List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-04-25 01:26:03 am
Edenal: 2013-03-12 04:01:42 pm
Hockey enthusiast
Please take it easy with the chatting.

I would also like to make it clear that sleeping at the "stage"-area is not guaranteed. This is not an area we are renting and neither were we last year! It happend to work out then, but don't make plans sleeping there for this summer. We have rooms dedicated for sleeping those are plenty enough.

If you can't separate facts from assumptions, please don't say anything. It does more harm than good.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Re knowledge of Swedish: It's one of those wonderful countries where almost everyone will speak enough English or know someone who speaks enough English for foreigners to get by. At least for the area we're talking about (not sure about Swedish Lapland but that's irrelevant here). Also, many (written) words can be guessed by knowing them in other germanic languages (Danish/Norwegian preferred but German accepted. Not entirely sure about English/Dutch because I'm biased Wink ). The only problematic area we ran into was the Sushi bar, where not even Carcinogen's 'Nihongo?' would help us xD. But pointing and reading worked great there ^^. There's no need to be anxious about daemons' language ^^
Additional note: Swedes will disagree but just because a word is spelt in a specific way, doesn't mean it's pronounced in any way a foreigner would deem logical … probably much like English in that matter xD
Speed is all that matters.
Quote from Alko:
Well, it might have been mentioned before, but no-one's going to stop you looking for a more secluded-type of corner in the main (i.e. not female-exclusive) sleeping room or in the big stage room that Damnitman and Nev slept in next time. I think the argument of other females really not being comfortable with sleeping while any male is in the closer vicinity is stronger than that of a couple, as Edenal put it before Wink

I gotta say, sleeping in the stage room was convenient and comfortable as hell. I'm surprised it worked out last year since we didn't rent the area but somehow no one really seemed to mind us sleeping there.
It was literally the same as if I slept on my couch at home, only issue was that it was a little cold.

If it happens to not work out this year I guess I'll have to sleep in front of the streaming computer again. Cheesy
Quote from Neviutz:
If it happens to not work out this year I guess I'll have to sleep in front of the streaming computer again. Cheesy

Just sleep during the blindfolded parts of your Catherine run. Not an option? Cheesy
Just wondering: are there any photos of the sleeping area from previous ESA's? Its just to get a general idea of what its like. I've found a hostel that's about 10-20 minutes away and would be 4000 SEK for the week (around £400 so £200 each) which isn't TOO bad but obviously £40 for the week is much better. However as some know I'm worried about privacy. I'd be tempted for room dividers but it would be a nightmare getting them there. Especially seeing as we'll bring a blow up bed and everything. What areas will we be using and are allowed to go in on http://i.imgur.com/GGXnOBw.jpg?
Hockey enthusiast
No pictures that I can find on my camera / phone / Facebook.

The areas we will have are Balder (the divided room just "north" of Exp), Freja. And possibly Loke if renovations is not delayed.
Definitely not Valhall.

On top of that, three rooms at Nyeport. (One for streaming, one for practice)

If you you're a group of people less than 4 and you go to a hostel, there's a chance that other travelers might be sleeping in the same room as most hostels have 4-8 beds per room without it being exclusive. Of course it might vary from hostel to hostel too, but if you really want to be at a hostel for privacy you should probably check ahead Smiley
Some photos from last year can be found in the old thread. What you will find described as the streaming room is Balder, the practice room is Freja.

So stupid question, because it was probably answered: All of streaming + practice in Nyeport, the rooms at the culture house only for sleeping/washing? That would give us a heck of a lot of room without needing to storm Valhall … But showers will still be behind the stage? Or is that all in the flow?
Hockey enthusiast
Nyeport = Streaming / practice
Kulturhuset = Sleeping / casual
:D
So if anyone is driving from/past Hökerum/Ulricehamn/Borås I'd love to see if we could work something out because I've been asked to bring my big-ass computer and I'd rather not bring it on the train Tongue
meh
Quote from eTholon:
I've been asked to bring my big-ass computer and I'd rather not bring it on the train Tongue

In all honesty, I thought you had a laptop, and someone said you could borrow his laptop
:D
Quote from Crippe:
In all honesty, I thought you had a laptop, and someone said you could borrow his laptop

I do have a laptop and I'll bring that aswell. But I think my travel arrangements have been fixed for now.
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Does dxtr still have a spot in his car? I live in Västerås, got audio equipment to bring, also got fibromyalgia and what might be arthritis or a very old knee injury coming back to me.
Speedrunner
@MrLonghair

I believe my spot is still empty. So if you want i can pick you up.

Note this that i will be there the whole time. Sunday to sunday/monday. Depending on how long the bonusstream is.
Ace! That's cool, I'll contribute some gas money etc. I'll be there the whole time rigging audio, de-rigging audio
So...that spot is now occupied? If so I'll remove it from the original post. =)
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-04-12 02:06:33 pm
This is a soft one so far, but is going to get considerably harder as the month ends:
As you (might) know I came by train last year and will do so again this year (unless my boss absolutely refuses any talk on holiday … unlikely). The route I'll probably be taking is the night train from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, an X2000 from there to Nässjö (or maybe Öresundtåg followed by X2000 in Malmö) and a regional from Nässjö to Skövde. If anyone is planning on training along the same route, speak up if you want to be included in what so far is a team of two. If Amsterdam (/some cities in the Netherlands/Emmerich/Duisburg/Düsseldorf/Cologne/Wuppertal/Bielefeld/Hamm/some I've forgotten) is not your route of origin that same night train gets connected with branches from Zurich (via Freiburg, Mannheim, Frankfurt, Fulda; easy to reach from southern Germany, Switzerland and Austria) and Prague (via Dresden and Berlin I think) in Hannover, so if you're on one of them, you'ld meet us in Copenhagen at the latest Wink
Expect a price in the order of sub 100 Euros for the part until Nässjö, unless I'm missing something bloomin' obvious.

Edit: I did ^^' Because I own one, I expect everybody to have a BahnCard, Halbtaxabo, or whatever the Austrian equivalent is. So that price quote is for people who get the 25 % discount. You know what I mean if you live where they speak German ^^
Quote from ozzy88:
So...that spot is now occupied? If so I'll remove it from the original post. =)

Yup! Gonna need a hella disaster for me to be unable to show up
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2013-04-18 04:32:28 am
icedpingu: 2013-04-18 04:26:04 am
icedpingu: 2013-04-14 02:09:49 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey guys, we are currently 4 people from Austria (2 Vienna, 2 Salzburg) who are considering to attend the event.
Here is our travel plan:
We are flying from Vienna to Stockholm (much cheaper than Vienna => Gothenburg + we would have a stopover in Düsseldorf) and from there we are taking the SJ Intercity (2h37min). It costs as much as the SJ Regional (472 SEK) but it only takes 1/2 an hour less to Skövde.
So if anyone from Austria is also going to this event, feel free to join us to this awesome trip =D

@Alko: The Austrian equivalent is the ÖBB Vorteilscard and we have 50% discount on every ticket.
But there is a special offer from the ÖBB, it is called the "SparSchiene Europa", for Denmark it would only cost 79€. The only disadvantage about these tickets is that you have to be really quick to get them and there is only a couple of them. (mostly 90 days before the trip goes on)
You can find more information on that here: http://www.oebb.at/de/Reisen_ins_Ausland/SparSchiene_Europa/Daenemark/index.jsp

EDIT: I've made a map similar to the one on the first page, but I didn't like the colours of it. => http://i.imgur.com/dnJPHe4.png
Is anyone traveling from England (to be more specific, around the Midlands area?) as I still need to book the plane tickets etc and at the moment I am traveling alone.

If traveling from somewhere outside The Midlands is cheaper then I have no problem going to an airport further out.
Quote from icedpingu:
I've made a map similar to the one on the first page, but I didn't like the colours of it. => http://i.imgur.com/dnJPHe4.png

I'm adding that to the first post, I hope that's OK.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Quote from iMysty:
Is anyone traveling from England (to be more specific, around the Midlands area?) as I still need to book the plane tickets etc and at the moment I am traveling alone.

If traveling from somewhere outside The Midlands is cheaper then I have no problem going to an airport further out.

Going with Ryanair from Stanstead the flight will cost you (before the luggage fee) £29 on July 16th, £37 on July 15th and £92 on July 14th. I was planning to go on the 14th but it sounds like going the following day(s) would be a much better idea (for me at least, considering my first game isn't until the 17th.) I was planning to make a thread once the schedule is made to arrange some kind of UK meetup to take this flight as here are a few people interested, we did the same thing last year but the costs will likely split people this time. We'll see!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from ozzy88:
Quote from icedpingu:
I've made a map similar to the one on the first page, but I didn't like the colours of it. => http://i.imgur.com/dnJPHe4.png

I'm adding that to the first post, I hope that's OK.

Yeah sure Smiley
Right. My game is not until the 19th so I can be very lenient on when leaving but for now I will wait until the thread is made before we sort it out properly :>

Cheers.
Posting this now, before I forget. Please feel free to link and/or quote in the first post

(Re-) Introducing Alko's Euro to Krones exchange booth.
I'm sure many of you are facing the problem, that you pay in Euros at home, and are forced to use Krones in Skövde. Like last year, I am offering to exchange that money for you. The procedure is deadly simple: You PM me asking for money, we meet at the beginning of ESA, you hand me your Euros and get your Krones Wink
So why would you do this? Because I have a wonderful bank that will give me foreign money for the best exchange rates available on the free market, without any hidden fees or anything. Unless the price of Krones plummets between me visiting that bank and arriving in Skövde, it'll probably not be cheaper to get them anywhere else.
Please observe the deadline: Post that PM by the 30th of June. Just so I can organise the rest Wink
Please also note that I only accept Euros and only deal Krones.