page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Precursor
Arlanda-Stockholm runs throughout the entire day, it's Stockholm-Skövde where the last train is at 18:something. So that's kinda weird.

50 minutes from landing to Stockholm is... probably impossible. The train only takes 20 minutes, but that means you have 30 minutes to make it from the plane to the station when you land. I wouldn't even consider it if you have any checked in luggage to wait for and collect, and even if you don't, it's probably pushing it. The flight bus from Arlanda to Stockholm C takes 45 minutes so yeah not happening.
Well that sucks. Trains here in England run until midnight no matter the location so you'd think the same would be for Sweden at least in main cities and from airports but nope. I have no idea what we'll do then. I've been doing nothing but researching for the past 4 hours or so, got a damn headache, so I'll stop and try again tomorrow or something. I really think we're stuck though :/
@Kittycatwinters

I have been to Sweden before and gone with Ryanair and personally I didn't have any problems. I think the main issue seem to have it on the initial ticket price it does not include baggae so it is sometimes confusing. The flight it self was fine (It's not like the plane has an outisde toilet or anything ;D)

If I remember correctly Ryanair is essentially a coach in the sense of you do not have a given seat (unless you pay extra), you just pick when you get on the plane. They might have changed that but I don't think they have.
Anyone correct me if I am wrong there!
@iMysty

Oh right well fair enough. Like I said in previous comments, surely its fine for 2 hours. Oh really? So most flights include baggage costs etc but Ryanair doesn't? How much is it then? I quite like the idea of being able to sit where you want too, guessing its a first come first served kinda thing. Guess I'll check the Ryanair website for deals then. Where are you coming from?
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Take a rest, Kittycatwinters, you have plenty of time to work this stuff out, haha. Prices wont be hugely impacted for another month or so and if I'm wrong you'll be able to see the changes before it's too late by checking the prices regularly.
Edit history:
flicky: 2013-05-10 03:30:22 pm
$15 per rant/allegory
Don't suppose anyone is driving from Gothenburg on the 18th in the evening~

Turns out Sweden don't run anything after 11pm which is when the last train is. The airport shuttle to the city centre even stops at 9pm. I'll have 40 minutes after landing to get to a train which doesn't seem like it's going to happen. So I either need to get a ride (weird timing) or stay in Gothenburg a night and go up the next day.
Yeah I guess haha. I can get pretty OCD about planning things though. I wouldn't be so bad if this was something in London or England but seeing as its abroad and I've never been abroad or on a plane I'm panicking. I have to be the one to organise EVERYTHING and its getting the right plane flights in terms of times and price as well as getting to and from airports and train stations etc. Swear its going to make me ill! I've just had a look on the Ryanair website though and its come up really expensive. It's like £111 to go to Gothenburg but then there's a bunch of extras and taxes which make that one flight £224 then coming back is £55. The times are pants as well; either too early to too late. I might have a look through Skyscanner instead of directly as they may have more or better flights. Right now though I can see us sticking with Norwegian. It's just working out what airports and all the trains. o.O
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-05-14 08:02:37 am
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
One thing about comparing Sweden to England is: England has 53 million people on 130.000 km², making 410 inhabitants per square k while Sweden has 9.5 million people on 450.000 km² making 21 inhabitants per square k … which means England is 20 times as densely populated on average, and so there are twenty times as many people who could potentially take a last train, shifting the time-slot of trains actually running further back towards midnight and later. Yes, I know Sweden has very sparsly populated areas far up North, but factoring them out won't change the general gist of the picture Wink
130 km²? That's a bit tiny, is it not? :p
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think he forgot to put 3 numbers behind it:  130.395 km², Sweden:  450.295 km²
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-05-14 08:05:07 am
I did; thanks for pointing that out xD
Damn decimal dots vs decimal commas vs thousands commas vs thousands dots … yeah, I got confused. But the relation between the numbers is all that counts Wink

Edit: I'll be buying train tickets tonight ^^
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from flicky:

Turns out Sweden don't run anything after 11pm which is when the last train is. The airport shuttle to the city centre even stops at 9pm. I'll have 40 minutes after landing to get to a train which doesn't seem like it's going to happen. So I either need to get a ride (weird timing) or stay in Gothenburg a night and go up the next day.

Doubt anyone is driving, but it's not impossible that I (or someone else) can drive and pick you up if you pay for gas.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from Edenal:
Quote from flicky:

Doubt anyone is driving, but it's not impossible that I (or someone else) can drive and pick you up if you pay for gas.

I absolutely would if someone offers to. I didn't think anyone would be up for that though.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-05-14 11:07:15 am
KennyMan666: 2013-05-14 10:44:02 am
KennyMan666: 2013-05-14 10:43:48 am
Precursor
So, as I've previously stated, I'm going to have a car this year. The plan is to leave Gothenburg at about 12:00 on the 15th. The initial planning was for me, Wery and Jinny, but after talking about what we would bring, I've realized that there's going to be absolutely no problem at all to bring at least one more passenger and probably even two because this car is quite big, but it depends.

But, for the time being, one spot in a car leaving Gothenburg at 12:00 on Monday the 15th, which means we should be arriving in Skövde between 14:00 and 15:00, up for grabs.
Quote from KennyMan666:
So, as I've previously stated, I'm going to have a car this year. The plan is to leave Gothenburg at about 12:00 on the 15th. The initial planning was for me, Wery and Jinny, but after talking about what we would bring, I've realized that there's going to be absolutely no problem at all to bring at least one more passenger and probably even two because this car is quite big, but it depends.

But, for the time being, one spot in a car leaving Gothenburg at 12:00 on Monday the 15th, which means we should be arriving in Skövde between 14:00 and 15:00, up for grabs.

Added to the car-pools section in the first post.
Quote from Alko:
Edit: I'll be buying train tickets tonight ^^

There we go. Arrival in Skövde C on Sunday the 14th at 23:08 with Västtrafik train no 7264 from Nässjö C.
Departure from Skövde C on Wednesday the 24th at 08:55, again with Västtrafik train no 7217 to Nässjö C.

In case anyone is interested, and wants to know what I'm doing to get to and from Nässjö, feel free to ask.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from flicky:
I absolutely would if someone offers to. I didn't think anyone would be up for that though.

Staying a night in Gothenburg becuase the trains have stopped it ridiculous! I'll come and pick you up.
Speedrunner
I can as well drive from skovde to gothenburn if trains suddenly stopped going!
$15 per rant/allegory
Well that sorts that out. Thanks guys! I'll private thread you with details when I've fully worked them out!
Just wondering if anyone is travelling to Arlanda Stockholm? Trains are around £100-£150 PER PERSON and I'm worried Joshimuz and myself won't be able to afford it. If anyone is in the area anytime from midday on Sunday 14th and can drive us to Skovde that would be amazing. Obviously we'll pay you for fuel etc but shouldn't be as much as the train cost? Tongue
Edit history:
charleon: 2013-05-24 09:07:26 am
What is a man?
Quote from KennyMan666:

Hey Kennyman! we met during RSM (if you've forgotten already :D), was standing with Ozzy.

I'm interested in one of those spots, question is how much luggage can be brought with me? probably will ahve like a gym bag with console + clothes and necessities and a sleepingbag + pillow
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Kittycatwinters:
Just wondering if anyone is travelling to Arlanda Stockholm? Trains are around £100-£150 PER PERSON and I'm worried Joshimuz and myself won't be able to afford it. If anyone is in the area anytime from midday on Sunday 14th and can drive us to Skovde that would be amazing. Obviously we'll pay you for fuel etc but shouldn't be as much as the train cost? Tongue

Avoid Arlanda if you can. Can't you land in Gothenburg?
Quote from Edenal:
Quote from Kittycatwinters:

Avoid Arlanda if you can. Can't you land in Gothenburg?

Why avoid Arlanda? A bit late to tell me that now as we booked our flights the other day XD I guess we could get another plane from Arlanda to Gothenburg if it works out cheaper than the train and if we can get a lift from there?
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-05-24 12:46:58 pm
Hockey enthusiast
When I checked prices for trains they are not even close to what you are describing. They are more like 75£ per person for a 2-way ticket. Might have changed tho? Can you give me some examples?
Trains from Arlanda are generally more expensive and it's further away from your final destination which really is the main reason.

If you are looking to ride with someone there are very few guys coming from the north.

Arlanda is by no means bad. But Gothenburg is closer and there are several others going form that city.
Wow really? Where are you looking? I go on sj.se type in Arlanda and Skovde on 14th and 24th and it works out around £110 per person for a return. I wish I was getting that price!

I think we could get a plane from Arlanda to Gothenburg for around £40-£60 each so if there's anyone who can give us a lift from Gothenburg then we'll do that. I just though I would ask incase we can't afford trains when the time comes.