page  <- 123456789101112 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Blechy: 2013-12-04 02:40:50 am
More ninja5os, gettin 23-25 min, feel free to drop estimate to 30.
Edit history:
BossCrab: 2013-12-04 03:43:08 am
BossCrab: 2013-12-04 03:42:53 am
DEEP♂DARK♂FANTASY
Kicked off Cocoron full-scale practice at twitch.tv/bosscrab a couple days ago. Currently going for RTA strats in runs. Meaning risky/dangerous things and I'll be resetting for small mistakes atm since I feel confident with most of the game if I play safely. I've played this game a lot including a bunch of marathons so I'm confident in my overall safe level of play for a marathon setting.

In doing this I'm going to definitively hammer out what is and what isn't viable to go for in runs. I'll probably start doing no-reset runs in a week or so though just to be certain.
11:31.800 Duke Nukem 3D
Not a walrus
Deus Ex has been giving me a lot of technical troubles lately so I'm going to have to make sure to bring a thumb drive with backup saves in case something goes wrong.

Probably the weirdest issue I had was the final story trigger in Hong Kong failing to fire and Tong thinking I still needed to go destroy the UC... not sure what happened there. Even played through the entirety of HK again just to make sure I hadn't missed something and it happened two more times. But when I completely restarted and played through from the beginning it worked fine the first try.

The good news is that I'm getting way more consistent with the back half of the run and the two longer alternate endings wouldn't add more than about 5 minutes unless something goes horribly wrong.
There's a new record in Secret of Mana.  Now let's just hope the co-op comes together just as smoothly.
http://www.twitch.tv/stingerpa/c/3346750
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Got a new score pb of 2721 for Star Fox 64. I also got 2 really strong attempts back to back on Super Punch Out that got killed by bad luck in Special Circuit. The times were 3:07.06 and 3:10.48 in game time (WR is 2:54.05).
Haters gonna hate
Beat my SotN Richter all bosses record by 4 seconds.

http://www.twitch.tv/mecharichter/c/3350082
Claimh Happy
Antichamber with ESC is consistently under 7 minutes. need to learn a couple more tricks in this route (mostly finding reference points). Haven't started grinding NoESC yet but it's also the one I'm more experienced with, overall.
INTJ
I practiced a good chunk of Boshy, but as expected I didn't reach my goal of sub 50 by today.

Other than that, I will start practicing IWBTG:Gaiden a few days before going out to AGDQ. I only need a few hours to be marathon ready for that.

Also, I will try to get the SoM record back from Stinger in the coming week.. Or the week after, we'll see.
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
Got a new pb today in mmx 100% of 36:44 adn the last 5 runs were sub 37.  36:44 is about 13 seconds faster than last year's run
Rank 1 Goatborn
I've been practicing Skyrim and actually doing WR attempts, was 4 seconds off WR in one completed run. Consistently getting 55min or lower
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Probably the weirdest issue I had was the final story trigger in Hong Kong failing to fire and Tong thinking I still needed to go destroy the UC... not sure what happened there. Even played through the entirety of HK again just to make sure I hadn't missed something and it happened two more times. But when I completely restarted and played through from the beginning it worked fine the first try.

Not sure what your problem is exactly, but 2 things you need to watch out for in Hong Kong are:
1. Wait for an info link message from Tong after exiting Chows Apartment before entering the next map
2. YOU need to activate the conversation with Tong in his lab. You need to press use to initiate the convo, if you just run into him, the wrong dialogue will play
Not a walrus
That second one sounds like it might have been what happened, though it's strange that it had never happened before. Next time I practice it and see if that makes it reliably happen one way or the other.
I have been playing a lot of games

Streemerz is at 4:09
Donald Land is at 13:33
Super Metroid is at 45:17 http://www.twitch.tv/garrison_tt/c/3153147
Only Offense Will Survive

New WR in RE4 NG+ Wii
We accidentally rerouted Bastion NG any% this weekend. The new route is a lot more awesome, will be a lot more entertaining, and it's a lot more fun to run. So far I've brought my PB/WR down to 15:54: http://www.twitch.tv/vulajin/c/3370875

I will continue to grind the crap out of this, because I'd really like to get sub-16 during the marathon.
We require more minerals
So, I haven't been practicing Starcraft for the last week or so because of the heavy medications I'm under, and now I'm in the hospital waitin on a procedure. (It's nothing serious, but the pain medications have me completely knocked on my ass) I should be able to get back on the grind in the next week sometime, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to reduce my estimate like I wanted to because of the last minute cut into my practice time. I'm definitely not giving up my slot, I still want to run at AGDQ I'm just unsure how much practice I'm going to be able to get in from now until January.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
One of the reasons why I wasn't posting much this weekend was group DDSoM practice. Our current PB is 23:21. http://www.twitch.tv/mikwuyma/c/3372720 (warning, sound is bad).

I'm gonna get on Power Shovel later this week.
The Dork Knight himself.
Quote from LLCoolDave:

Holy shit dude, I thought you said you had crap execution? thumbsup

i think i can handle caleb.  gotta grind out dat consistancy though.  RACE HYPE
Fighting like a Warrior
One thing is certain: I need to derust Battletoads starting WR attempts next week for pretty damn long sessions
just a quick question on site how will practice be handled?  Is it a first come first serve basis or is it schedule based? 
Quote from zewing:
just a quick question on site how will practice be handled?  Is it a first come first serve basis or is it schedule based? 

I think it works where if your game is sooner then others and you need the practice then you get first dibs. Other then that, get in the practice when you can.
cool.  me and that room gonna be good friends
I got a pb in streemerz any% a few days ago, 4:07. Also getting low 1:30/1:29 or better probably 10 times in the last 2 weeks in ALttP. Both games are looking pretty good.