Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I was saddened by no Lufia banner, until I saw the glory of the last banner. Why do we even need any others?
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from FeralPigMan:
I was saddened by no Lufia banner, until I saw the glory of the last banner. Why do we even need any others?

This pretty much. +∞ for last banner.
The Speedrunning Teacher
I really, really meant to click on that last banner. I do not regret the choice!
Professional Second Banana
Now that everyone's paid and we haven't had any more drops (woo!), I've added Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (English version) to the schedule to replace Baldur's Gate and Ys+.  I realize that's somewhat close to Tales of Xillia, but Ghoul02 should still have 15-16 hours for sleep/food/practice before Xillia starts (Ghoul02, let me know if you have any concerns about that).
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Awesome. I can make that work, I believe; the only issue is that I should be on the couch for VC immediately following FFCC. I don't *think* it's that big of an issue though. The initial reaction from the Xillia runners is that we'll be fine, so no worries there. (Most of our practice should be like 1 full run, then just lots of practice against every boss in the game for maximum efficiency).

I'll get the donation incentives up in the thread.
eLmaGus is organizing a German restream of RPGLB, and cookie is going to restream the Dragon Warrior run on Nico Live with Japanese commentary; but we're still lacking a French restream.  If anyone's interested in organizing one or knows anyone who would be, let me know (I put out a call on Twitter too).
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Hype for the showcase race tomorrow. Ready to get last place Cheesy
It was just brought to our attention that the In Town Suites raised their weekly rate from $230 to $330 since we did our research into local hotels last September - apologies for any inconvenience.
Schedule update: Child of Light and Magic of Scheherazade have been dropped; and I've moved Disgaea from the Waitlist to the Tuesday night schedule, to replace both.
I'm really sorry to say this, but it turns out that i'm no longer able to make it. My work situation has changed and will be starting a new job literally on the monday of the week of the marathon, and it can't be pushed back since the training is being done on a set schedule. Up till now i've been working part time, so I can't really say no to it. Again I'm very sorry to dump this on you guys at the last minute. I'll still support this event as best as i can and watch it in the evening. As for my entry fee, please put it towards NAMI as a donation.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sad

We can go ahead and put your fee towards an incentive for Bich's run if you want to donate it.  Grats on the new job!
bichGOAL
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from bichphuongballz:
Quote from puwexil:

This is horrible news for the marathon, but congrats on the job!
I'm extremely disappointedly happy for you. Dejected congrats on the new job.

The only silver lining is that now Bich has to suffer more.
I can see Bich grading students papers during cutscenes (Donation incentive?) Smiley
ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
for these type of marathons obviously I'm not able to view all runs live. Thank you based VoDs. (the runs will be uploaded to the YouTube channel I assume. Am I correct?)
Gotta Go Fast!
That is correct, they'll be uploaded here sometime after the marathon.
I might be the first one to write after the end of the event, but somehow, inside me, i feel reaaly sad it's over.

To me, this event has been a huge success, though it has been shorter than the other rpg events from previous years, but surely essentia cant keep people a full week at her house and i fully understand that.

Though the shorter event, it was really awesome to be part of it, by modding the irc, providing some prizes and donating some again (and i said to myself i wouldnt donate this year, coz i have a really huge progress in my taxes for this year, but i will eat pastas for some time^^).

The donation's goal has been overriden pretty easily i would say, that's a really good sign.

Twitch chat has been great, not toxic at all Smiley

I really wanna be part of this next year again, if you people still want me ^^

Huge thanks to everyone Smiley

much love <3 <3 <3
Terribad is as terribad does
As a viewer of the marathon, I gotta say, you all did a pretty fantastic job. I think a large portion of it was the experience that many of you have had at larger events, but tech glitches were minor (from my standpoint), runs were entertaining (to include runs of games I just don't enjoy, and with several pretty tense moments,) audio was pretty decent, commentators did a good job, and donation readers read most, if not every appropriate donation that came in. I don't know if a feedback thread is planned, but, I truly hope that NAMI would help support another RPGLB next year.
Literally speaking... literally...
So will there be a bonus stream? Cheesy
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
As stated in here already by Jeannotbdf and azkiboh, RPGLB was an AMAZING watch this year.  Truly outstanding.  I was so glad to see so much of it live on Twitch instead of VODs later.  I'm thinking I'll pick up a RPG to speedrun now.
<(^_^)>
Twitch chat was pretty tame and fun and not toxic throughout the marathon, yet also hyped appropriately.

That's saying something
For Fun! For GLORY!!
What Kirby said. Chat during the marathon was golden!

Missed some of it sadly, but what I did catch was amazing. I hope to be there in person next year. ^_^
Weegee Time
The Twitch chat was pretty excellent.  I was happy to not have to moderate QN at all when I was online.

Now I get to spend the next month or so finding time to watch all the great runs I missed. @_@
No pain, no gain
Well, the marathon is officially over! Thank you, everyone, for your help in making a fantastic event. We raised $46,300 for NAMI, and it's much more than I could have expected.

We'll definitely want to talk about things that could be improved, but for now, it's good to share the love and just enjoy what happened. I'll make a larger post once I'm done being sleep deprived.