Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Sounds cool. Looking forward to seeing that. Would be awesome if it could be applied anywhere.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-09 11:02:57 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-09 08:53:00 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-09 07:57:20 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-09 07:56:46 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-09 07:55:45 am

There are a couple cool things in this video, namely the superjump, some ledges you didn't know you could airwalk on, a clip showing how the airjump skips/delays triggers, a clip that shows a way to abuse ladders attached to ledges, and more.
Some stuff in this video might be useful for 100%. Also I haven't tested if there are instances to skip any small triggers with the airjump yet, which could be useful for any category.

I'm having trouble recreating this, because I haven't recorded it:

Quote:
For example, in Episode 1, after the first ever climbing part of the game, you can skip the trigger that activates the leaper that says something like "Meat stinks".
If you run by him, he just sits there and doesn't move at all.
This doesn't save any time, however it's something that indicates that it might be possible to skip Edge call triggers, fight triggers or any other kind of triggers, if they are small enough in 3d space.

I've done this twice, but I don't exactly recall how.
Random Speedrunner
Looking into picking up this game. Would the PC version be the most optimal for this or can I use my PS3 version for stuff until I get the PC version (trying to hold off until steam sale)?
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-13 11:12:58 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-13 11:12:49 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-13 11:10:50 am
Hey Token, nice to see some more potential runners.

I believe the console version has longer loading times, but most, if not all, of these strats should work on console too. There were reports of minor differences, but I couldn't test them myself yet.
PC should be the fastest way to run this game, but at this point, you can use the PS3 version as well, mostly because the current WR is about 17 minutes away from optimal.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-13 05:59:53 pm
Traivlin: 2015-05-13 05:59:27 pm
I'll probably do a video that shows all the checkpoint reload time saves next, just because I think that they might still be unclear and I haven't used them in a run yet.
Random Speedrunner
Quote from Traivlin:
Hey Token, nice to see some more potential runners.

I believe the console version has longer loading times, but most, if not all, of these strats should work on console too. There were reports of minor differences, but I couldn't test them myself yet.
PC should be the fastest way to run this game, but at this point, you can use the PS3 version as well, mostly because the current WR is about 17 minutes away from optimal.

Alright cool. Just wanted to make sure that I can still practice tricks on PS3 DL version.

Quote from Traivlin:
I'll probably do a video that shows all the checkpoint reload time saves next, just because I think that they might still be unclear and I haven't used them in a run yet.

This would be most helpful. I won't be able to look into the game for a little while but I can at least check this thread for tricks and stuff.
So, umm, if anyone could maybe find a better setup for this skip:

It would be much appreciated, because atm I'm thinking about just not using it at all, because it seems like it might decrease the future runner count even further.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 12:22:46 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 12:21:48 am

Episode 3, swinging pole airwalk improvement, saves about 15 seconds. It's consistent now.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 04:27:37 pm
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 04:27:26 pm
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 04:25:41 pm
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 04:25:27 pm
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 04:25:08 pm
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 02:51:17 pm

This improves the falling platform skip in episode 1. It's more consistent and saves about 15 seconds.
Your first jump should land as close to the edge as possible, because you don't want to lose any height.

P.S.: I just realized that this thumbnail looks like someone got seriously murdered lol.
You okay there, Nilin?
Remember Me is at a 80% discount ($5.99) until May 19th by the way.
twitch.tv/deadrobots
nice improvement on the falling platform skip, we tried for a while to figure it out on the lower platform and couldn't get the checkpoint. We actually thought the trigger for it was the cutscene were you fell down lel.
I have a correction to make. This checkpoint reload

Quote:
In episode 4, when you first use a cell as an elevator, the cell sprays Nilin with water, you'll get a cutscene of the elevator going up, the camera will go back to Nilin and then you'll get a checkpoint, which you can load to skip Nilin saying "This cell... it reminds me of... something really bad".
This saves about 10 seconds minus whatever time it takes you to load a checkpoint, so for me it would save 7 seconds.

doesn't save any time. I don't know why I thought it did, but it definitely doesn't.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 07:50:57 pm
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 07:50:46 pm

This compares all the checkpoint time saves with gameplay footage that doesn't reload.
Hope that helps you understand them better.

All of these save about 40 seconds total.
Nice work Traivlin.
I'm not glitch hunting in this anymore but I still check in now and then.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-15 08:16:36 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-15 08:16:21 am
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 10:57:53 pm
Traivlin: 2015-05-14 10:54:04 pm
Quote from zero shift:
Nice work Traivlin.
I'm not glitch hunting in this anymore but I still check in now and then.

Thanks Smiley
Yeah, I'm not hunting anymore too. Everything I've found is pretty much already posted or recorded weeks ago but not edited.
It's only enough material for like one more video though, so I'm pretty much done too.

Hopefully all of this new stuff was/will be helpful for you people.
I'll probably focus on some other games in a short while though, and do some runs every time the record gets broken.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-15 02:57:51 pm
I have uploaded all of the checkpoint save files to Speedrun.com, so if anyone needs them, you'll find them here (with instructions on how to use them):

http://www.speedrun.com/Remember_Me/resources
twitch.tv/deadrobots
I did discover a better setup for that Chapter 7 oob so I'll try to record that soon. Also thank you again for all of the help breaking this game zero shift and traivlin, yall are way better at it then I'll ever be Tongue
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
Was regretting checking this stuff. Also, hey Token. Cool to see you're interested in running both DONTNOD games... And Sakura Spirit lol
(I might run SS just because my friend is gifting me it on Steam soon, and I still have Hatoful Boyfriend to go :P)
twitch.tv/deadrobots
I realized I never posted the video of the better setup. Wups. I'll probably do it after Scrubathon. Since I plan on taking WR back after then as well ;P
Since Traivlin and Zero Shift have stopped glitch hunting, guess I may as well try. There's got to be tons more of skips in the game, even if it requires an entirely new glitch mechanic
<wink wink> Traivlin
lol
So these are the Kid Xmas cutscene glitches-
Man, that rhymes really smoothly.
I wonder if I did a little special thing in the video because of such smoothness?

I hope you like it
Also I believe this will be my last Remember Me related video for a while sadface Sad
lol nice
I will always prefer Manifest's cutscene glitch after the Charles Remix. He simply rotated both analogue sticks and then Nilin looked like a deformed human with no bones. I can't find the VOD though, so I'm guessing it was deleted?
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-06-07 02:54:48 pm
Traivlin: 2015-06-07 07:40:58 am
Traivlin: 2015-06-07 07:32:43 am
Traivlin: 2015-06-07 07:32:40 am
Traivlin: 2015-06-07 07:32:39 am
Traivlin: 2015-06-07 07:32:21 am
Quote from dyljaymac:
I will always prefer Manifest's cutscene glitch after the Charles Remix.

It's just something I found, that you can recreate yourself. It's not meant to be superior to anything.

This is the only vod, I know of, with a glitched cutscene:
http://www.twitch.tv/manifestmechanics/c/6075787
Yeah, thats it thanks
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-11-07 11:26:19 pm
Still waiting for someone to beat me Smiley Also, I'm thinking about routing 100% just for the heck of it, and to run an entirely different game simultaneously while that cutscene hell takes place.