page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 ... 9, 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Heyo! If anyone is traveling by car from Uppsala or Stockholm and have an extra room for me let me know! Will chip in on the gas and we'll work out the dates and such! Smiley
Answer preferably soon or I will buy train tickets instead! Smiley
Quote from Neviutz:
Quote from ozzy88:
Nev, I am booking my tickets for the 2PM train from Gothenburg to Skövde soon. Nobody else responded so I suppose it's just you and me this time.

Okay, I will book mine soon, too.

I'll be taking the same train. 2PM is fine for me!
I get to be all nervous and meet new people even before ESA, awesome!

Looking forward to meeting you Bangerra. I think we spoke about meeting up in Gothenburg before leaving for ESA, if I remember correctly please shoot me a PM if you want to talk details and get some sort of plan.
Not sure where to ask this but to save space we're not going to be taking a duvet or pillows with us. I was told about Jysk on the outskirts of Skovde and I'm wondering if anyone who has a car could give us a lift there and back? We would give you fuel money which could be agreed upon if this is required. Unless there are buses in Skovde and one we can get from the House of Culture to near Jysk? Another idea is if someone could go to Jysk for us before we arrive and buy the duvet and pillows then when we arrive we pay you back. We would just need one king sized duvet and either 2 or 4 pillows. We will bring sheets.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Kittycatwinters:
Not sure where to ask this but to save space we're not going to be taking a duvet or pillows with us. I was told about Jysk on the outskirts of Skovde and I'm wondering if anyone who has a car could give us a lift there and back? We would give you fuel money which could be agreed upon if this is required. Unless there are buses in Skovde and one we can get from the House of Culture to near Jysk? Another idea is if someone could go to Jysk for us before we arrive and buy the duvet and pillows then when we arrive we pay you back. We would just need one king sized duvet and either 2 or 4 pillows. We will bring sheets.

I'll drive you. Just remind me when you arrive!
Quote from Edenal:
Quote from Kittycatwinters:

I'll drive you. Just remind me when you arrive!

Thank you Edenal that's very nice of you! Cheesy
We should arrive around 6pm on Sunday 14th but I'm not sure when Jysk will close so we might be without a duvet and pillows for the first night so might need the lift the next day?
Hey guys! Just as Zwajken I am traveling from Uppsala and would love a ride! Please let me know if there is a seat open, would be so much better than expensive train! ^^
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Alko:
Bumping for my old post

Just reminding everyone that June is drawing to a closure, and if anybody else wants to exchange Euros into Krones without resorting to airport exchange booths or fee-charging banks, this week is your chance to contact me.

See the original content of the exchange offer post inside the spoiler tags.
Quote from Alko:
(Re-) Introducing Alko's Euro to Krones exchange booth.
I'm sure many of you are facing the problem, that you pay in Euros at home, and are forced to use Krones in Skövde. Like last year, I am offering to exchange that money for you. The procedure is deadly simple: You PM me asking for money, we meet at the beginning of ESA, you hand me your Euros and get your Krones Wink
So why would you do this? Because I have a wonderful bank that will give me foreign money for the best exchange rates available on the free market, without any hidden fees or anything. Unless the price of Krones plummets between me visiting that bank and arriving in Skövde, it'll probably not be cheaper to get them anywhere else.
Please observe the deadline: Post that PM by the 30th of June. Just so I can organise the rest Wink
Please also note that I only accept Euros and only deal Krones.

Man, I totally forgot to ask you about that, I guess it is too late now?

Another question: How much money do you need for food (9-10 days)? Is it expensive like the alcohol?
Quote from icedpingu:
Another question: How much money do you need for food (9-10 days)? Is it expensive like the alcohol?

Depends on what you wanna eat! If you love the swedish meatballs, 1kg "scans kötbullar" cost around 40sek. And it cointains around 78-80 meatballs. Then you only need some pasta, 1kg macaroni is around 15sek. Then its the ketchup, and a heinz 1kg ketchup costs around 22-25sek.

So, you could only eat meatballs and pasta for 9-10 days. It works great, trust me!
I will arrive at Skövde train station on Monday, July 15, at 9:38 am. I would appreciate if someone came and showed me the way.
Just wondering if anyone will be in Stockholm on Sunday 14th? If so is it possible to grab a lift to Skövde? There would be 2 of us and we would have: 2 suitcases (one pretty big), a medium box and two laptops. I'm considering options other than the train which at the moment stands at £65 each and I'm hoping if there's someone who can drive us which would be cheaper.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Oh Lord, Icedpingu, I'd phoned my bank about one hour before you posted ^^' I can't guarantee anything now, but I can still try asking for more if you give me a value in Euros as soon as possible.
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2013-07-03 04:51:16 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Dombido:
Depends on what you wanna eat! If you love the swedish meatballs, 1kg "scans kötbullar" cost around 40sek. And it cointains around 78-80 meatballs. Then you only need some pasta, 1kg macaroni is around 15sek. Then its the ketchup, and a heinz 1kg ketchup costs around 22-25sek.

So, you could only eat meatballs and pasta for 9-10 days. It works great, trust me!

Thanks for the idea, but I want a little bit more variety xD

Quote from Alko:
Oh Lord, Icedpingu, I'd phoned my bank about one hour before you posted ^^' I can't guarantee anything now, but I can still try asking for more if you give me a value in Euros as soon as possible.

Depends how much money I need for food for the entire 9 days XD.
I have breakfast at the hotel included, so I need only money for the lunch. 100-200€?
I might be in Stockholm around 13-14th July, would be great if I could get a lift from there. I can pay as long as it's not more expensive than taking the train. I won''t have much stuff with me, just 1 bag most likely.
Quote from Pottoww:
I will arrive at Skövde train station on Monday, July 15, at 9:38 am. I would appreciate if someone came and showed me the way.

Thanks for letting us know, I will however make a thread with vital information for all attending ESA this year. That thread will also include me asking that everyone who wants to have somebody meet them upon arrival tell us so using the format asked for. So if you could repeat that in that thread that would be great.

I hope I have the new thread ready today.

I will use that thread to make a list the day before I leave for ESA and take care of this part myself. =)
Quote from Pottoww:

I would  say that it's impossible to get lost on the way as you can clearly see the house of culture from the train station windows but then again, last year I did walk all the way to Willy's and back before looking out said windows and realizing that I'm an idiot. At least I didn't have trouble finding the pizza place later Tongue .
Alright, thread is up! https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/european_speedster_assembly_2013__important_information_for_all_attending.html

All who want me or someone I find trustworthy to greet you at the train station, post in that thread!
Speedrunner
1 spot got open now in my car.

Anyone interested, let me know.

Driving from Stockholm this coming sunday at 12am, leaving 23rd. I will stay for the whole event
Quote from dxtr:
1 spot got open now in my car.

Anyone interested, let me know.

Driving from Stockholm this coming sunday at 12am, leaving 23rd. I will stay for the whole event

By 12am do you mean mid day? Gutted you only have 1 space as Joshimuz and I could do with a ride Sad
Speedrunner
Yea somewhere around 12am-1pm. Mid day!

Depending on your gear, how much you bring. I could fit both of you :3
Quote from dxtr:
Yea somewhere around 12am-1pm. Mid day!

Depending on your gear, how much you bring. I could fit both of you :3

How big is your car? Because I have quite a big suitcase that a family friend has lent me plus we'll have another suitcase for Josh then two laptops, a medium box and my normal handbag. Bit worried we might not fit. I could get approx measurements if it helps. If you could fit us though that would be amazing! How much would you charge?
Speedrunner
I have a Volvo V60. So it has some space.

We will make it work. Ill try to pack as slim as i can.

Free of charge, maybe buy me some food on the way. :3
Wow nice car! Actually yours or rented?

We could put the box and laptops between our legs and on our laps if need be.

Are you sure?! We'll definitely buy you food on the journey Cheesy

How long do you think it would take and will there be stops? Smiley
Speedrunner
I lease it through work. Smiley

I hope to arrive somewhere around 5-6pm. But we can ofc do some bathroom/food stops on the way.

As long as i get some food im good. Cheesy
Ah I see that's cool. As I said, very nice car. Smiley

That's fine. We arrive at Arlanda around 11:20 and planned to get a train sometime around 1pm from Stockholm anyway.
But this ride will save us £60-£80 EACH so we are so super grateful. We honestly don't mind paying a bit for fuel if you need it though!

That's good because I do get travel sick. I don't vomit so don't worry! I just get a bit of a headache so as long as it will be okay to have a window open and stop at least once or twice then its fine :') Of course we'll buy you food. Its the least we can do for this huge favour you're doing for us. What food do you like? Smiley

Also you said you're staying the whole event and leaving on the 23rd? Will you be going back to Stockholm?
If so when? We could do with the return ride if possible Grin