusting probably next week. Figured out how to stream, so a race could happen or something to that effect once I don't have an embarrassing time. Is there an updated route written somewhere?
The route is still the same I think. You just have to take a potion behing the statue next to headless nick at the beginning, to deathwarp instead of going into forbidden corridor if low life, and to avoid the cutscene as Psirockin found it when going to deliver the dragon.
Psirockin, feel free to complete me, maybe I forgot something.
Yeah you basically got it cactus. I haven't played this game since I last got a pb so I'm pretty rusty as well. I have been meaning to get a good deathless run so I'll probably play it this week. I'm glad to hear you're playing it Pip. Feel free to ask specific questions because there are probably a bunch of small timesavers in the route not written down (I might update in the future once I get it relearned). I'd love to race at some point. Do you have an actual cart or emulator (either is fine)? Good luck
I have a cart but no capture card, so I'll be playing on emulator.
Twitch.tv/chrislaughs
Oh, btw I changed my name to match my twitch account. Same person, just different name haha. I'll be using this one to comment from now on, hopefully that's not a problem. Feel free to continue calling me Pip or Chris or whatever.
Oh ok cool. Is there any specific time you'll be streaming? I'll try to watch but my internet keeps going off and on. I'll go ahead and follow you right now while I'm thinking about it.
So tonight I did a derust run (My last run was June 10). It was pretty bad but could have been deathless if the History of Magic rat had not critical hit me. I'm definitely going to do more attempts this week. Anyway here are the splits.

Edit history:
psirockin123: 2014-08-01 08:21:52 pm
So I did another run. I was a little behind but it ended in a freeze on the chickens. I think I might try ion a emulator to get the freeze to happen to see if its a certain thing that I'm doing. It's happened 3 times now.
Anyway have you done a run yet?
Never got the chickens softlock, hope I will never get it.
To be honest I think the soft lock is actually pretty common sadly. I think I've encountered it most just because of the number of attempts I've done. Since I created my splits I've done 75 attempts. Most reset early though and I had done quite a few runs before using splits. I tried to get the freeze on emulator but didn't get it. I thought that maybe it was caused by mashing at the start of the fight but this doesn't seem to be the case. At least my last run was bad.
That's probably true. I just made 14 attempts (I was surprised, expected more).
I should have a save for each part of the game, in order to check things quickly. The fact is that I'm too lazy to do half the game just to check the softlock. That way, it will also be easier to work on new route/glitch/etc. If I remember well, you have 30 save slots, right?
In the actual game there are only 3 slots but you can easily use save states to overcome this problem. I have about 20 savestates. And don't worry sometimes I don't feel like playing the game either. But I do hope there are more tricks to find in this game.
There's a word for that
I don't recall encountering such problems with the chickens either. Very unfortunate that it's causing you to lose runs Sad Still, I think that barring any new findings your route is close to optimal now and if you can pull off a no-death run it will definitely be worth submitting.
I agree. The route won't improve slightly imo. I think we can't find a way to go faster at the end. The fast glitch seems to be optimized. Also, we tried to skip almost all the cutscenes, so now, these skips should be ok, no more incoming. And the rest seems fine.
The game seems to be full of glitches, maybe we will find a way to break the game. But for now, current route seems really solid.

Ah, so 20 savestates. Well, that should be enough to cover the full game. I mean, I can savestate every 10 minutes of the run. That's cool.
Yeah I agree with the current route being pretty much set. I just need to sit down and grind out attempts. The problem with getting a good time though is still the rng. On my pb I get the first split at the rat at about 4:45 but with optimal luck I can get close to 4 flat (my best is 4:03). Just that time save is huge. My run is still the pb because of good luck like this later in the run so overall even you execute well it can be hard to get a good run but I intend to do so. I'll probably try a run tonight and see how it goes.