Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Insanity Prelude
Anybody figure out their rooming arrangements yet? I don't mind being one of the offsite person's so people who are more strapped for money can stay onsite for cheaper. But I do want to figure out how rooming is going to work.
Not a walrus
I'll be either driving or taking the train to SLC. If anybody wants to meet up in Denver and car pool then let me know, because if I end up travelling alone I'll be taking the train so I can sleep for the 11 or 13 hours it takes to get to and from SLC.
Professional Second Banana
Quote from Tide:
Anybody figure out their rooming arrangements yet? I don't mind being one of the offsite person's so people who are more strapped for money can stay onsite for cheaper. But I do want to figure out how rooming is going to work.

The signup form will have a place for people to indicate onsite/offsite rooming preference, and around that time we'll get a travel/rooming thread going too so people interested in staying offsite can their arrangements planned out.  Our hope is that enough people will be interested in staying offsite (either because of being local to the SLC area or because of wanting a bed/quiet place to sleep) that everyone gets their preference.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
if I end up travelling alone I'll be taking the train so I can sleep for the 11 or 13 hours it takes to get to and from SLC.

Now that's what I call a power nap.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-02-02 11:00:46 am
kirbymastah: 2015-02-02 10:59:49 am
<(^_^)>
As a note, my personal best for radiant dawn is about a 2:44 and it'll go down by another 1-2 after I practiced it again this week. My initial estimate was 3:15:00, but I'm comfortable with making that go down to 3:05:00 (there's something I want to show off for the extra 5 minutes). Up to you though and I'm not sure if it'll make a difference or allow a really short game in.
sounds like i'll be flying in from oakland, been told it would be nonstop flight for any bay area runners going. also i plan to stay offsite, i like the quiet and having a few less people at the house will make it less crowded. Also did the testing for Diablo 3 system link speed runs, almost no lag for either the host and the client player. There should be no problems with set up.
Stay chill, be cool.
I will either be flying from West Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale, whichever one will have better prices and/or is more convenient.  I will have to figure out flight stuff, but with recent events going on in my personal life, it's way more likely that I'll be able to attend.  Like Osey, I'm planning on staying offsite.  Not sure if anyone else is coming in from the south Florida area.
SDA Speedruns: 1
It's possible that I will only be able to make it up to the 14th. I may have to leave early depending on other events here in town. For safety sake though it would be easier to schedule my game before the 15th though. Thanks.
Quote from FFgamer86:
It's possible that I will only be able to make it up to the 14th. I may have to leave early depending on other events here in town. For safety sake though it would be easier to schedule my game before the 15th though. Thanks.

Would the morning of the 14th work?  The easiest solution I'm seeing is to flip FFMQ with Secret of Evermore.
As of right now, Any time is fine. But theres a chance though my 8 ball team makes city's and that starts Friday night the 15th.  So it shouldnt be too hard to find a flight back to Florida on the evening of the 14th or the 15th morning. But that will work. Theres still the offchance my team doesn't make cities and I can stay for the whole event. It's going to be tough scheduling for me though since I need to order plane tickets shortly and not sure if we make it or not.

Long story short, early 14th is fine.
Not sure if your taking commentary positions yet, but when you do you can put me in for Suikoden.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2015-02-15 07:17:22 pm
puwexil: 2015-02-15 07:17:00 pm
Now that we have a schedule (http://bombch.us/wea), it's about time we started figuring out who all is coming to the marathon.

When we started planning for RPG Limit Break, we drew heavily on the attendee/viewer feedback from Crystals for Life.  Probably the most common criticism was the attendance costs - as there were only 25 attendees sharing costs for a hotel venue, the costs ended up being higher than similar events and unstable due to drop-outs having greater impact.  In order to ensure that this issue wouldn't happen again for RPGLB, we decided to have our first marathon in a private home instead of a public space.  While this will ensure fixed and reasonable attendance costs, it unfortunately also means that we have to limit attendance to 45 people due to limited space.

Runners (and a very small # of marathon staff that aren't also running games) will be taking the majority of the attendance slots, but there will definitely be room for additional attendees (especially if some people are only coming for a day or two instead of the whole week).  In order to assign out these remaining slots as fairly as possible, we're going to have a public form that anyone can submit to express interest in attending, with preference given to people that offered games for the marathon and didn't have any accepted, or that can commentate runs or help with the marathon in other ways.  The RPGLB staff will be using the responses to this form to estimate space needs for the RPGLB 2016 venue, so please do not feel discouraged from filling it out because of thinking other people deserve the spots more or similar concerns.

Runners with games on the schedule can sign up and pay their attendance fee ($20/day excluding bonus/fun days, plus $50 if staying onsite) any time, via PayPal to RPGLimitBreak~AT~gmail~DOT~com (or alternative arrangements with puwexil if you can't or don't use PayPal).  Please either mark the payment as a 'gift' or add 4% to cover PayPal transaction fees.  Payments are due April 1st at 11:59PM EDT - anyone not paid by then will forfeit their spot (and have their games cut if any) to someone else that submitted an interest form.

Runner Signup Form: http://goo.gl/forms/OYGBgT0cqt
Non-runner Interest Form: http://goo.gl/forms/CiIbTc56b6

Timeline
2/15: Runner signups, Non-runner signups start
3/1: Non-runner signups end
3/8: Final attendance list/waitlist posted
4/1: Deadline for attendance fee payment (anyone not paid by this date will forfeit their spot to someone on the waitlist)
5/11: Arrival/Setup Day
5/12: Marathon Begins (12PM MDT)
5/16: Marathon Ends (evening MDT)
5/17-18: Bonus/Fun Days
5/19: Departure Day
Edit history:
EnkerBlues: 2015-02-15 07:52:23 pm
I have a question regarding the days that we will be there. I live in the area, so I was hoping to kind of stop by each day after work and leave for home later on. Would I need to put something else in "departure date",  and would I also need to purchase the full event pass to be able to do that? If so, may just be coming for the day that my run is scheduled.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the form where it says $20 per day, so that answers that question. Should have read more closely!
I'm waitlisted as a runner and I want to attend the event regardless if my game gets in or not, especially since I live in the area. Would I fill out the non-runner form or the runner form?
Quote from PinkPajamas:
I'm waitlisted as a runner and I want to attend the event regardless if my game gets in or not, especially since I live in the area. Would I fill out the non-runner form or the runner form?

Non-runner form for now - if your run gets moved from waitlist to the schedule then you'll do the runner form at that time.
Edit history:
FFgamer86: 2015-02-16 02:45:00 pm
I am not sure what my departure date is yet, so I put the end of marathon for now. As of right now though, thats my plan for departure.
If I'm not entirely sure what my sleeping situation is going to be yet, should I put onsite or offsite?
Quote from Freddeh:
If I'm not entirely sure what my sleeping situation is going to be yet, should I put onsite or offsite?

Go ahead and put onsite for now - if you decide to stay offsite either edit the form or let me know and I'll update it.
In the event i can't find enough people to share a hotel room to split the cost can i change to Onsite? My budget is really tight and i would like to have a fall back plan.
Quote from osey889:
In the event i can't find enough people to share a hotel room to split the cost can i change to Onsite? My budget is really tight and i would like to have a fall back plan.

Yes, as long as the cap of 30 people staying onsite hasn't been reached.
We can pay the staying onsite money whenever we want right, as long as its before April 1st?
Quote from FFgamer86:
We can pay the staying onsite money whenever we want right, as long as its before April 1st?

Correct, the attendance fee payment deadline is April 1st.
Not 100% certain I can afford to attend, but I have filled out a form anyway as I am definitely interested for next year regardless.
<(^_^)>
Bought my plane tickets, will arrive monday night and leave wednesday! Can't wait Cheesy
for attendance costs offsite 100$ for the event, those that include arriving the day before hand  and any bonus days or do we need to pay extra?
Quote from osey889:
for attendance costs offsite 100$ for the event, those that include arriving the day before hand  and any bonus days or do we need to pay extra?

Setup/bonus days are not counted for attendance fees - only main marathon days.

Also, I've updated the schedule a bit due to some changes in estimates and runner availability.  Due to 2 games having significant estimate reductions, I've also moved Dragon Warrior GBC from the waitlist to the schedule.