DS Dictator
@ Vuze
3DS related stuff:

http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_264.html

No new news so far.
Visit us!
>>Vuze
Are you the same person as on GBATemp?
If so, I already told you that there's no news until Loopy made something working, it's that simple.
@YamiHoshi.nl: I cannot remember I asked you on GBATemp plus I have another user name there, so... I guess I am not the person you are talking about ^^
But thanks for the heads up.
DS Dictator
This is when I use Lagarith Lossless Codec with default RGB settings.
While raw recording the AVI and Live streaming at the same time onto Twitch.tv via Xsplit.

All thanks to the power of my USB 3.0 External Hard drive.

Visit us!
I've got USB 2.0, and I've got major problems with Super Mario 64 DS, as mentioned earlier.
However, I'll update that sentence, that there's no problem at all while playing Pokémon's Gen IV games.
By far, after making serveral 1 hour video's of Pokémon, only 1 single Frame Drop appeared on just 1 video.
Edit history:
loopy: 2012-02-03 11:12:08 am
This makes no sense to me.  Which game you're playing should make no difference on performance.  Unless it's the codec that's choking on the video data, but that seems unlikely.  It would be easy to find out though.  If there's a particular part of the game with bad lag, stop recording and see if the problem goes away.
Visit us!
And I thought, let me update the YH-NITRO-CAPTURE Micro Site, making more free advertisement for Loopy.
Claimh Happy
Are DS runs expected to use this capture device (or something comparable) from now on?
Removing the AVI size limit turned out to be a bigger endeavor than I expected.  I probably won't get around to fixing it anytime soon now that most of my time is spent on 3DS, so I've updated the software to split files at 2GB instead.
I just wanted to order this device, but now it's "Temporarily not available.".
Yep.  I'll make more, but it will take some time (couple months..?).
I am also very interested in purchasing one. I run tournaments for a lot of games, including Pokemon, and this opens up so many possibilities with recording and streaming them. I sent you an email loopy, hope to hear from you soon.
Howdy!
So hey, I think I'd be interested in purchasing one of these DS Phat capture devices and software by the end of the summer, if there are any more available by then. I'm also a pretty capable software engineer, so if you need some development or maintenance support for the client-side software, I might be able to assist with that.
Yep.
Yeah, I was thinking of buying this, too. I didn't have much money went it first came out, so I waited. I hope you make some more, because this is the only direct-transfer for video of the DS at the moment.
I have a few of them right now, so let me know if you still want one.
Yep.
Um, I do. I was going to get one when this first started, but decided to wait a bit because I didn't have time to do a run immediately.
Where can we get the software to record it? I just got my unit in the mail today.
Website is >> over here <<.
Yep.
I finally got mine. What codec do people usually use for these?
Pretty much all the current runs on SDA are cam-shot ones. I think I remember Greenalink was working on something.
But I haven't done any runs before, and I wanna make sure of this before doing any attempts.
Seems like Lagarith is the go-to lossless codec around here, but I've found x264(lossless) to compress a lot better.
@Loopy

Yeah, but the problem with x264 Lossless is that you need a powerful CPU to capture in real time at 60 frames per second, and it only compress at 4:2:0 color space (or YUV12).
Fucking Weeaboo
Huffy is a good choice for a lossless codec as well.
Not a walrus
x264 lossless is more for archival than capture, yeah.

Lagarith is probably the best capture choice at present, assuming your computer isn't old and dusty.
Hey loopy, are you still willing to install everything if I send you a DS?

If so, PM me the price and address, I would totally like to be able to record off of my phat.
Quote from ButtersBB:
Hey loopy, are you still willing to install everything if I send you a DS?

If so, PM me the price and address, I would totally like to be able to record off of my phat.

Yes, but I'm out of capture boards right now.