--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from philosoraptor42:
Quote from icedpingu:
And the timeslot looks great btw. (12:40 AM CST => 17:40 CEST, right?)

No, that would be 07:40 AM CEST.  You are +7 hours from USA Central Time.

damn 7:40 in the morning @_@
not as bad as the Fast Force one, where I had to stand up @ 5:30, when my run was on 6:00
Mmmm... After looking at the schedule, I noticed (might very well be my mistake when I filled up the application), You Have to Win the Game estimate should be 6 minutes. To avoid messing your slots, you can take a minute out my Astal run, and put a minute to my You have to win the game slot. While I can do the game under 5 minutes, there is too much place to mess up at this point still, so I prefer it would be 6 minute. Thank you ! Smiley
Ruling the cosmos!
Looks good, that's a time I can deal with.
some of the estimates I did was because it was more even, and I have padding room around each runner.  So like each runner has their estimates plus like 5 mins in case things go haywire.  I knw last year some of the runs were shorter than what they were, so there was a lot of space in between, but there was a point where we were stupid behind that even the 5 mins didn't cover it, so I'm just leaving it there for just in cases.  It's ok if you go over 5 mins on little mermaid, though.  I can still change it if you'd like Smiley
Quote from icedpingu:
Since I can't help you with being one of the restreamer I can at least provide you with a RTMP server if you need one for restreaming Smiley

haha i'm not sure what that is....  I've got someone who's ok with bing the host computer, so hopefully things will go smoothly, but if it's something that can help improve quality, then I'd like tocheck it out/have you explain it all to me lol
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from nanachan09:
Quote from icedpingu:
Since I can't help you with being one of the restreamer I can at least provide you with a RTMP server if you need one for restreaming Smiley

haha i'm not sure what that is....  I've got someone who's ok with bing the host computer, so hopefully things will go smoothly, but if it's something that can help improve quality, then I'd like tocheck it out/have you explain it all to me lol

Let's say everyone is streaming to this RTMP server (only the current speedrunner and restreamer knowing the key), the restreamer grabs the stream from the rtmp server (mostly with a delay 3-4 seconds) and everyone who is commentating to the run can also watch with the same delay as the restreamer. Races are also possible with the rtmp server.
Quote from nanachan09:
some of the estimates I did was because it was more even, and I have padding room around each runner.  So like each runner has their estimates plus like 5 mins in case things go haywire.  I knw last year some of the runs were shorter than what they were, so there was a lot of space in between, but there was a point where we were stupid behind that even the 5 mins didn't cover it, so I'm just leaving it there for just in cases.  It's ok if you go over 5 mins on little mermaid, though.  I can still change it if you'd like Smiley

yeah i think the 15 would be better for mermaid because in races, me and others have gotten trolled and just barely finished in a specified time.  the extra time would account for any bad rng i get during the run.  and thank you. Smiley
aka theenglishman
Well, it turns out I have a doctor's appointment at 5 on the 20th.  I can do the 19th or 21st though, or alternative I can do late morning/early afternoon on the 20th.
Ruling the cosmos!
So is the commentary during the event going to be from the runner or from someone else?
aka theenglishman
Depends on the runner, I think.  Some runners like me enjoy commenting as they go, while others prefer someone else take over while they concentrate on the run.
Ruling the cosmos!
Mm, that sounds fun
Having an RTMP server would be great. Would make the whole process a lot smoother then the twitch accounts we had last year.
I assume this schedule is based on the Eastern Time Zone?  I couldn't find this information anywhere, and just want to make sure I'm preparing correctly.

Also I think I messed up when I filled in the form and put my real name instead of my online handle.  I don't really mind people knowing my name, but if you could replace "Byron" with "sweetnumb" I would prefer that Smiley

Also, since I've submitted, the any% route for Super Metroid has changed considerably to something quite a bit harder and less marathon-friendly (though faster when executed properly).  It would be cool to showcase this route, but there's a decent probability of death.  I would create safety saves to minimize the time loss of this risk (and it would still stay under the time alotted slot).  Or I could run the older/safer route if that's preferred.  I'm open to either one.
Dapper as fuck.
Central Time Zone, it's at the top of the schedule doc.
Edit history:
Jaguar King: 2014-09-11 11:21:35 am
so Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was accepted, nice

now what is the next move? is there something I should do?
Quote from philosoraptor42:
Central Time Zone, it's at the top of the schedule doc.

Oh wow derp.

Thank you, I figured it had to be somewhere obvious since nobody else was asking the question.
With a week to go, how close are we to having guidelines setup for streaming?  Game video/audio is a given, but how about skype/mumble/whatever VOIP system we're using?  Also, where will we need to go for communication during the marathon?  We'll need to be able to go somewhere, even if it's just an IRC channel or skype group, to coordinate when to go live for our runs.
aka theenglishman
That's a good point, Stinger.
Flopping Lunky since 2015.
There actually IS a skype group we're in. Apperantly not all of us tho Shocked
Surely nana will add everyone tho, if she finds the time for it.
There's a skype group for general discussion. Nana is slowly adding everybody in. For the actual marathon there will be a mumble room for the runner/commentators hosts and what not to be in and talk to eachother during the actual stream. I'm working on making a ruleset for runner streams. Work has been getting the best of me but expect a nice google doc or something by Sunday evening.
Nanachan: would it be possible to turn Bastion (NG any%) into a race between me and HaosEdge? My understanding is that he also offered this category, and he is very nearly as good as me at it, so it should make a good race. No problem if you'd rather not.
Hmm... if people are looking for me for the Skype group, my name is KiddoCabbusses.

Hope that helps.
It looks like I'll be having oral surgery on the 18th so I don't know what condition I'll be in on the 21st.
sweetnumb, that Super Metroid route would be pretty cool to see as long as we can keep the same time estimate Smiley

jaguar king, I still need to get the schedule done....  I'm really sorry it hasn't been finished sooner D:

StingerPA, I'll be sending out things to everyone that will explain what's going to be going on.  I'm sorry for the short notice on it Sad

OK!  Looks like we've got a really good group going!  There is a Speedathon general discussion group on skype right now, and if you're not a part of it, either you didn't accept my friend request, I couldn't find you, or you didn't offer a skype name lol.  If you'd like to be a part of this, just add me it's shawn.norris.  (with both periods).  For those of you without a skype or anything, I can definitely send you the information through Twitch!

vulajin, would the time slot work out for both of you?  Cause I can totally make that a race Smiley

PinkPajamas, oh noes D:  just let me know as soon as you can if you can still do the run or not Smiley
Yes, I double-checked with him before asking. It should be fine for both of us.