List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Glitched any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Flip, remind me again just how long this game was in the verification thread for.  It seems very ironic that a game that spent so much time trying to get verifiers is on a run that was about 2-3 minutes long.

Hard to believe that the run can be glitched in such a way as this, where you can pretty much fast forward to the final mission.  With that said, kudos to the runner as the gameplay was pretty flawless.  Easy accept.

P.S. I apoligze to the runner that it too so long to get the verifiers, but at least it is better now than never.

I don't remember, but I bet Greenalink can tell you.

Quote:
My first time verifying and it has to be a weird case like this. I just confirmed that the save glitch does work and I was able to start the final mission from that "new game". Crazy.

Seeing as how the gameplay was great and I noticed no flaws with the video/audio, I see no reason not to accept. I just hope someone does a non-glitched run of this game at some point.

Quote:
This run is pretty comparable to the TAS that came out a few months ago [noembed]([/noembed].  I was waiting for someone to finally come around and record a comparable speedrun, and here it is.

It's kinda hard to time this run manually, considering all of the system imposed wait periods.

0:15: New game made
0:18: Game saved*
0:26: Game loaded
3:29: Final boss killed
3:06 final time, roughly.

*Whatever happened in this 3 seconds is foreign to me, but it theoretically has no impact here.  However, we should have a segment where a new file is started, saved, and forfeited ASAP.  Any cheating or whatever wouldn't matter, since none of that applies to this run, but I feel like there should be another 20 seconds of gameplay here.  Everything points to accept aside from the fact that I think you need to at least bust out of the sinking car before you can save.  Can the verifier address this before I vote?

Quote from same:
Oh, uhh, I accept this run.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jordan 'Greenalink' Greener!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2012-06-28 01:56:33 pm
Greenalink: 2012-06-28 12:19:48 pm
Greenalink: 2012-06-28 12:16:23 pm
DS Dictator
As much as I would like to complain a 2 minute run taking 7 months to get the results. CTW didn't get much attention when it compares to the console/pc GTA games.

Other readers: I would like to know if this save glitch works on the PSP version and the iOS version. Otherwise this glitched any% run seems to be DS exclusive.

@Verifier 3:
When I discovered this glitch back in October 2009, I asked Mikuyama if this glitch would cause the run to be 2 segments (1 just saving the game, 2 the actual gameplay of the run) or just a single sitting like the video you just watched. Mike said it should be 1 long video instead of 2 smaller videos. And the run will be timed with the in-game timer of 2 minutes and 11 seconds.

Quote:
Everything points to accept aside from the fact that I think you need to at least bust out of the sinking car before you can save.  Can the verifier address this before I vote?

Due to the rules of the TAS runs, you are required to start the game as if it was turned on the very first time, like many GTA games, there isn't a typical menu, it just automatically goes to a file that was most recently saved or in the TAS run case (no save files) go to a new game.

After the title screen it goes to the car busting minigame first because you can't go to the menu until the player has escaped from the sinking car.

My run doesn't need to do that since I am starting a new -glitched- game anyway, so the car busting minigame seen at the prologue is not required.

Edit:

I totally forgot to say thank you everyone who verified and special thanks to Loopy for modding my DS phat to make the video quality of this excellent!
Waiting hurts my soul...
Too much to ask for an IL Table? (whatever that means for this game) If that doesn't make sense, then let me know and I'll remove it from the request thread.
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2012-06-29 12:40:57 pm
DS Dictator
There is a mission replay feature to get the lowest in-game time. It features hidden par times to win bronze, silver and gold medals but some of the missions to get a gold medal time is downright tough to obtain, not to mention luck manipulation and trying to throw grenades while driving is awkward input wise. Some of the times are nearly as bad as the Zero Test mode seen on F-Zero GP Legend.

The PSP version will have their own IL table not only because of different input methods for mini games like hot wiring a car and smashing locks but it also has 5 missions exclusive to the PSP and are required to playthrough in a non-glitched Any% (& 100%) run.

In short: It will take a long time to get submittable IL times for this game, so no.