page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Ah okay. That's alright then Smiley Thanks for the help and sorry for the questions. I think I'm pretty much sorted now Smiley
Speedrunner
Don't be sorry. It's hard to know these things. Smiley

I were in London this weekend, I was lost pretty much the whole time. :3 But i had a great time.
Yeah it's just it will be my first time abroad and I'm really nervous. I just want to make sure everything works out and we don't get stuck somewhere Tongue

Haha aw! I love London <3
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Geez, that's what happens, if I'm not around, but comments go wild about what I have said or not meant xD
Kitty: No, I don't believe you're dumb. As far as I could tell, you were doing the right things.
Icedpingu needs to be careful, though. The price tags in his imgur-pic only go from Stockholm C to Skövde C. Since, as dxtr pointed out, Arlanda isn't between Skövde and Stockholm, you will need to get to Stockholm (by flight-bus or however) if you book from Stockholm.

If you enter Arlanda C into SJ's travel search and booking form, you will only get trains that actually stop there, so you will be good, if you follow their times. (You need to do that anyway, if you buy a non-rebookable ticket Wink .)

And personally, since I am a train nerd, I would chose to go with a train for the whole journey, i.e. enter Arlanda C and Skövde C into SJ's form, book that, and be happy.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Alko:
And personally, since I am a train nerd, I would chose to go with a train for the whole journey, i.e. enter Arlanda C and Skövde C into SJ's form, book that, and be happy.

Right.
From Arlanda to Stockholm (with SJ Regional) and from Stockholm to Skövde (with the SJ High-speed train). Whole travel time: 2h56min, about 308 SEK.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
I've just made a group convo to keep track of and get contact details of people I'm meeting at Stanstead, if you're not in it and you should be then let me know and I'll add you in. Sorry if I forgot anybody.
Speed is all that matters.
I thought I should drop this in here.

I'll be arriving at Landvetter Airport in Gothenburg around 10:30AM on the 14th and will then take the flightbus to the Gothenburg Train Station, then take the train to Skovde.

If anyone happens to also be arriving around that time in Gothenburg I'd say that meeting up there probably wouldn't be a bad idea, only if you want to, of course. (I'd be willed to wait, too, if you happen to arrive a bit later.)
I took the same journey last year so I already know the area a bit and hopefully shouldn't get lost anywhere.

If anyone happens to be interested let me know and we will try to work something out.
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2013-06-09 05:34:54 pm
Quote from Neviutz:
I thought I should drop this in here.

Good idea.

Everything is booked (flight, train and hotel). Here is our travel plan:

Times are CEST.
Quote from icedpingu:
Times are CEST.

CEDT, I hope?
Quote from Alko:
Quote from icedpingu:
Times are CEST.

CEDT, I hope?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEDT =>
CEDT may refers to:
    Central European Summer Time (CEST)
Quote from Neviutz:
I'll be arriving at Landvetter Airport in Gothenburg around 10:30AM on the 14th and will then take the flightbus to the Gothenburg Train Station, then take the train to Skovde.

If anyone happens to also be arriving around that time in Gothenburg I'd say that meeting up there probably wouldn't be a bad idea, only if you want to, of course. (I'd be willed to wait, too, if you happen to arrive a bit later.)

I'll tag along! Nothing booked yet but I'd like to do that soon so I can save me some money on the trip.

Does taking the 2pm train sound good to you? Or is that too early?
Quote from ozzy88:
Quote from Neviutz:

I'll tag along! Nothing booked yet but I'd like to do that soon so I can save me some money on the trip.

Does taking the 2pm train sound good to you? Or is that too early?

Sure, that's fine with me.

Do you plan on booking the train tickets already or are we just gonna do it like last year and buy them at the train station?
The prices didn't seem to vary so if possible I'd prefer to do that again, in the case of something happening and we'd miss the 2PM train, hehe.
Edit history:
ozzy88: 2013-06-11 07:22:09 am
I'd like to book. That one train at 2pm cost less then half compared to the other trains leaving the station around that time. Sure it's not a lot of money but why should I waste it?

For example, I'd get 3 meals in Skövde for what I save from booking that one.

Also, last year I had booked the train and you guys bought overpriced tickets :3

EDIT:

Next train for the same price is 4PM
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Weeeell the trains were also like £10 last year, right? xD
Quote from ozzy88:
I'd like to book. That one train at 2pm cost less then half compared to the other trains leaving the station around that time. Sure it's not a lot of money but why should I waste it?

Also, last year I had booked the train and you guys bought overpriced tickets :3

EDIT:

Oh, okay. I forgot that you actually had them booked already.

But yea, 2PM sounds fine to me. That's more than enough time for me to eat and stuff when I arrive at the train station.

Anyways, I'd say we wait at least a couple of days or a week before booking the train tickets. You know, in the case of someone actually happening to join us but arriving shortly after 2PM or something like that.
MISHKIN4LIFE
Anyone travelling from Jonkoping to Skovde on Setup day by train? Smiley
Me and Pete by the looks of things. We'll be passing through there on our way from Nässjö.
Quote from Neviutz:
Quote from ozzy88:

EDIT:

Oh, okay. I forgot that you actually had them booked already.

But yea, 2PM sounds fine to me. That's more than enough time for me to eat and stuff when I arrive at the train station.

Anyways, I'd say we wait at least a couple of days or a week before booking the train tickets. You know, in the case of someone actually happening to join us but arriving shortly after 2PM or something like that.

Excellent! I will wait until the end of next week with booking.

The big question is, what will we do on the train without munchkins!? Shocked
Edit history:
Kotti: 2013-06-12 02:28:24 pm
Arriving:
8:00 on the 14th, Arlanda

Departing:
8:40 on the 24th, Arlanda

If anyone is traveling between Stockholm and Skövde around those times let me know. If not, I'll just see what happens and take a random train to/from Skövde.
Edit history:
eisesmit: 2013-06-12 02:32:28 pm
MISHKIN4LIFE
Quote from Alko:
Me and Pete by the looks of things. We'll be passing through there on our way from Nässjö.

Thats awesome. I am hopping on in Jonkoping, when does your train depart from Jonkoping? Would be cool if I could hop on the train with you guys. (if thats cool, otherwise I just book now)
We should be on the train that leaves Nässjö at 21:18. If I typed it into SJ.se correctly, it'll be in Jönköping C at ~21:49 and in Skövde at 23:08.
Since you seem to be from the area: The cheapest tickets we can get our hands on for Västtrafik are those that you buy on- board, right?
Edit history:
eisesmit: 2013-06-12 03:01:13 pm
MISHKIN4LIFE
Well, I usually just use a prepaid card which I prebought, but I assume you guys paid the whole fair in your ticket? I am not sure where you guys are coming from.

I am booking my tickets on sj.se. I had planned to travel a little earlier on the day. Do you guys think you need help or?
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-06-24 09:22:11 am
Bumping for my old post

Just reminding everyone that June is drawing to a closure, and if anybody else wants to exchange Euros into Krones without resorting to airport exchange booths or fee-charging banks, this week is your chance to contact me.

See the original content of the exchange offer post inside the spoiler tags.
Quote from Alko:
(Re-) Introducing Alko's Euro to Krones exchange booth.
I'm sure many of you are facing the problem, that you pay in Euros at home, and are forced to use Krones in Skövde. Like last year, I am offering to exchange that money for you. The procedure is deadly simple: You PM me asking for money, we meet at the beginning of ESA, you hand me your Euros and get your Krones Wink
So why would you do this? Because I have a wonderful bank that will give me foreign money for the best exchange rates available on the free market, without any hidden fees or anything. Unless the price of Krones plummets between me visiting that bank and arriving in Skövde, it'll probably not be cheaper to get them anywhere else.
Please observe the deadline: Post that PM by the 30th of June. Just so I can organise the rest Wink
Please also note that I only accept Euros and only deal Krones.

Edit: Eisesmit, sorry for not replying, I didn't even see your post for some reason o.o'
We're constrained to that train because of the need to travel from Germany. Since I managed to do it last year, we won't need any help (and by the time the train is in Jönköping, if we had needed any help, it would have been way too late xD).
We couldn't buy a through ticket to Skövde, because the German railway doesn't sell it for whatever reason. They sell through tickets to Nässjö, though, and last year I bought the ticket Nässjö–Skövde at the SJ person in Nässjö station. When buying the return in Skövde, the nice lady told me, that it would be cheaper to buy on-train. I decided to buy the ticket while I had a competent person in front of me, though ^^'
Nev, I am booking my tickets for the 2PM train from Gothenburg to Skövde soon. Nobody else responded so I suppose it's just you and me this time.
Quote from ozzy88:
Nev, I am booking my tickets for the 2PM train from Gothenburg to Skövde soon. Nobody else responded so I suppose it's just you and me this time.

Okay, I will book mine soon, too.