Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 4 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
<(^_^)>
This is mad hype, and I kinda want to going too; I always want to run fire emblem: radiant at a RPG marathon someday Smiley I've also only heard good things about essentia's house~

Limit Break is a pretty legit name.

On a more negative note, IIRC OARS didn't really give very strong support to SGDQ during the two years it was the fundraiser. I don't quite remember, so maybe more involved marathon organizers can comment on this.
HELLO!
I'll point out that OAR is apparently based here in Virginia, just as PCF is, and just as AGDQ benefits from a local charity, getting a charity based in Utah may be a good idea for getting a charity that gives local support.
Edit history:
MystElf: 2014-07-30 11:32:27 am
I'm just gonna ditto what a lot of other people have said as I have no original content to contribute XP. I'm glad to see that there is still going to be an RPG marathon around! I'll offer games when it comes to that point even though I'm not well known.

Name preference: I have a very strong affinity for Phoenix based names. Maybe something like "Phoenix Rebirth" implying giving a second life to the charity we're supporting or those it supports.

Other people seem to know more about the charities than me so I'll let you guys decide whats best there.
bichGOAL
This is awesome, and I'd more than happy to attend and provide slave labor. Limit Break is definitely the most catchy, but I guess it just depends on what message the name (whatever it may be) should carry?
Plays games quickly. Eventually.
I won't be able to attend this time around; but I'd still like to be involved in some way. Graveyard-shift chat moderation, bonus stream (If there is one.) content, etc, count me in.

Not that fussed about the name; Limit Break is pretty cool, but the reason I liked Crystals For Life was because of the subtle description it gave; 'Crystals' representing RPGs and 'Life' representing the charity. It would be cool to maintain a similar theme; but not outright necessary by any means.

Looking forward to seeing the event unfold!
sda loyalist
I don't know if I'll be able to contribute beyond providing the source code for the website and modifying it as you see fit.
As a Web Graphic Designer I would like to offer up the chance to help make the page for it. I don't do will on coding but I can make up a design that could be helpful.
Professional Second Banana
Quote from Lag.Com:
I don't know if I'll be able to contribute beyond providing the source code for the website and modifying it as you see fit.

That'd be awesome!  I'll let you know once we're ready to start looking at website logistics.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from Brossentia:
Quote from Vulajin:
Also, I can promise we won't be streaming off of Essentia's computer. Smiley However, we might use her machine for PC runs... <_<

Perhaps the charity can be to buy Essentia a computer that can play more than solitaire Tongue

And yeah, I'd say that Essentia's computer is much, much worse than the internet. Much worse. I'm not mocking the computer when I say it takes a good ten minutes until it'll even open Firefox; that might actually surpass its capabilities. The internet will be fine, though, and it's worked great for SGDQs.

I can volunteer the use of my PC for the PC runs. It isn't the strongest machine out there, but it can run games very easily since it was built just for gaming.
The love for this marathon is strong.
No pain, no gain
Yeah, this is great. Thanks, everyone, for being willing to help out.

At this point, I think settling on a name and a charity is helpful. I'm actually pulling more towards NAMI, personally, though any of them would be great. And I do think "Limit Break" would be the best. I like the feeling of action that the name has, and it's the most hype name so far. And yes, I'm all for the hype.
Insanity Prelude
I can probably do some promotion video if we want one. I'll need advance notice though since it takes a bit of time to make and get the clips needed. I've done some video editting work before, so you can view some of it if you browse around on Youtube.
RAMENhamehaaa
Marathon name: Haste!!
Arr-pee-gees for Chair-ahh-tees.

I have a couple great prizes I'll want to donate when the time comes around.
Gotta Go Fast!
This is a reminder to get your votes in for the charity pick and the marathon name by Tuesday afternoon.
I must simply laugh.
I was a nurse for about 3 years and one thing I saw all the time was how Diabetes is one of the worst things that can happen to human beings, this is why im very biased towards JDRF when it comes to charity pick.

Im not very likely to attend this marathon, however feel free to hit me up with any moderation help or online support you need, ill be glad to support it.

As for marathon name.... uhm... i dont really know... Roll Eyes
Really happy to see this thread and all the support its getting.  For what charity to use, I'm a bit biased towards NAMI for personal reasons.  As for the name, I really like Limit Break. I also thought of Level Up, but I get the feeling that ones been used before?  I dunno, but in my opinion the name should definitely be simple.
I heart SDA
Hoooo man, I'm so excited! Cheesy Pat yourselves on the back, RPG community, because you are awesome.

I'd be happy to attempt to tackle a logo for it, if no one other designer has called dibs. Promo banners and other materials, too.

Limit Break is a solid choice, but to echo some others, I'd really dig something with Phoenix in the name.

Advent Phoenix
Phoenixes are Jerks
Phoenix Up
Reawakened Phoenix Gathering :B

Oh, and I'm sure Yetee'd be down with doing shirts, so you can expect one shirt design out of me.

I tend to prefer JDRF for the charity. They have a chapter in Utah, too.
I actually kinda like Reawakened Phoenix Gathering.  Though along those lines, maybe Rising Phoenix Gameathon?
All the things
Since I didn't mention it before, put in my vote for NAMI.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Wow, I'm excited that this rebore itself out of the ashes about as quick as only a phoenix could =D
I'll do my best to attend again this time round. I also think, I might have not one, but two games to offer, but we'll se about that.

Also, none of the names I've read so far are so extremely good, that I would say 'YES!' but they all kinda sound pretty nice.
What about 'Birds are Jerks'? Wink

Oh yeah, not biased towards or against any charity here.
For what it's worth:

Many years ago I worked a little bit with NAMI for a small charity event. It didn't go particularly well. They weren't super easy to work with, and the cause, while very worthwhile (I myself have severe OCD, anxiety disorder, and mild depression), it doesn't tend to resonate with people very well. There is something very vague feeling about general mental health that people just don't seem to throw their support behind it as much as something like, say, cancer research. (which is unfortunate, admittedly)

I still don't think NAMI would be a terrible choice of charity, but I feel like JDRF (I also have diabetes! I'm just a big old bag of disease, aren't I?) or OARS would be better choices.

Since I live in Utah, I might come down to at least watch this live! I don't currently run anything so I probably won't be able to offer anything in that regard.
If, in the end, attendees staying offsite is allowed I'd love to stop by on the back half to watch some runs live in person (when work schedule would allow).  Am also happy to volunteer for menial tasks and help out in any way possible while there.

Either way, watching in person or watching online, I am super excited this marathon is getting off the ground Smiley
Edit history:
Keypaladin: 2014-08-06 12:33:11 am
The Wayward Wanderer
I'm definitely going to be going, and I'd like to help out any way I can.

As for which charity, it's hard to pick one.  >__< 
As for the group's name, I really liked "A Journey of Hope". 
I'm with magus, pretty much. Salt Lake City is a place, pretty far away. I'm up for helping in any way I can from over here though! Tongue
Imo it would be a good idea to stick with JDRF, but if that isn't really what people want, I'd put my vote towards NAMI.
As for the name I really like "Limit Break", but there's a lot of good names in there, gj. Smiley