--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hockey enthusiast
Does that car have a tow hitch?
Precursor
It does, it's my parents' Volvo V70 Crosscountry and I've driven it with a trailer attached on multiple occasions in the past.
In regards to the small room for privacy from the bigger rooms would we be asked to pay more? Also when would we pay for the entry to ESA and the sleeping area? When we get there?
meh
No you won't have to pay more. Just be ready to share the room with a few others that might want to.
About the payment I will just quote Edenal "Everyone pays in advance. Bank-transfer / Paypal preferred. Cash will do if you can give it to someone in Skövde. More information will be posted later together with the sign-up / payment topic."
Hockey enthusiast
I would like to add/make it clear that the smaller room should first hand be reserved for females wanting privacy. Not couples wanting a place to become intimite. Smiley

There are two sides to the sleeping solution we have at ESA. It's very cheap but the trade off is not having total privacy. We feel that given the options, it's better for those who require privacy to stay off site where there are plenty of alternatives.

The closest hostel is 250 SEK / Night for 1 person. ( http://www.skovdevandrarhem.se/skovdehostel.htm )
There is also another hostel ( http://www.billingensstugby.se/index1.htm )
Quote from DRsynj:
I don't know if it's worth making official yet because it's so early but a couple of Brits and I are planning to meet at Stanstead airport again to take Ryanair to Gothenburg, we'll then meet at Gothenburg Central Station with a German and potentially a Swede or 2. If anyone's interested to join us and we'll make it a party then let me know, I might even make a thread later. If not then you can count me as worth consulting for travel from the UK to Skovde ^^

I'll be heading over from the UK and it would be great to meet up with some people on the way, count me in.
Quote:
I would like to add/make it clear that the smaller room should first hand be reserved for females wanting privacy. Not couples wanting a place to become intimite.

Oh. I would like to say that my intention of having the small private room would not be for intimacy with my boyfriend although it may seem that way. I would not be comfortable being anything like that anywhere in the sleeping area neither would he. It's purely for the fact I'm a girl and would like privacy from others considering about 90% of those going will be guys. But I wouldn't really like to sleep in the room on my own therefore hence why I'd want my boyfriend with me. Do you know if or how many girls are going? So far from reading this thread I think girls going are those with boyfriends who also would want privacy so could the room not just be available to couples? Although if there are single girls going who would like to share the room and are comfortable doing so then they're more than welcome of course Smiley I would love to stay at a hostel or hotel but I doubt we can afford it Sad I'll look into it though if both my boyfriend and I sharing the room is completely out of the question.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from KittyCat:
Although if there are single girls going who would like to share the room and are comfortable doing so then they're more than welcome of course Smiley

Last year there were 3 females attending. I assume at least 2 of them are going this year.
But we will of course make arrangements for all females to have a room separated from the males.

We will have to draw the line at gender. It's not certain other females coming alone are comfortable sharing a room a couple/couples. That's the best we can do. Otherwise others could feel discriminated.
So its a no for sharing the room? Are there any other rooms or areas that are more private than others?
I may have found a hostel and a hotel which I've both contacted so might do that depending on the price.
Hockey enthusiast
Definate no for a private room for a couple.

Definate yes for a private (sleeping) room for female attendants.

You have to put this all in perspective of what you are asking. We have 6-8 rooms in total and they will cover all our needs. Stream-HQ, practice rooms, social gaming rooms. I hope you understand.
That's alright I understand I was just making sure I was understanding it as a no Smiley
I wouldn't mind sharing with other girls but it would just be weird being separated from my boyfriend for the whole event. (of course we'd see each other at the event and during the day but it would be weird knowing he's there but we can't go to sleep together).
Sorry if I sound annoying or selfish about this whole thing, I do totally understand and respect. Its fine Smiley
I'm thinking of staying at one of the hostels you linked in a previous post as it looks good. I've never stayed at a hostel before though so don't fully understand how they work but waiting for an email reply from them Smiley
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
If you want to go cheap I know of a couple of camp sites where you can buy nights in cabins, Cyprys' family stayed there last ESA (I believe) so if you're interested I'll ask him to remind me of what they were.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Well, it might have been mentioned before, but no-one's going to stop you looking for a more secluded-type of corner in the main (i.e. not female-exclusive) sleeping room or in the big stage room that Damnitman and Nev slept in next time. I think the argument of other females really not being comfortable with sleeping while any male is in the closer vicinity is stronger than that of a couple, as Edenal put it before Wink

Also, unless something major's changed, the sleeping rooms will be pretty dim lit even during daytimes; and there's the little other storage room in the corner to temporarily disappear inside to change, so there wouldn't be many stray eyes to care about. But I do understand that that's not an option for some ^^
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Basically the sleeping arrangements all depend on what you're comfortable with and I can only speak from personal experience but the guys who went last year were both trusting and trustworthy.  I left things all over the place and nobody disturbed me or was otherwise weird (watching or anything) while I was asleep.  Obviously it's a different context if you are a bloke and don't really care anyway but the point is that you should be able to find somewhere secluded and private-ish to sleep together undisturbed even in the Kulturhaus communal areas.

Unless your RL name is Dylan and you are sleeping on an easy-to-carry blowup mattress during the last day of the marathon... Roll Eyes
I'm not overly bothered on my belongings its just general privacy due to being a girl etc - changing, being in PJs, straightening hair etc. Tongue
I'm sure I'll be fine as we'll either stay at the sleeping area and find our own little corner or get a local hostel as found a good one.

Quote:
Unless your RL name is Dylan and you are sleeping on an easy-to-carry blowup mattress during the last day of the marathon...

This sounds like a hidden story from experience? Or a joke I'm not getting? Tongue I can assure you my name is not Dylan and if we do stay at the sleeping area we will bring a blow up mattress but we'll be there all week not just on the last day of the marathon Tongue
Oh man! I must have missed Dylan getting carried!? ;_;
Edit history:
RoboSparkle: 2013-03-12 03:04:14 pm
RoboSparkle: 2013-03-12 03:00:48 pm
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Quote from KittyCat:
just general privacy due to being a girl etc - changing, being in PJs, straightening hair etc. Tongue

Oh we won't mind you doing that in public...  But fyi there are areas you can guarantee privacy for changing and girl stuff, whether using the (lockable) bathroom, shower room, dressing room near the ballroom, etc.

Quote from KittyCat:
This sounds like a hidden story from experience? Or a joke I'm not getting? Tongue I can assure you my name is not Dylan and if we do stay at the sleeping area we will bring a blow up mattress but we'll be there all week not just on the last day of the marathon Tongue

So that's a no on the carrying you places while you're asleep?  Fair enough.

Quote from ozzy88:
Oh man! I must have missed Dylan getting carried!? ;_;
Yeah you suck.  Me and Jinny were staring at him for HOURS waiting for you to turn up and you never did! Tongue
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Quote from RoboSparkle:
Yeah you suck.  Me and Jinny were staring at him for HOURS waiting for you to turn up and you never did! Tongue

OK now this is getting weird
Precursor
I think the best thing to say about that private sleeping section is that primarily, we intend to keep it as a room for females that might want privacy, and from there, those who would sleep in there can among themselves decide if they would all be okay with someone also having their boyfriend there during the actual sleeping part. If even one of them would not be okay with it, then we have to maintain it being girls only.

But yeah, there's a bunch of little nooks and crannies in that building where you could find yourself some privacy.
Quote:
Oh we won't mind you doing that in public...  But fyi there are areas you can guarantee privacy for changing and girl stuff, whether using the (lockable) bathroom, shower room, dressing room near the ballroom, etc.

I'm sure you guys wouldn't... >.> Tongue oh right fair enough. I was about to ask about bathrooms and showers etc - are they separate or shared?

Quote:
So that's a no on the carrying you places while you're asleep?  Fair enough.

Haha what?! I don't think I even want to know. But no.. as intrigued as I am, no carrying Tongue Not like anyone could anyway xD

Quote:
those who would sleep in there can among themselves decide if they would all be okay with someone also having their boyfriend there during the actual sleeping part. If even one of them would not be okay with it, then we have to maintain it being girls only.

Ah that sounds fair enough Smiley If other girls in the room don't mind and therefore I can have my boyfriend in the room with me then that's great but if not then it's not a problem. From the sounds of things there seems to be a few private-y places available plus like I've said I've found a hostel that I'm interested in. Just a bit nervous as I've never used one before and not 100% sure how they work.

To be honest though I think I'm just more nervous in general about going abroad and not knowing Swedish :')
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Actually Kenny, was that room girls only last year?  Cos I slept there a couple of times but nobody seemed to mind or inform me of any errors of judgement...

There are separate bathrooms/showers in the building so no need to worry there.  Also don't worry about the lack of Swedish thing either, I got away with it last year and my vocabulary is still about 6 words (all pronounced very badly)
Quote from KittyCat:
no carrying Tongue Not like anyone could anyway xD
Challenge Accepted!
Precursor
idk, I slept in a cold corner of the stage room. I don't think it was girls only because we had like two girls there last year and none of them apparently requested a private sleeping arrangement.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Ah, that was the question I meant to ask, anything we can do about the heating?  Sometimes it was pretty cold in the sleeping areas but if we can get any central heating or space heaters that would be brilliant, otherwise I'll pack my camping thermals for the "night" times.
Precursor
Yeah, the extra blankets I found in one of the dressing rooms seriously saved me. This time around I'll bring my own extra and I feel like I should probably invest in a pair of pajamas that's at least long pants.
Quote:
There are separate bathrooms/showers in the building so no need to worry there.

Ah okay that's cool then. Nothing to worry about there it seems Tongue

Quote:
Also don't worry about the lack of Swedish thing either, I got away with it last year and my vocabulary is still about 6 words (all pronounced very badly)

Haha okay then! I do actually have a Swedish phrasebook/dictionary though so I'll probably try to learn the basics anyway.

Quote:
Challenge Accepted!

Oh god no... you will fail. Tongue

Quote:
Sometimes it was pretty cold in the sleeping areas

Cold? Hmm. Shouldn't be a problem as I can handle and even like cold. I can't handle heat.