Smiley
Sad
page  <- 123456789101112 -> <- 1 .. 3 .. 12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I don't have a way to stream from my actual console, but I have been doing at least 1 Blob run a day. It's short enough and actually feels way more consistent on console than the emulator I used to play.
<(^_^)>
First semi-serious run of MZM 100% - 1:17:35.6 in RTA time, 55:38 in-game time.

I'm using a different route from my PB (sacrificing a few seconds in several spots for more swag), and that time had a big mistake where I almost forgot a power bomb tank due to unfamiliarity with the route. Execution-wise, though, it's turning out all right. I just have to keep doing full runs to keep familiarizing myself with this route. I think my in-game time goal is to consistently cut the SDA time Tongue
Got a new Mega Man record - 19:45
Edit history:
Radman: 2013-10-07 01:10:13 pm
For Fun! For GLORY!!
I finally have a legit run of DuckTales: Remastered on Extreme, just so you all can see what it looks like. Sorry for the dropped frames and bad quality, it's the best I can do with my internet. This is pretty much what the run might look like at AGDQ, being super safe and grabbing all the hearts and lives I can get. Hopefully will be better come marathon time. I can practice all but the last level easy, but Vesuvius is a nightmare because you can't get to it until you've completed the other 5, and there's no saving on Extreme.

http://www.twitch.tv/radman1889/b/468226140
Edit history:
Klaige: 2013-10-07 10:48:26 pm
Once it is up, see the Chicago Speedathon Bloodlines highlight.  The Dictator himself gave the thumbsup and even said the commentary was decent.
Serious note: Marathon run was 31:13 practice went well all weekend.  I'll still be practicing a ton leading up to AGDQ but if i repeat the chicago-thon run i'll be absurdly happy.  it was really strong.
Goatragon!
Had two decent runs in Journey to Silius earlier, 11:29 and 11:25.  I'm currently still using a very risky strategy in stage 3 that I use in my run attempts as I want to see if I can get consistent enough with it to keep in my route, but I have safe strategies that are only slightly slower that I can fall back on.  Stage 4 I'm definitely getting more consistent on.  I'm still not where I want to be there, but I'm getting there.

Here's a link to the 11:25 - http://www.twitch.tv/zakkydraggy/c/3050366
Did both runs yesterday, plutonia clocked in at 40:45, ultimate doom at 28:12

Problem maps stay pretty consistent (E1M3, E1M5, E1M6, E4M1, E4M6)

http://www.twitch.tv/kingdime/c/3051944
Edit history:
Raelcun: 2013-10-08 11:52:47 pm
We require more minerals
I've honestly been slacking off a bit, I'm going to do the last Chrono Cross run I plan on doing before AGDQ later and then begin the grind for real.

I need to get good at the more consistent wallkick method in Mark of the Ninja and then work my way through the sc2 missions one at a time. I have a route and basic plans for marathon safety but I'm going to toss all assumptions out of the window to make sure I'm optimizing the risk/reward for my strategies in a marathon situation. Once I start the grind I'll be aiming for a minimum of four hours a day because if I don't hold myself to that then I know I'll slip.
Obscure games ftw
I've been going through the scenes in my Double Spoiler route a couple at a time until I clear them 5 times in a row, barring those that rely on avoiding terrible luck (there's a few that I need to not get unlucky, but none that I need to get lucky on).  So far I'm about 2.3 of the way through and already developed a few new strats that save a couple seconds each and make the scenes more consistent to clear.  We'll see if I can keep getting 5 in a row clears on the later stages, but having cut out a couple long nuisances is always nice for reliability.  Glad I learned strats for those Okuu scenes, shame it means no more Iku.

Oh and got 9-7, aka the most infamously difficult scene in the game due to sheer randomness, bullet speed and density, reliable enough to go for but not reliable enough to count on.  I won't save time unless I get it within 3 or 4 attempts, but the hype would be so worth it.
We did more Borderlands 2 practice today with more horrendous luck.  Overall these bad runs produced by bad RNG are just proof that we can get consistent sub 3's.  Hopefully get at least one or two more runs this week.

http://www.twitch.tv/teawrex/c/3058958
Visually Appealing
Been getting sub40 in Ducktales Remastered extreme pretty consistently. Haven't been able to stream a whole lot though.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Good to see this thread is still active. I just had one thing to say.

Tminator64: Your run is fine because like what Mike89, you're not playing on a easier difficulty just to bitch out of challenge. The fact that kids difficulty gives you more vfx meter is a huge difference and it makes the run much faster-paced.
HELLO!
http://www.twitch.tv/presjpolk/b/469032030

Inching closer to that WR, while at the same time making a lot fewer mistakes.

I'm making fewer mistakes. My two big ones are still running wrong by pressing the button before moving, and also by moving into the wrong pit.  The more I grind it though the more the route is going to be ingrained in my muscle memory and it'll become natural.

I'm really happy with my progress already.
Keeper of TASBot
I figure that just because I'm making a bot do all the hard work doesn't mean I'm off the hook for posting in the practice thread. Smiley  To that end, I've posted an update of my progress with some good pictures.  The major highlights are that a TASVideos user named true designed a PCB which I ordered up at OSH Park for all of $19.20 for three copies including shipping.  I have the bot soldered up and connected to a Raspberry Pi and I've successfully gotten SMB1 to sync to the end.  The next step is to work on getting the correct version of Gradius to sync with Adelikat's run and to work with true on updated firmware to add support for more platforms and games.

I have bad news for the schedule - my original 30 minute estimate may have been too short.  At this point, I believe the TASBot segment will run about 45 minutes to an hour, in part because of the good representation and attention it's been getting.  I'm aware of at least three TASVideos users who plan on attending, two of which will likely be providing commentary, and the additional bodies and commentary will likely take a bit more time.  I feel this is a good thing in this case, but of course we'll work around whatever schedule restrictions arise.  Thanks again for everyone's support and please feel free to pester me with any questions.  Thanks!

A.C.
Edit history:
VorpalEdge: 2013-10-13 03:37:11 pm
VorpalEdge: 2013-10-13 03:36:43 pm
welcome to the machine
been going for sub-19 meat boy.  will post again when i get it.  had a run last night that entered larry at 15:31 (exo enters at 15:17), but then i got terrible luck and really screwed up the end anyways :<
Balls jerky
I'm mentally filing that OSH Park site away for the future. That's pretty awesome.
I did a Secret of Mana run on Friday that clocked in at 2:13:XX, well under the 2:40 estimate we've marked for the marathon.  Went decent up until the last 30 minutes or so.
Edit history:
tminator64: 2013-10-13 09:59:07 pm
tminator64: 2013-10-13 09:52:49 pm
tminator64: 2013-10-13 09:52:22 pm
Quote from mike89:
Quote from tminator64:
Quote from mike89:
So, I figure this is the best place to put this post... http://communityrouteplanning.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/what-makes-a-great-marathon-run/

See particularly the bit on commentary. Not everyone thinks to practice this!

Good post indeed; however, I will stick to my guns on Kids mode for Viewtiful Joe *thumbs up* Cheesy  At least for now.....

Yeah, Viewtiful Joe is one where playing on Kids actually makes the gameplay faster, right? I think that's an acceptable situation. The main thing I wouldn't want to see is a game like, say, Contra 3, dumbed down to easy to save a minute or two. Nobody wants to see that.

Quote from mikwuyma:
Good to see this thread is still active. I just had one thing to say.

Tminator64: Your run is fine because like what Mike89, you're not playing on a easier difficulty just to bitch out of challenge. The fact that kids difficulty gives you more vfx meter is a huge difference and it makes the run much faster-paced.

Nah, I know what you meant, Mike89. *points smoothly*

And to completely contradict what I just said, Mike U., it's too late.  The feels were felt.  There's no turning back. *also points smoothly* *also winks* *and flexes*

And to stay on topic.  I've been consistently holding under a 29 in-game time, even with atrocious luck.  Still feeling pretty strong. 
http://www.twitch.tv/sol1dus/b/469983120

My first big ALttP grind in awhile.  Set a few new best segments already so looking to improve on 1:28:03 shortly.
Edit history:
WMJ: 2013-10-20 05:51:14 pm
I've been streaming F-Zero X semi regularly now at twitch.tv/wmjspeedruns.

http://www.twitch.tv/wmjspeedruns/c/3115967

Improved one of the EK IL's on SDA yesterday. I've been working on grinding the EK tracks as I think I can improve those IL runs to get my skills better at those.
I've been slacking a little on Bastion practice, but I played it a ton on Sunday offline and got a new PB, 16:37. (The WR is 16:27.) These days I'm able to pretty much finish every run around the 16:40-16:50 range, with pretty high consistency. I'll get the video of my 16:37 uploaded to YT in the next few days.
Edit history:
Raelcun: 2013-10-16 10:34:03 pm
We require more minerals
I've streamed practice the last three days in a row.

I found a crazy glitch that makes zero amounts of sense and have gotten all of the intro missions within a minute of the IL times with marathon safe strategies.

Char is still in a pain in the ass but I've got some safe strategies worked out for it. Marathon safe routing is now 2 worlds out of 7. We're past the worst part, though so the rest should go by quicker.
Cube Throw = OoB
I hadn't played Attack of the Killer Tomatoes in 2 months. My first run after 2 months was a sub 4:50 (4:13 is WR, 10 minute estimate). I'll be practicing more as spookathon approaches, and I can get some vids.
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
I'm doing a lot of mmx any% over the next few weeks so I can have better movement.  I will begin doing mmx 100% and mmx3 100% very shortly.  most of my effort only has to go for mmx 100% as i'm good at x3.

regardless i will still update on times i get in X 100% and X3 100% after i get better movement (within 3 weeks)
Wanted to give an update for Surgeon Simulator 2013, I'm managing to get sub 14's fairly regularly even with some bad luck on stages.  I've also developed some new tricks that would make for some crazy hype donation incentives!  Free Throw competition anyone?