--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
quadrazid: 2011-04-30 03:02:36 am
Svart Lyser Tronen
"blast pit elevator drop POC (for segments)"
Cool, we currently planned to jump-bug on the floor and keep the speed we got after circling down the fall. But if we could get a speedboost from the pipe w/o falldmg, that'd be really nice (I thinks that what you are trying to show? or is it just a edgebug to maintain current speed?)

as for the residue processing satchel boost, I'd recommend saving that armor.
we will save more time using the interloper satchels on nih.

Quote from droogie:
As for the 30 second time saver.... should be sexy. Good job to whoever found it. ( i hope it's not from a trigger delay... :/)

I found it, and it ain't a triggerdelay. But hey, whats wrong with my triggerdelay anyways? ;O
Edit history:
oasiz: 2011-08-27 11:52:05 am
oasiz: 2011-05-01 06:45:40 am
Iha paska
http://62.78.147.120/dobm Link updated

Currently runs on my home connection tube so it might slow down if there is a lot of traffic and I am torrenting linux images.
Should still have plenty of room as it's an 200/10mbit connection. Smiley

Have fun adding stuff there, and if there are issues, give me a PM in here or irc: oasiz @ ircnet, freenode, quakenet
hello, world!
Quote from quadrazid:
"blast pit elevator drop POC (for segments)"
But if we could get a speedboost from the pipe w/o falldmg, that'd be really nice (I thinks that what you are trying to show? or is it just a edgebug to maintain current speed?)

Yea the first parts were just showing what's possible (didn't know if you guys new of a different way), the last part was showing a way I did it once. I hit it at a slope coming in somewhat like I showed with the noclip. It knocked me off the pipe toward the hallway and I maintained my speed + lost 3 hp. Might be possible to do it with 0 fall dmg? Would probably be very hard to do though. But yea, I'm somewhat blind of your general route so I'll be bringing up different, most of them may be pointless though.

Quote from quadrazid:
whats wrong with my triggerdelay anyways? ;O

Tongue The trigger delay is cool, but it's one of those controversial tricks imo, where a sexy 30 second skip is... a sexy 30 second skip Smiley and great job! 30 seconds, that's beast.
XXY
30 second trick? Damn...
Yes, Inexistence is a word.
Quote from Spider-Waffle:
Ya I like the idea of a website, scourceruns is already pretty good though, maybe could just make that better.  You should talk to us/me on aim, skype, or FB sometime.

If you're wanting to use SourceRuns for planning the run, just PM me. You could have a sub-forum with any child boards you need, I could make you a mod for that forum. And when we get our website layout sorted, you guys could have a place with tricks, routes, etc or whatever you want. (Also, when the run is finished, we'll publish it if you want, or at the least advertise it where we can). Just PM me if you want that.
Svart Lyser Tronen
Freeze glitch on Steam's GoldSource games is now solved!
Thanks to rofi for finding this out. It's all about very simple cvar.
"clockwindow 0" - and freeze is gone, enjoy!

Quote:
From Half-Life Linux Primary Server 3.1.1.0.b Beta Update Changelog

* Added new cvar "clockwindow". This cvar is temporary.
It's designed to combat the speed cheats being used in-game.
The default value for this cvar is "0.5".
We're very interested in how low you can get this value and not have your players "feel" any
different while they're playing. Broadband clients shouldn't be affected by this cvar.
Adjusting "clockwindow" should have a greater affect on modem clients.
As you lower the value (0.3, 0.1, 0.01, etc.), modem clients' games should feel jittery.
Adjusting "clockwindow" does not affect the server.
Only clients will notice problems when the value starts to get too low.
Please play with this cvar and report your results directly to Eric Smith.
Iha paska
Wow, this is great news!
Something that was really getting on my nerves and solving it was on my list of things to do, saves the trouble Smiley
Thanks rofi and quad for relaying it here.
Ad infinitum
That's fantastic news! I hope you'll get this project going now that you've solved that problem... finally you can focus on running instead of technical issues! Smiley
Great news! Looking forward to this ambitious run. It'll look like a TAS to me, but I like TAS videos so I won't mind.
unemployed Dragon
For what spiderwaffle got banned? Im just curious
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/why_spiderwaffle_is_banned.html
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/portal__march_27th_2011_26.html
unemployed Dragon
oh I see, thanks for the info Smiley
clockwindow 0
Certified awesomeness.
Edit history:
Blazier: 2011-06-03 06:33:14 am
I hope this run gets done regardless of all this bullshit going on. Only thing I'm worried about is the idea of "mixing and matching of quirks"... you should pick a version of HL1 and run that version throughout.
Any updates on this?
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote from rayvex:
such a silence here when quad's away.

such a silence here when spider-waffle's banned. *
My spirit has been summoned.
I have not got enough time.
The enemy is close to us.
Therefore I shall answer only one of thy questions.
When did you move to Hungary?
Edit history:
bebeDesigner: 2011-08-28 01:43:25 am
someone must always ruin the moment
hi
looks like this may still take a long while 'till it gets rollin'.

However, something big might be revealed soon to overcome the meantime.
Is this still going anywhere?
Edit history:
quadrazid: 2011-11-27 08:14:13 am
Svart Lyser Tronen
Yes. Two new triggerdelay loadings and other smaller tweaks in route was found last two days. Ends up in 9 + 2 + 2 + 1.5 + 0.5 second savings. New estimated time is about 24:20
Svart Lyser Tronen
sup