page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Precursor
Quote from charleon:
Hey Kennyman! we met during RSM (if you've forgotten already :D), was standing with Ozzy.

I'm interested in one of those spots, question is how much luggage can be brought with me? probably will ahve like a gym bag with console + clothes and necessities and a sleepingbag + pillow

Should be no problems. Inviting you to our private travel planning thread.
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-05-24 03:50:01 pm
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Kittycatwinters:
Wow really? Where are you looking? I go on sj.se type in Arlanda and Skovde on 14th and 24th and it works out around £110 per person for a return. I wish I was getting that price!

I think we could get a plane from Arlanda to Gothenburg for around £40-£60 each so if there's anyone who can give us a lift from Gothenburg then we'll do that. I just though I would ask incase we can't afford trains when the time comes.

I just tried to get that, and I noticed: Untick the 'use high-speed trains' option, and prices plummet to half of what they were before. Didn't calculate the price in pounds, though.
Quote from Alko:
Wow really? Where are you looking? I go on sj.se type in Arlanda and Skovde on 14th and 24th and it works out around £110 per person for a return. I wish I was getting that price!

I think we could get a plane from Arlanda to Gothenburg for around £40-£60 each so if there's anyone who can give us a lift from Gothenburg then we'll do that. I just though I would ask incase we can't afford trains when the time comes.

I just tried to get that, and I noticed: Untick the 'use high-speed trains' option, and prices plummet to half of what they were before. Didn't calculate the price in pounds, though.

OMG Thank you! That's a huge difference! Our tickets would be £60 each. Thanks so much!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just wondering if anyone is travelling to Arlanda Stockholm? Trains are around £100-£150 PER PERSON and I'm worried Joshimuz and myself won't be able to afford it. If anyone is in the area anytime from midday on Sunday 14th and can drive us to Skovde that would be amazing. Obviously we'll pay you for fuel etc but shouldn't be as much as the train cost? Tongue

As I said earlier in this thread:
We are also traveling to Stockholm Arlanda, because there are no non-stop flights to Gothenburg (9h-13h with one stop) and it is much cheaper for us (Vienna <=> Stockholm, 2h10min flight, around 200€ for each person).
After that we are taking the train at "Stockholm C" to "Skövde C" (3h8min), it costs around 120 SEK (~14€) for each person. You have to be careful which tickets you are chosing. There are 3 price categories "Non-rebookable, Rebookable and Refundable" - the first option is the cheapest one.
Quote from icedpingu:
Just wondering if anyone is travelling to Arlanda Stockholm? Trains are around £100-£150 PER PERSON and I'm worried Joshimuz and myself won't be able to afford it. If anyone is in the area anytime from midday on Sunday 14th and can drive us to Skovde that would be amazing. Obviously we'll pay you for fuel etc but shouldn't be as much as the train cost? Tongue

We are also traveling to Stockholm Arlanda, because there are no non-stop flights to Gothenburg (9h-13h with one stop) and it is much cheaper for us (Vienna <=> Stockholm, 2h10min flight, around 200€ for each person).
After that we are taking the train at "Stockholm C" to "Skövde C" (3h8min), it costs around 120 SEK (~14€) for each person. You have to be careful which tickets you are chosing. There are 3 price categories "Non-rebookable, Rebookable and Refundable" - the first option is the cheapest one.

I did what Alko told me and I found them cheaper than what I originally had which is great but how have you found a train for 120 SEK?! What am I doing wrong here? Sad
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from icedpingu:

I did what Alko told me and I found them cheaper than what I originally had which is great but how have you found a train for 120 SEK?! What am I doing wrong here? Sad

http://i.imgur.com/iH4s1dp.png
It really depends, what time you are taking the train and as someone said in this thread (I couldn't remember who it was), wait one month before the travel starts and the tickets will be much cheaper.
Hockey enthusiast
Not all trains stops at Arlanda. Make sure the ones you book do.

Otherwise take the flightbuss to Stockholm first.
Oh wow I wish it was that price for me. We arrive at Arlanda at 11:20am on Sunday so anytime from there. Our return flight is at 20:50pm so we need to be there around 5pm. Ah right so it does get cheaper towards the time? Would you suggest booking it on the website or just get tickets in person when we arrive?
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Beware. Arlanda is outside of Stockholm, so if you book train tickets from Stockholm, remember, you need to get from Arlanda to Stockholm, which will cost you extra money. Arlanda is so far out of Stockholm that there is an Arlanda Express going as a high-speed train between the two.
Also, Arlanda is on the wrong side of Stockholm when compared to Skövde (unless my sense of direction broke completely).

Edenal, there is a flight bus from Stockholm to Arlanda? What does that cost?
What do you mean? I can just select Arlanda C and then Skovde C. If it wasn't possible to go from Arlanda to Skovde then why would it give me the option? Or are you saying I can but it changes at Stockholm?
Hockey enthusiast
What I ment was this:
If you book your train from Stockholm to Skövde. It's not certain that it will stop at Arlanda. Since all trains do not stop there to pick up passengers. However, if you book from Arlanda you are all good. Sorry I wasn't totally clear about that.
Oh. You mean don't book tickets TO Arlanda because they might not go there? Well that doesn't make sense either because if you select Arlanda and it provided options and fares then surely it goes there? But fair enough, it's fine because obviously we're going from Arlanda airport to Skovde.
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-05-26 10:25:06 am
dxtr: 2013-05-26 10:23:09 am
dxtr: 2013-05-26 10:18:41 am
Speedrunner
All trains from Arlanda goes through Stockholm City.

So if you book a ticket directly from Stockholm to Skövde, you will have to pay an extra ticket upfront on Arlanda Airport to Stockholm.

Arlanda isnt between Stockhom and Skövde.

A flight bus between Arlanda and Stockholm costs 99 SEK (takes about 30min)
Express Arlanda Train 260 SEK (15-20min)
Taxi around 350-400 SEK (10-20min) (rush hours=30-40min) (jammed traffic=1hour)

Flight buses can be abit crowded, sometimes full! But they go pretty often.
I really don't understand any of this and you're all going to think I'm stupid.

I don't understand how any of you have got those prices because I don't get anything like that.
Are those options and prices from Arlanda to Stockholm? Surely not Arlanda to Skovde?
When I look up tickets from Arlanda to Skovde it says its 700SEK.

Also would it be best to book train tickets online (via sj.se) or can we get them in person at the station itself?
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-05-26 01:59:52 pm
dxtr: 2013-05-26 01:59:20 pm
dxtr: 2013-05-26 01:55:30 pm
Speedrunner
The prices change every day. Mostly they get more expensive every day since tickets are getting sold out.

If I were you, I would:

1. book a train from Stockholm to Skovde. ~3-400SEK
2. Take the flight bus to Stockholm from Arlanda for 99 SEK

The most convenient would be taking the train directly from Arlanda to Skovde. But its abit more expensive.

Edit: Worst case scenario. I will drive you guys. But the car will be full as a stuffed turkey on thanksgiving with pickles on the side. Since im driving there on May 14
Okay so we have two options?

1. Get the train from Arlanda to Skovde - but it seems to have one change which I imagine is at Stockholm.
2. Get a bus from Arlanda to Stockholm and then train to Skovde.

Where can I look at bus times and prices?

Haha! I can imagine. It's alright I'm sure we'll sort something out. But thanks for the offer, I don't want us being a pain for anyone.
Speedrunner
http://www.flygbussarna.se/en/arlanda

There we go! :3
Thanks! You guys are so helpful :3 I'm assuming I select "Arlanda–Stockholmsmässan"?
Speedrunner
No! Cityterminalen!

Its dumb that it doesnt say Stockholm City. But its Cityterminalen
Oh right... That's strange. What's different between "City" and "Stockholm"? XD

From what I understand its 79SEK fixed price?
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-05-26 02:14:48 pm
dxtr: 2013-05-26 02:14:28 pm
Speedrunner
Yes! Its only a Single ticket though. Not a return ticket. But you can buy that later. And the ticket is valid for like 3 months after the purchase, since you dont choose which date you are gonna travel. So you are not in a hurry to buy it now.
Oh wow that's good then. 79SEK is basically £8 which is amazing. So we could just jump on a bus after arriving at the airport? Where exactly does it drop us off? Near the train station?
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-05-26 02:20:10 pm
dxtr: 2013-05-26 02:18:32 pm
Speedrunner
Yea, the trainstation is like 3-4minute walking within the same building

Edit: Try to book your train like 3-4 hours after your arrival just in case of delays from bus, flight, traffic etc. Hopefully there wont be any delays, but better be safe.

Edit2: And yes, take the first flight bus available! Just ask information and they will guide you where it departures from.
Yeah of course. We arrive around 11:20am I've been looking at times from 1-2pm onwards. How long does the bus take to go to Stockholm?
Speedrunner
About 30-40 minutes if the traffic is good. In your case, yes. Its sunday, lunch time. Everyone is hangover, no one is driving etc.

I will be shutting off now. Ill try to answer your further questions (if any? Smiley ) tomorrow.