page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1, 2 ... 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Right, so who else is coming from England?  We should totally do that thing where we coordinate travel and aim for the same flights, etc...
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Quote from RoboSparkle:
Right, so who else is coming from England?  We should totally do that thing where we coordinate travel and aim for the same flights, etc...

inb4'd
Make it so.
Quote from RoboSparkle:

Quote from DRsynj:
inb4'd

Assuming I'm coming then I'll come along with you fine folk if that's all good Smiley

About how much was the flight last time?
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
It cost me about £120 for the return journey including bus, train and flight iirc, about £80~ for the return flight including luggage.
Joshimuz is planning on going and if I can get a passport in time I hope to too. It's all a bit sketchy at the moment though having to plan train to London then flight to Sweden then train to Skovde. Not sure if he/we want to get hotel or sleep in the sleeping area. Where or what is Nyeport?
meh
Nyeport is like a community center for youths. It's located about 400m from the train station, and the House of Culture (sleeping area) is just across the street from the train station.
Ah okay so both venues (main and sleeping) are opposite the train station? That's cool then. I hope I can go as then it'll be my first time abroad :')
Edit history:
ozzy88: 2013-03-05 08:09:46 am
There will be no trouble helping you find your way in Skövde. Don't worry about it. You'll get contact information to several attending and perhaps you could schedule to arrive at the same time as people who have attended ESA previously. If people come around the same time we could arrange so that someone can meet you at the station.

EDIT:

The map is now updated!!!
meh
My little map is now done. Take a look at the first post for an updated map.

If you want a more clean map (without the pictures) just ask.
Precursor
Oh, by the way, just thought of this - might be a good thing to list the price of parking there.
Hockey enthusiast
There is free parking, but a couple of hundred meters away from the venue.
Personal text
Quote from Edenal:

Then how will we get from the car to the venue?
Make it so.
Quote from Jokaah:
Quote from Edenal:

Then how will we get from the car to the venue?

I seriously hope you're joking.
Personal text
Smiley
Edit history:
iMysty: 2013-03-08 08:37:45 am
iMysty: 2013-03-08 08:37:30 am
Quote from RoboSparkle:

If I do end up coming, I would be coming from England. Smiley
Is there some kind of youth hostel in the town? 300 for a week is just way too expensive for me but I bring my girlfriend and we like to cuddle.
I know what you mean jatenk. I looked up hotels and it was £880 for a week! As nice as I'm sure it would be in the sleeping area, I'd rather not be in a huge room with others and when I'm a girl I don't want people seeing me unchange and in pjs etc Tongue
Precursor
For changing, there's always the dressing rooms where the showers are "backstage" (it's literally behind a stage in one of the larger rooms), but I understand the concerns. Large sleeping areas like this is regular practice at larger events in Sweden, so we're used to it being that way. I was a bit surprised to learn that this seems to be very much a Swedish concept, cons and events in other countries don't do this.

That said, last time I was sleeping off in a corner close to aforementioned stage where there were no other people sleeping anywhere near it. I was essentially alone, there was the occasional person strolling by (and the only problem with that was that I had apparently picked the coldest corner in the building to sleep in). I think Neviutz slept on one of the built into the wall couches at the other side of the room some time. So while I understand the aversion to "large sleeping area with others", there is privacy to be had if you look for it.

And yeah, if you're going to sleep offsite, it's not going to get any cheaper than listed in the first post. Them's the breaks.

I don't know exactly what areas of Kulturhuset we have access to this time around, but as most people are probably going to be sleeping in what was the sleeping area last time around too, I can think of a few places where you could be somewhat alone.
Edit history:
Crippe: 2013-03-09 11:56:16 am
Crippe: 2013-03-09 11:55:26 am
meh
Kittycat: There is a small room connected to Loke (sleeping room) that can fit about 4 people. I don't know if all the stuff in it will still be there after the renovation, but before they had a big sofa, piano and some chairs in that room. The room has two big doors that can be closed if you want.

Sadly don't have any pictures of the room, but it's just a small room that was mostly used for people that wanted private conversations when Loke was in use. And it has been used to sleep in many times before as well.

EDIT: Found a nice map of Loke. I marked what is what on the map. "Extra" is the small room I'm talking about. http://i.imgur.com/GGXnOBw.jpg
Ah okay cool! Do we pay for ESA + sleeping area in one payment and is it first come first served or could I call dibs on the small room? Tongue
meh
From the main thread "Costs
We are looking at 50-75€ pricetag, this includes accomodation for the entier week. (It's European Speedster Assembly afterall!)
If you would like to solve your accomodation yourself, the price for attending is slightly less, landing at 25-40€."

Smiley

But I don't see a problem with you calling dibs. But if more people would like to use the room I'm sure guys can work something out. I mean, everyone won't be sleeping at the same time anyways.
Oh yeah I don't expect to just hog the room to myself. I'm willing to share I just didn't particularly want to be in a room packed with like 20 people and most likely all guys Tongue I was wondering if maybe another couple who felt the same as me wanted to share as sharing with 2 more people is better than 20 if they also want privacy etc Tongue
torch slug since 2006
just wanna show that this is the main reason why im not going...

Attachment:
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-03-09 02:10:19 pm
Precursor
How much would that train trip even cost? You could fly Pajala-Luleå-Stockholm.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-03-10 05:05:44 am
KennyMan666: 2013-03-10 05:04:26 am
KennyMan666: 2013-03-10 04:59:31 am
Precursor
Okay, so it's almost certain that I'll have a car from Gothenburg. Priority will be given to transporting things rather than people. I can potentially arrange at least one pickup from Landvetter to Gothenburg central station if there's a group of four arriving at about the same time on the 15th, but when the car goes to Skövde, it depends entirely on how much stuff that will be brought. At least two seating spots have already been kind of called for and I have no idea if there'll be any more. But if you need large things (and I can probably transport your luggage) transported Gothenburg-Skövde while you yourself take the train, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement. Because I know how annoying it is to transport large and heavy things trainwise.

Car will probably be driven to Gothenburg on Sunday the 14th so it'll be available for pickups and shit on the 15th, but I haven't 100% decided when the trip down to Skövde happens. Assume Monday for now.