page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 ... 9, 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Isaq21:
Quote from CatlyNat:
So I succeeded in doing Early Mount Pajamaja (by clipping OoB in that one hardass spot, I got it in like a minute c: ) and I found out that when you go in the first Dream World in Mount Pajamama, the little piece of rock that you need to enter Pajamaja suddenly moves the the spot where it is after completing Wakeport.

So yeah. Nothing new, kind of a useless post, but I thought I'd mention that the rock moves. Man, we need an easy Early Mount Pajamaja :c

Did you use the enemy method or was it actually possible without?

I didn't use the enemy. That was how I discovered the clip, I didn't use an enemy and clipped OoB with Mario. Seems like you need to be in a very specific angle with Mario and Luigi.

I also found out that skipping Wakeport might be useless. I'll have to get as far as possible to find out. The Luiginary Generator thingy still can't collapse in Mount Pajamaja which makes some things different, and if the Luigi's still can't collapse at Dream's Deep, then that means the Wakeport is absolutely necessary. Sadly. Either that or we revive the first Pi'illo in Dozing Sands that gives you a Dozite since we can collapse after reviving this one.
I run too much Dream Team
Can be , that i understand that wrong , but you got Early Mount Payamaja in one Minute? Just wow. I think that was luck Tongue

If that wasn´t Luck and you got a Setup , Tell us about it. Also i need to learn the OoBs with Enemies , i kill myself i can´t get these Tongue

I see more Glitches Hype ? Smiley
Oh
Came back here after a year or so, and we can finally skip ALL of Dreamy Pajamaja? So stoked. That place is such a timesink.

I have to say, it's a little difficult keeping track of all the skips we've found, useless or otherwise. What's the current route at the moment? Because of all the possibilities being thrown around it's a little tough to keep track of what we have and haven't found, but as far as I can tell it's something like...

Pi'illo Castle > Early Mt. Pajamaja (until Spin Drill...or maybe Bros. Ball?) > Unlock the third Pajamaja warp pipe > Mushrise Park (by necessity, just to pass through) > Early Driftwood > Dreamy Driftwood > Escape Driftwood with the pipe > Skip Ultibed, rescue Bedsmith >  Enter Somnom > Proceed as usual

...Right? Or do we still need to deal with Mushrise Park and Dozing Sands before Early Pajamaja? Either way, it'll be good to know what to look for. I'll see what I can find too.
CHOKES
I can't answer much of the route, but you do need to complete Dozing Sands, because the bridge isn't there before.
Edit history:
Isaq21: 2016-02-05 03:31:31 am
I have way too much free time
Quote from Anwonu:
I can't answer much of the route, but you do need to complete Dozing Sands, because the bridge isn't there before.

Well... It is actually possible to use an enemy to get OOB in that area and go back without the bridge.

About keeping track of the skips, PedalPowerLuigi AKA Toast made this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vilkn98gmgQcuVVSt13FOCUwK6teP4lcRBSyieTYLog/edit?usp=sharing
That file should make it a bit easier keeping track of things, but it would be nice having something everyone can contribute to without risk for trolls and too much clutter. The file isn't complete either. One addition to it should be wheather or not a OOB requires Spin/Drill

And we really need to get to routing since we've just found a ton of glitches and skips but no real way of knowing when to use them in a run.
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2016-02-05 04:39:15 am
CatlyNat: 2016-02-05 04:34:28 am
Please ignore dumb typos. I'm way too lazy to edit them out when I'm on mobile. Too annoying.

Quote from Marvjungs:
Can be , that i understand that wrong , but you got Early Mount Payamaja in one Minute? Just wow. I think that was luck Tongue

If that wasn´t Luck and you got a Setup , Tell us about it. Also i need to learn the OoBs with Enemies , i kill myself i can´t get these Tongue

I see more Glitches Hype ? Smiley

It was a small set-up. I did the exact same thing as I did when I did it the first time. Either way the set-up I used for this is luck based, and unless someone finds a GOOD set-up and not the garbage pixel perfect Set-up I have would be good.

Oh, and to answer your question: in an area with an enemy, many corners have potential OoB if you use the enemy. Let's take Pi'illo Castle as an example. In that large area with dozens of Gromba's, they all walk in a circle. When you walk up to the ledge of the circle something you should notice is the fact that there's a bunch of corners. In many if these, you can have Mario clip OoB. In some, even Luigi, meaning you can skip a "puzzle" doing this (which wastes a minute, I have done it before though.) Basically, walk in the direction of the corner. Keep walking. When an enemy goes right into you and you enter a battle, you flee. Right after fleeing, BEFORE THE AREA IS RELOADED, walk into the corner like you did before entering the battle. If the corner has an OoB using enemies, you should be able to clip OoB with Mario. In many occasions I found myself having to use the Enemy to clip Luigi OoB too. So yeah, I hope this helped you c:

Quote from KaiserGrimley:
Came back here after a year or so, and we can finally skip ALL of Dreamy Pajamaja? So stoked. That place is such a timesink.

I have to say, it's a little difficult keeping track of all the skips we've found, useless or otherwise. What's the current route at the moment? Because of all the possibilities being thrown around it's a little tough to keep track of what we have and haven't found, but as far as I can tell it's something like...

Pi'illo Castle > Early Mt. Pajamaja (until Spin Drill...or maybe Bros. Ball?) > Unlock the third Pajamaja warp pipe > Mushrise Park (by necessity, just to pass through) > Early Driftwood > Dreamy Driftwood > Escape Driftwood with the pipe > Skip Ultibed, rescue Bedsmith >  Enter Somnom > Proceed as usual

...Right? Or do we still need to deal with Mushrise Park and Dozing Sands before Early Pajamaja? Either way, it'll be good to know what to look for. I'll see what I can find too.

The only useful skips right now is Pajamaja Skip. Pajamaja Early is way too inconsistent. Though once you're walking in the right direction on the right pixel you literally get Mario OoB within a minute. Still, too inconsistent. And the Pajamaja Early Early, well, I have gotten Mario OoB once but didn't save. Basically, I accidentally went back in bounds and can't confirm if it's exactly possible ^^'

My route I used for my PB was:

Blimport > Castle > Mushrise > Dozing > Wakeport > Mount Paja skip > Early Driftwood > Ball Hop > Bedsmith > Somnom > Slingsniper > Pi'illodium & Dreamy Somnom > Bowser's skip > Credits.

Not to mention only a single part had Fretzi's route because I don't like using routes created by others. With this sub 8 hours is possible, sub 7:50 might be barely possible.
Also, I'd like to mention Ball Hop is impossible unless we activate the Ultibed Quest. Despite being in that area, nope. Sadly. Oh, and you can't get out of Pajamaja if we do it right after Pi'illo Castle. The game would more than likely do what the Hammer does; simply jump. This MAYBE softlock at the Spin Jump tutorial, would absolutely softlock at Side Drill, and going OoB to go to that pipe in the room would also softlock the game; you can't get back to the pipe neither can you go back to the start.

Or, in othter words; Early Mount Pajamaja right after Pi'illo Castle = Useless.
Oh, and something else. The very first Dreamworld of Mount Pajamaja is ABSOLUTELY necessary. You can't change form if you don't have this done, wasting a shit ton of time. (Can't transform into a cone, making Seabelle's Dream Egg impossible as the game gives you no way of doing this area without the Luiginary Cone.) Oh, and doing the second dreamworld is probably faster than doing Early Side Drill; remember, the gate is blocked. It's faster to unlock the gate so that we can just pass right through it. Faster than going all the way to the top just to enter a pipe at the least.
Sorry for this long-ass post ^^'
Oh
Thanks, that helps a lot!
Quote from CatlyNat:
This MAYBE softlock at the Spin Jump tutorial, would absolutely softlock at Side Drill, and going OoB to go to that pipe in the room would also softlock the game; you can't get back to the pipe neither can you go back to the start.
Oh, and doing the second dreamworld is probably faster than doing Early Side Drill; remember, the gate is blocked. It's faster to unlock the gate so that we can just pass right through it. Faster than going all the way to the top just to enter a pipe at the least.
Sorry for this long-ass post ^^'

Wait, isn't the pipe on Mt. Pajamaja the one we unlock to get out of Driftwood? I thought we need to activate it, then leave the mountain on foot. I'm going to guess the softlock is because you need the Hammer prompts to physically reach the pipe, at least, but... It sounds like you'd need to open the gate either way.
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2016-02-06 05:07:27 am
CatlyNat: 2016-02-06 05:04:38 am
Quote from KaiserGrimley:
Thanks, that helps a lot!
-Catly quoted-
Wait, isn't the pipe on Mt. Pajamaja the one we unlock to get out of Driftwood? I thought we need to activate it, then leave the mountain on foot. I'm going to guess the softlock is because you need the Hammer prompts to physically reach the pipe, at least, but... It sounds like you'd need to open the gate either way.

I'm talking about the Green Pipe in the second room if Mpunt Pajamaja–about if you do it without collecting Spin Jump/Side Drill ^^' We just enter the Gold pipe and then leave Pajamaja yeah, no softlocks involved. Well, except one, if you try to get out of Mount Pajamaja after entering the pipe and you go to the LEFT to leave on foot, you softlock the game because of a cutscene. You need to go to the right and jump off of the ledge if you don't want a softlock. Other than that, no softlocks involved with the Golden Pipe ^^'

-edit-
If we do Early Pajamaja, the first Pi'illo that holds a Dozite must be entered. You don't have to revive them, but you need to do a tutorial in order to be able to collapse – don't do this and you are stuck in Driftwood Shore, wasting a shit ton of time. (Having to go to Dozing Sands all the way from Mount Pajamaja, and then back to Mushrise in order to get Storage) Why stuck in Driftwood? Well, not exactly stuck stuck, but more like, we can't talk to Seabelle and get the first Dream Egg. You can't collapse with the Luiginary Cone and there's no Spawn Point for the top area.
Wow. Alot of OoB have been discovered during my inactivity... I think we should organize the tonne of glitches and try to make a route, because that's a bit confusing xd. I didn't read all the new messages yet, I completely forgot which glitches need to be found and what's the current route...
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2016-02-13 08:37:00 am
Quote from Ownesy:
Wow. Alot of OoB have been discovered during my inactivity... I think we should organize the tonne of glitches and try to make a route, because that's a bit confusing xd. I didn't read all the new messages yet, I completely forgot which glitches need to be found and what's the current route...

Quote from CatlyNat:
Blimport > Castle > Mushrise > Dozing > Wakeport > Mount Paja skip > Early Driftwood > Ball Hop > Bedsmith > Somnom > Slingsniper > Pi'illodium & Dreamy Somnom > Bowser's skip > Credits.

That was my route for my PB. I don't know, it might be bad, but meh. All I'd like to find though, is an easy version of Early Pajamaja lol.
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2016-05-31 04:01:34 am

Back on the game. RNG Based skip, but I'd like to Doze Early. No way out so far though... BibleThump
Hey y'all, live a little, it's been long since people replied here. Sad

Now I'm just looking for a way back

edit- Impossible to do with Luigi because of Luigi's properties. -_- R.I.P.
Edit history:
Isaq21: 2016-06-18 08:12:23 am
Well... Im back to this game again. While I was going to halp a guy on youtube with restoring his save after separating Mario and Luigi, I found one very intresting glitch. It is basically a way to store/cancel abilities such as spin/drill/hammer/ball with different effects.
The way you do this is by getting out of bounds in an area with one of the rainbow spring thingys and then waling into the loading-zone for those springs while using an ability. Based on your timing, you can either store or cancel the effect of the ability.

For instance, if you walk into the loading-zone with Mario and Luigi standing on eachother (with spin/drill) you will be walking slowly and unable to switch from jump to hammers/spin jump etc. When you enter a battle, one of the bros may teleport slightly
up into the air. If you instead walk to a diffrent area, you will switch to either spin or drill form(based on which of them you used)
The intresting part however, is that you will still have the ability to jump... also if you manage to split up by going into a pipe or a short cutscene you will spit up again but Mario's animations will be bugged.

I will be making a document where I'll write down all the effects but right now my savefile is gone because I saved OoB in an area where im surrounded by invisible walls ;-;
Video (with absolutly terrible quality): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BybQ4CVL578yTEFtd09yRDlFNzQ/view?usp=sharing
That's interesting. Tried to store hammer as Mini Mario, crashed the game :3
I'll definitely want to play around with this. I need to go to Pajamaja and get the abilities though, I'm only at Wakeport >_< Guess I have a reason to go super sonic speed again
Isaq's thing reminds of that trick you can do by entering a loading zone from OoB in a certain way. The easiest spot I recall is inside the Wakeport house with the pipe to the Pi'illo collector. You can go OoB with Ball there using the NPC. If you try to do Mole Mario just as you walk towards the loading zone he disappears in the next room and the game gets stuck. Probably same thing as this one except easier. Might have some potential for breaking the game more, who knows. Neat find regardless Smiley
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2016-07-29 03:49:57 pm
Quote from Isaq21:
About keeping track of the skips, PedalPowerLuigi AKA Toast made this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vilkn98gmgQcuVVSt13FOCUwK6teP4lcRBSyieTYLog/edit?usp=sharing
That file should make it a bit easier keeping track of things, but it would be nice having something everyone can contribute to without risk for trolls and too much clutter. The file isn't complete either. One addition to it should be wheather or not a OOB requires Spin/Drill

And we really need to get to routing since we've just found a ton of glitches and skips but no real way of knowing when to use them in a run.

Since PedalPowerLuigi ain't updating the sheets I decided to make a "copy" and edit it/finish it. I REALLY need to get back to this game though...I guess I'll be back after I finish DBZ and am back up-to-date in DBS. Ain't gonna go get my Ball Hop and mess around with this new glitch before getting to the current DBS. Probably this week though looking at my speed with DBZ.

I only have edited one thing in the "copy" of the sheets; I also wish to add more things to it (such as routes and stuff). The edit is "Room north from entrance", the clip I originally found. The 'BRC Required?" said "?", though I can confirm it does not require BRC in any way. It's a trillion times easier with it, but I originally found the clip without BRC.
I can also confirm what happens if you get the clip without entering Wakeport at all. (Got the clip twice, second time on a fresh file that didn't enter Wakeport) You can't advance in the first Giant Pi'illo, and trying to finish Driftwood Shore is impossible if you do Spin Drill. You must complete the tutorial on how to use the Luiginary Tower, either that or just enter Wakeport Big Massif's Dream World. Jesus, we are so lucky that we for some reason get the ability to press the R button in his dream. He really is "Big Beef" in helping us lol.

Also would like to say there's another Pajamaja Clip Type (AKA Extremely precise but possible without BRC) in Mushrise Park. In the room where you obtain Red Shells, all the way to the right, between the two mushrooms (yes they are mushrooms), you can clip. It's so precise though. I keep finding these stupid precise clips >_<

Link to the copy of the sheets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1quuLTPX0h5pTsSMGGP_UIIvaPo8tkgutTJGBl1zkWxI/pubhtml

Also would like to ask, what should I add besides Glitches/Sequence Breaks/OOB Spots? I already decided to do these:
-Routes (Any%, Any% Glitchless, 100% (because I like long categories), Low% (yeah right), All Attacks, All Bosses, True All Bosses, Hooraw% (lol))
-Bosses/Enemies (Mostly for the drops, but also stats, weaknesses and most effective attacks)
-ALL softlocks
-List of softlocks that can interfere with some routes (Most notably Dreamy Bowser Crash...f*** you Bowser)
-Maps

That's all I can think of that I'll add. Should anything else be added?

-Edit
Edited the OoB Spots (more like remade) and is listed as "OoB Spots (WiP)". I need feedback; does it look okay? Or does it look DansGame
i think that document will be really helpful. also when the document is done with the routes or something , i will surely come back at that point. also after the routes , the mods should finally add these categories on the leaderboardsl

To your question: what you counted for the document should be added. Dunno if there is more. the document will be at the end have a lot of content. also if you need some help , you can ask me as well Smiley
So I have a question about the previous route before Mount Paja Skip changed the route (into rng hell... *** you Dreamy Bowser, as I said...I'm listening to the final boss theme as I'm writing this when I think about it WutFace ); why do we do Grobot? Is it actually faster to beat him or...? In my PB I simply skipped him and I don't really see why defeat Grobot. I've been wondering about this for a while now
Anwonu skipped him in his pb too. i don´t think it has disadvantages to skip him , you are probably only 1 level lower but not sure. But afaik we beat him fast so like 1 level you get pretty fast means more power for the later bosses.
Quote from Marvjungs:
But afaik we beat him fast so like 1 level you get pretty fast means more power for the later bosses.

But you would (probably) be the same level at for example Pi'illodium or Dreamy Bowser even if you do him, and if you don't. You'd only be 300EXP lower. I should pay a little attention to the EXP... Good idea Catly, I'ma do that from now on. PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION.
if that is true , you can skip him indeed.
I made my own version of that document a while ago too, it has a few things you could add to yours since I'm not updating mine.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TRoiBjl4rr2IlyX4ZJrHA8296MAwYHfAC7Pt_ZQ6ebc/edit?usp=sharing
Kinda ended up forgetting about the sheet, meh. I guess I could make mine public for editing if you're willing to give your email addresses or something to me. Might get around to DT(B) sometime soon (™) Citra might get support for CRO soon which will allow DTB to run and test more stuff with cheats.
Citra support would really be useful, especially since it would be much easier to keep multiple save-files at diffrent parts of the game and using cheats to find out if things are useful before we know how to do them and stuff like that.

Also, giving editing rights for the document to the most active and other trustworthy people would be nice because then the owner of the document doesn't always have to be active in this thread to keep it up to date.
It would also make it alot easier to just add something small like a softlock, without having to make a post here.

If anyone of you need my email, just PM me since I don't want to post it here.
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2016-08-01 06:26:27 am
I made a new email a day or two ago purely for Dream Team stuff because I'm really weird...(mlrpgshi@gmail.com) that said the sheets I posted above isn't the one I'm working with. I'm now working with this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-A28Ch-2x-hIrgm6QxVcWW9NDPg_Ivh3vZ63pnr8XOo/pubhtml
I've updated the Sequence Breaks and listed those I can think of, though haven't added any videos because I'm lazy.

Also about Isaq's sheets at OoB Spots, in Pi'illo Castle it's entirely possible to clip OoB with only jumps. It's pretty easy once you know how, though it's a pain in the ass if you don't...

I completely forgot Citra was a thing also
Quote from CatlyNat:
Also about Isaq's sheets at OoB Spots, in Pi'illo Castle it's entirely possible to clip OoB with only jumps. It's pretty easy once you know how, though it's a pain in the ass if you don't...

I know how to get Mario OoB with only jumps but I put it that way because I couldn't find a way to get Luigi OoB without Spin Jump (I don't remember if it's possible with Ball Hop but you can't get that early enough for it to be useful anyways)