Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Not sure if there'd be a better place to put this, but would 3 other people be interested in learning a Tales of game for a Coop 4 player run at this? Since we've got over a month to game submissions, there should be plenty of time to learn and see progress before then.

I was just thinking it'd be a pretty cool addition if done well, and... well, if you want something done, do it yourself. If anybody's interested PM me, we can talk it over a bit more and if there's enough interest, I'll see about a Skype group or something.
Professional Second Banana
Just to give an update on charity selection - Brossentia and Essentia have had productive meetings with representatives from the JDRF and NAMI chapters that cover Utah.  We're currently having some followup discussions with them to ensure we pick a charity that will be supportive and easy to work with, and that donation money will go to a cause that viewers worldwide will share our passion for.

Hopefully we'll have a decision within the next few weeks.
Reminder that game submissions will be starting next Monday (10/27), and I'll be starting a new forum thread for game offers.

HYPE!
Fucking Weeaboo
HPYE! I've got my run choices pretty well narrowed down. Smiley

Quote:
...Swedish Fish supply, Demon Chocobo wrangling): Essentia & Denton

The two most important jobs of the marathon, right here folks. Cheesy
Quote from puwexil:
Reminder that game submissions will be starting next Monday (10/27), and I'll be starting a new forum thread for game offers.

HYPE!

Woot look forward to actually offering a game this year.
Stay chill, be cool.
Good thing I have my only game offer ready.  Wink
<(^_^)>
Quote from WanderingMind:
Good thing I have my only game offer ready.  Wink
Game submissions are open for business until 11/10 at https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rpg_limit_break_2015__game_submission_thread_submissions_open_until_11102.html!

Also, we're about 95% certain on charity selection at this point - just waiting for 1 more meeting to finalize details.
I'm not going to have a game ready for the submission period, but I just wanted it to be known that I am VERY interested in helping out with this marathon is some way. I live like an hour away from Essentia's place and both causes being looked at are very close to me, as I am diabetic, and suffer from severe OCD, anxiety, and mild depression as well. I would love to help do game commentary, donation reading, or anything else that might be needed.

Hope all goes well with this! Super excited for it.
Edit history:
Baffan: 2014-10-29 12:57:16 pm
Quote from Ghoul02:
Not sure if there'd be a better place to put this, but would 3 other people be interested in learning a Tales of game for a Coop 4 player run at this? Since we've got over a month to game submissions, there should be plenty of time to learn and see progress before then.

I was just thinking it'd be a pretty cool addition if done well, and... well, if you want something done, do it yourself. If anybody's interested PM me, we can talk it over a bit more and if there's enough interest, I'll see about a Skype group or something.

S18alg sent you a PM but I will post a message here for everybody.

We, the Tales of Symphonia speedrunners, are already debating about if we will/can submit a Tales of Symphonia co-op. It would be awesome obviously but we need 4 people that know the speedrun and that can be here for the Marathon itself.

Of course people can submit an other Tales of game, there is time before the marathon so people can learn the run if they want, but I just wanted to inform that we are already talking about this between us, because we really want to do it if it is possible. <3

Thanks for your message Ghost02! =D
That Guy
Man, I'd love to fly down and participate in this with HMH2, but it occurs to me there's no guarantee that even if I filed tomorrow I'd have a passport issued and ready when the time came (nevermind some real life financial uncertainty)

I support you guys wholeheartedly though.
I'm pleased to announce that after meetings with both JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) + lots of followup correspondence, we've decided to go with NAMI for our charity partner for RPG Limit Break 2015.  Both charities are great causes and were very pleasant to meet with; and in the end NAMI was the stronger choice (between offering more help with promotion/supplies for the marathon and being willing to accept direct Paypal donations via Cool Matty's tracker).

I'd like to especially thank Brossentia for handling the communications with the charities; and both he and Essentia for making a couple of drives to meet with them in person.  The process took a bit longer than we expected due to needing to work with both the local and national NAMI offices; but was well worthwhile to ensure that we chose a cause/charity that our worldwide audience will definitely be able to get behind.

From Brossentia's meeting notes:
We're going to be working with the Utah chapter of NAMI for RPGLB. They are extremely excited about this event and have promised to help us out both with promotion as well as food.  The leadership there is aligned with local and healthy stores - they're working with Whole Foods to provide Denton with some cooking supplies, and they have many other connections as well.
In addition, May is Mental Health Month.  During this time, they have several events, and they know they can promote us.  This is a fairly small thing, but it looks like we'll be able to hold an interview with a state-wide news organization.  Even though this probably won't impact donations much, it will still help gain awareness and let people know that these events exist.
National NAMI is also planning to get as much word out as possible.  Our donations will be split between the two and focus on general programs benefiting teens and young adults, letting us give appreciation to the local branch as well as have an impact across the nation.
Great news. Big thanks to Brossentia for the hard work set down already. Those early meetings usually aren't fun...

"Speedrunning you say...interesting...WTF is speedrunning???"
Ate the extra spicy banana
Good work Bro/Essentia. Definitely going to be a great marathon. Hopefully I can view these on youtube afterwards though as I'll be in basic/tech school for the air force during that time :<
Runs will all be highlighted on Twitch and VODs will be uploaded to Youtube shortly after the marathon.
SDA Speedruns: 1
Is someone happening to be working on a possible banner or artwork that I can use on my stream to promote both RPGLB and NAMI. I'd like to spread the word as much as possible to increase interest in the marathon.
There will definitely be promo banners, though probably not until January or February (most of our artist friends are currently busy helping with AGDQ).
Marathon schedule is now posted at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KPTducquBhJp4dNyriRPPoaECQ6Jbw9esMlgfH5uvKk/edit?usp=sharing, and signups will be starting soon too (exact date TBD, but will be no later than March 1st)!

If anyone who has a run on the schedule isn't planning on being there during your scheduled time or isn't planning on coming at all anymore, please let me know so I can adjust accordingly.
<(^_^)>
Just a question, would we be able to arrive on the day before the marathon? Seeing as I'm the first run, I'd like to squeeze in a practice run before the marathon starts by arriving at Monday night Tongue

or even better, earlier on monday. Would make it really convenient for me to just take monday+tuesday off if i could fly in monday morning or something. Thanks!
Monday the 11th will be arrival/setup day, the marathon proper will run Tuesday the 12th through the evening of Saturday the 16th, Sunday the 17th and Monday the 18th will be bonus/fun days, and anyone still around will head home on Tuesday the 19th.
Awesome was gonna ask about bonus stuff after I got home, can order some tickets now.
"Let's put a SMILE on that face!"
I will unfortunately be unable to attend Limit Break this year, but I would still like to help Wyrmtalon/LCC/FFGamer with routing Suikoden any% no-bribe glitch for it, so that whoever does run it will have as good a route as we can muster up.
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Oh boy, graveyard shift for the ToX run.... HYPE!
Are we flying into Salt Lake City airport (SLC)?  Wanna make sure I don't end up all alone Smiley
Everything's better with Magitek
Yes, you'll fly into SLC; it's about a 20-minute drive from my house. We'll probably create a separate thread to get people's flight info. Once we have that, we can arrange airport pickups/dropoffs.