Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 ... 10, 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Yep.
I'll probably go for Lagarith then. I tried setting up x264vfw, which was the only way I could figure out how to use the recording software which would recognize the codec and let it be an option. But the advice makes it seem like either one works.

Do keep trying to make these, loopy. The DS needs more speedruns.
DS Dictator
One DS run has been produced with Loopy's DS phat mod:

http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/grand_theft_auto_chinatown_wars__june_28th_2012.html

I would make more but I haven't found a reliable way to record longer (Single sitting) runs without technical issues from frame drops to missing audio in-between each split when you combine them via Anri-chan as the raws were recorded from the DS Capture aap.
PM me when they're back in stock. They seem awesome.
<(^_^)>
I'm also interested in a DS capture device. PM me as well when they're back in stock. How much more would it cost (excluding postage) if I send you my ds phat itself, and you mod it yourself? I'm not very confident in modding it myself... <_<
I haven't been charging for installations, you just need to cover the postage.
Edit history:
thieves like us: 2012-07-20 02:49:43 pm
thieves like us: 2012-07-20 02:45:08 pm
thieves like us: 2012-07-20 02:41:41 pm
thieves like us: 2012-07-20 02:41:20 pm
if anyone needs a ds phat to install loopy's capture board in, I've refurbished 2 systems for sale. pm me by next week or they are going up on ebay.

one is all black, the other glossy red/black (like the mario kart limited edition system). both have brand new shells and upper displays in them and each comes with an official ac adapter (100-110v us/jp compatible). pics are available upon request. asking price is $75 per system plus shipping
(I'm not looking to make anything on them, just re-coup my costs)
<(^_^)>
@loopy, ok so once they're back in stock, I just have to send my DS phat to you, and pay for both the postage and the package?
You pay for the capture board + postage to send the DS back.
Still interested in this. Loopy, please PM me as soon as they are back in stock.

Thieves like us, I didn't notice that before, are any of those systems still available?
yes, both systems are still available (I've been too busy with work lately to post them)
I will like to buy one
I will go up to $60-$70 if i need to install it myself just tell me how to buy when possible
would it be possible to add options to resize with nearest neighbor and set screen size like 1x, 2x, etc?
Edit history:
Tranquilite: 2012-08-09 12:04:02 am
A nearest neighbor style of resizing would be very nice – especially for GBA games – because it preserves that awesome pixely goodness.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2012-08-13 05:12:03 pm
<(^_^)>
Aight for the most part, I definitely want to get a DS recording device to eventually record Kirby Canvas Curse (and other DS games in the future), so if you haven't already, would you mind marking me down for when you've got supplies? I'll be willing to pay for both the board and postage both ways.  PM me when you're ready, but take your time! There's no rush Smiley
Yep.
Well, the current firmware records in actual screen size. So you can just make your player window bigger when you're watching it and it works the same way.
Or else reenode it yourself at a higher resolution if you need to.

Anyhow, mine's been working fine and I'm working on my run of TWEWY. But it's incredibly long and requires tons of resetting. It's SOOO much easier to record this way than with a camera.
Edit history:
Ykr1113: 2012-08-17 10:47:42 am
Would this work on any computer? I mean like any, Like really horrible, I'm worrying because I have a horrible outdated graphic card.
The capture app isn't graphically intensive, I doubt your video card will have any affect on performance.  Your cpu speed and what codec you're doing encoding with will probably make the biggest difference.
Edit history:
loopy: 2012-09-04 07:08:41 pm
loopy: 2012-09-04 07:00:09 pm
I've mostly been busy with 3DS stuff, but here's a little news on the DS front.  One major deficiency the capture software has (for both DS and 3DS) is in AVI writing.  To save long AVIs, you have to use some other screen capture software (like Fraps, etc) because of the way I have to split files up which causes skips when stitching files back together.  This sucks, especially for the SDA crowd here who I know are sticklers about that sort of thing for your speedruns, so I've been working on a new version.  There's no size limit any more, and it might give you more options for codecs since it's based around DirectShow now. Some parts still don't work but it's enough for you to play with so here's a beta version if you're interested.  Tada.
<(^_^)>
good stuff! are there any news about the capture device being back in stock?
Edit history:
loopy: 2012-09-07 12:53:10 am
It took longer than expected to get that going, because of 3DS stuff.  They are being made, I don't have an exact date though.  Maybe 3 weeks?  Ballpark guess.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-09-07 05:03:47 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Sorry, but 10 pages is a bit much to read threw and from the few posts I did see on this page I am assuming this is a doable thing. I would like to know if loopy would be willing to update the original post with all the information that some one like me (just got their first DS and is interested in getting an A/V output for it).

Things I would like to know: 1) What models of the DS does this work for? 2) All pricing options (I see a bit of haggling going on) 3) All steps needed to take place to get this done either by you or myself (full set of instruction for myself/info for sending it to you) 4) Anything else that should be known

I have a DS Lite btw
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
1) This works with the DS Phat only unfortunately... they should be cheap to find on ebay though.
2) I got this for about $55 if I remember correctly.
3) http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/DSCapture/install/index.html
Edit history:
loopy: 2012-09-14 11:32:45 am
I'm expecting more boards in by the end of the week.
[edit] Yes, boards are in.
<(^_^)>
Great news! How to order?? Should we just PM you?
Email me instead, it's easier to keep track of.  loopy@mm.st