Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
nanachan09: 2014-09-19 01:08:42 am
nanachan09: 2014-09-03 12:01:11 am
nanachan09: 2014-09-02 12:42:47 am
nanachan09: 2014-08-15 01:41:24 pm
nanachan09: 2014-08-05 02:29:39 pm
nanachan09: 2014-08-05 01:54:58 pm
So...  Last year was the first for Speedathon, and we ended up raising around $2600 for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.  I want to pull this off again this year Smiley  Basically this thread right now is for date ideas (I'm currently thinking Sept. 18-23), and it's also for charity ideas!  Once the date is more of a concrete thing, I will post a form for game submissions.  I am also looking for volunteers to help run this thing, so any and all help is appreciated Smiley

Thanks!

-EDIT-
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CK7oK5vnMBXmsvroacsH3oxvD9tvMEB_jQA9lyJu5vg/viewform?usp=send_form

I'll get the schedule up and running as soon as I can Smiley

-EDIT-

I'm going to be cutting off sign-ups Sept. 1st so I have some time to get the schedule put together and whatnot, and you guys will be able to have time to look over it and see if any revisions are needed Smiley

-EDIT-

Probably am going to leave sign-ups open for a bit longer if the newer people don't mind being put like towards the end of the marathon.  But, yes, I will be trying to get the schedule put together this weekend.  Also, I have the very tiniest of starts on the schedule. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w72uIjczvDE9ZDmnPTXOHyvWQkMuFGfb1W7HvuVr3wg/edit#gid=0
Thread title:  
i'm a GOD
I'd be willing to help out
Speedathon hype! Last year was so much fun!!!
aka theenglishman
I'm definitely up for it, and my internet is nowhere near as terrible as it was last year Wink
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Sounds like a good time!  Not entirely sure of my availability at that time nor my personal internet speed, but I might just have to arrange a few things...
Edit history:
PurpleSunDeryl: 2014-07-06 07:45:32 am
PurpleSunDeryl: 2014-07-06 07:45:32 am
Last time was a lot of fun, so I'd certainly be up for another. As for charity, any would be good.
The main thing I'm going to need help with is having a host computer and people to help out with switching out streams and whatnot.
I'm good for running a game or two but i can't give a concrete answer to me being able to help with the streaming portion in my current predicament? no but we'll see what i can do as far as internet speed and computer hardware.
Yeah, I won't be able to offer my time in an organizational capacity, but I'm more than happy to offer a bunch of games. I'm extremely hype for the return of the Speedathon. The only potentially conflicting event I'm aware of in September is on the 20th and 21st: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/east_coast_speedrunning_marathon_sept._2021.html
Edit history:
playe: 2014-07-09 02:33:02 am
Really looking forward to this speedathon, it was a ton of fun participating in the previous one. (Even if my Yellow run was a train wreck lol.)

I'll make sure to run a game that I'm more familiar with this time though. sure won't get a route change days before the marathon.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from nanachan09:
The main thing I'm going to need help with is having a host computer and people to help out with switching out streams and whatnot.

I think I can help you, we (my friend tocophonic and I) hosted the the Bad Games Marathon this year and we didn't drop a single frame while streaming. We used an own RTMP server for broadcasting.
Quote from icedpingu:
Quote from nanachan09:

I think I can help you, we (my friend tocophonic and I) hosted the the Bad Games Marathon this year and we didn't drop a single frame while streaming. We used an own RTMP server for broadcasting.

Wow, that would amazing!  Last year was fine, but my boyfriend wasn't too happy that I was using his desktop as the host comp xD.  If you would like to help out, I will get a list of people and a schedule for changing over the stream Smiley  Thank you so much!
Look at my profile pic
If this is still gonna happen, I call running some of the old PS2 WWE Games lol.
When do you think game submissions will open?
I have the link in the first post for sign-ups!  I'm still working on a charity, but I'm thinking we'll probably go with Prevent Cancer Foundation again.  Will update when I get more info Smiley
This entry blanks on this form are rather...uh, small.
...yea.. i know D:  you should be able to keep typing though.....  let me know if there are any problems D:
Is it not possible to get bigger form fields in a Google form? <_< Not trying to be difficult, but if I'm going to offer more than one game, I'd like to be sure it's actually going to come through properly in the form.
haha, don't worry about it  Smiley  I'm pretty new with Google Docs, as I didn't make the sign-up forms last year.  I think I fixed it, though!
That's perfect, thanks!
Edit history:
philosoraptor42: 2014-08-05 02:24:14 pm
philosoraptor42: 2014-08-05 02:23:50 pm
Dapper as fuck.
I would say that looks a lot more user friendly.  How long do you suppose you'll keep sign ups open?  I need to find out if something I have going on near there is not going to overlap before I sign up.
I'm not sure as of yet, but they'll probably be open for quite some time.  You can always shoot me a pm here, or on skype (shawn.norris.) or on twitch even (nanachan09) if you have any problems or if you need to drop out Smiley
Dapper as fuck.
I suppose I could, I did just realize the dates you mentioned were just a thought and not the definite ones yet.
Thanks for reminding me!  I have the definite dates in the title now
So hype!!