--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I run too much Dream Team
Oh yeah. Then we need an Antasma Skip or the Antasma Battle will kill us Tongue
CHOKES
Soo.. about Isaq's video.. does that mean that we can use another way to get Dozing Sands skip? I tried a few times, and while it seems a bit luck based and maybe slower (I guess it depends how long it takes you to clip both), some people might prefer it over the double jump (*coughmecough*).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vilkn98gmgQcuVVSt13FOCUwK6teP4lcRBSyieTYLog/edit?usp=sharing

I felt like the sr.c pages were a bit of a mess so I started this. It's still wip and spent like 2 hours, but I guess I'll add to it as we go on. Thoughts?
I have way too much free time
Quote from Anwonu:
Soo.. about Isaq's video.. does that mean that we can use another way to get Dozing Sands skip? I tried a few times, and while it seems a bit luck based and maybe slower (I guess it depends how long it takes you to clip both), some people might prefer it over the double jump (*coughmecough*).

Yea, I have a much easier time doing my skip since I'm really bad at button-mashing but some people might still prefer the double-jump method. I just posted it as an alternative.
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2015-12-15 03:54:57 am
First clip to get into the high spot:

Second clip to get into the Warp Pipe:

You don't have to activate the cutscene. You'll softlock if you try to leave by going to the entrance to the left, but going to the right you'll just fall and be able to escape faster. And it's faster than just leaving normally.

Fun fact: you can get some OP gear when you do this. Man, I love me some OP Defense gear. Mario's at 25 Def while Luigi is at 91. Wow, just wow. But yeah, that is what I'm currently doing. The annoying part, Early Drill might be slower if we go by this strategy.

Now to do stuff in my house and then start learning battle strategies...
Quote from CatlyNat:
First clip to get into the high spot:

Second clip to get into the Warp Pipe:

You don't have to activate the cutscene. You'll softlock if you try to leave by going to the entrance to the left, but going to the right you'll just fall and be able to escape faster. And it's faster than just leaving normally.

Fun fact: you can get some OP gear when you do this. Man, I love me some OP Defense gear. Mario's at 25 Def while Luigi is at 91. Wow, just wow. But yeah, that is what I'm currently doing. The annoying part, Early Drill might be slower if we go by this strategy.

Now to do stuff in my house and then start learning battle strategies...

It will be cool if you post a Video how you do that as soon as possible. That i can see how the Clip works Smiley Thx
I found 2 sets of OoB's in Mount Paja's snow areas. The first one is obsoleted by the double jump due to the way the room is designed, but the other one can be used from the west room to skip the second Massif guiding room, probably useless but meh...

I also managed to get Luigi OoB in the Driftwood Shore room, but right after clipping there's a shitty invisible wall I have yet to manage to get past Sad

Visiting the Ultibed room early to get the gold pipe is a pretty interesting idea. We can use the same pipe to also get Ball Hop and Slingsniper I guess...?
CHOKES
Maybe we would if we could. Unless the other pipes are unlocked in some way, I think the only time we'd be able to use a pipe is in Somnom Woods (and Bowser's Castle once it's down, but no reason to use it, I guess?). And then, Pajamaja would be the only option, since Driftwood is blocked.
Quote from Anwonu:
Maybe we could if we would. Unless the other pipes are unlocked in some way, I think the only time we'd be able to use a pipe is in Somnom Woods (and Bowser's Castle once it's down, but no reason to use it, I guess?). And then, Pajamaja would be the only option, since Driftwood is blocked.

Funny, it'd be pretty much useless to use Somnom Woods' pipes. If AlphaDream wasn't so dumb and put a Warp Pipe in the beginning of Somnom Woods... that'd be awesome. unless we find a way to place ANY sprite ANYWHERE you want, it'd be useless to take the Warp Pipe. So yeah, once finishing Driftwood, it's all about walking.

I think this needs timing. With the extra walking, and no Hammer for Antasma (We can still use Wall which I think, not sure but think is pretty good too) it might be slightly faster to do Mount Pajamaja normally. If it is that'd be shocking. Maybe the idea I had is only ~10 minutes faster. But I doubt it's half a hour faster.
Edit history:
Isaq21: 2015-12-16 12:10:04 am
I actually have an alternative to those two clips, I'll post some pictures/a video whenever I can (hopefully tomorrow)
btw. Can someone explain how the OoB with Enemies works?
Quote from Pedalpowerluigi:
But right, how does this trick exactly work? Well from what I understand, you need a rounded wall of some kind, seems to be better if it's an invisible wall between two other walls like so:

Simply get hit by an enemy and while escaping, just hold towards the wall and as the area loads, you should be clipped inside. From there just wiggle around different spots and hope you can get Luigi with you. Sometimes you might need to do the same with Luigi to get him to clip inside too which sucks.

Quote from Marvjungs:
btw. Can someone explain how the OoB with Enemies works?

IMO this is easier than Block Clipping tbh.
Edit history:
Marvjungs: 2015-12-19 10:40:31 am
i see , someone posted how it works. I forgot that.
So yeah, apparently the Bye-Bye Cannon (I'm not sure of it's name) is really good for Dreamy Bowser, but apparently it can also crash your game. I was trying to defeat Dreamy Bowser a couple days ago and I died so I decided to go to Easy Mode because I wanted to get over it.

Apparently, when you use the Bye-Bye Cannon on his head, and he runs out of HP before the first 6 jumps ends you attack his left/right hand. But when you attack his left/right hand after he has no more HP left, the game for some reason decides to crash.

Maybe useless information, but I'd just like to say there's a way to crash the game. I may post a video of it (after I get back to Bowser) later this week.

Also, I have a question. Isn't side drill a faster movement then walking? Since a while now I've been using Side Drill nearly every where and when there's a corner or I am about to leave a room I just stop Side Drilling and start walking a little bit before leaving a room, and I've been trying to see what a good moment is to Side Drill. With Side Drill, Somnom Woods is so far the only one that I have a complete strategy that excludes bosses. (I'm too lazy to check out the strategy) I'm used to using the Side Drill all the time and I really am wondering, is it even faster?
I think it is faster but i am not sure. Maybe we need a Frame per Frame Comparsion?
Edit history:
Isaq21: 2015-12-30 08:21:32 pm
Isaq21: 2015-12-30 08:21:29 pm
Isaq21: 2015-12-30 08:21:29 pm
Isaq21: 2015-12-30 07:27:30 pm
Isaq21: 2015-12-30 07:27:22 pm
Isaq21: 2015-12-30 07:27:21 pm
Isaq21: 2015-12-30 07:26:19 pm
Isaq21: 2015-12-30 07:25:31 pm
Just to keep the thread alive:

I found most of these quite a while ago, I was just thinking if it might be possible to go get the spin jump/drill before getting the hammers because these ways (atleast the first one) are much faster than the method we currently use. Probably won't be very useful but I still wanted to post it.

I'm sorry for not posting the alternate ways to get to the golden warp pipe in Mount Pajamaja like I promised, I'm having alot of trouble getting the video of it onto my computer.
Quote from Isaq21:
I found most of these quite a while ago, I was just thinking if it might be possible to go get the spin jump/drill before getting the hammers because these ways (atleast the first one) are much faster than the method we currently use. Probably won't be very useful but I still wanted to post it.

Actually, I'm fairly certain that it would be completely useless in a speedrun. Not 100% sure, but from seeing what happens with Mini/Mole Mario before obtaining hammers (which is easily possible), I am at least 90% sure.
If you get the Mini/Mole Mario before obtaining hammers, you can't actually switch with the R button. You will have it unlocked, but you need to obtain the hammers before you can actually use it. You don't softlock in the tutorial, but you can't use it at all until you get Hammers.

Doing Early Drill before getting the Spin thing, the same happens. Except, this time you will softlock, because after the cutscene the game puts you in an area where it's impossible to get out without Side Drill. Now, since this is a secondary command and not a main one I'm not 100% sure if it wouldn't work. But I'm fairly certain it wouldn't. I should test this.
Did a run yesterday, which was pretty much WR Pace until Pi'illodibitch. I found out that thr skip in Wakeport (skipping a small tutorial) is slower than just doing it normally.

And it seems that my set-up of doing Driftwood early (by activating a pipe) is around 20-50 minutes faster than doing it normally (which is why I was at WR Pace.). Seems it's not a big deal that we don't have pipes, it's only 5 minutes extra walking.

Something else, btw. Might be useless information. But this saves around 10 seconds, 15 if you do it really fast.

When you walk up a slope, and you are walking to the right, press left and immediately press right. You apparently are much faster when Luigi is closer to Mario. Doesn't work in the Dream World, though EleGiggle

Final thing. I timed walking vs. side drill. Apprently side drill is a few frames slower ;~;
Edit history:
Isaq21: 2016-01-11 07:56:14 am
Isaq21: 2016-01-11 07:39:37 am
Isaq21: 2016-01-11 07:01:02 am
Isaq21: 2016-01-11 07:00:39 am
Alternate way to get to the golden pipe:

The first one is pretty easy, just walk of the platform and just when you're about to fall off, hold up-left and it should work eventually.
The second one is pretty useless since marvjung's way is easier and it's extremely hard to get Luigi OOB with my method.
Yep. The first Glitch is very easy. My Problem is , i don´t get the OoB with Enemies Sad
Edit history:
Marvjungs: 2016-01-15 01:35:19 pm
Quote from CatlyNat:
Did a run yesterday, which was pretty much WR Pace until Pi'illodibitch. I found out that thr skip in Wakeport (skipping a small tutorial) is slower than just doing it normally.

And it seems that my set-up of doing Driftwood early (by activating a pipe) is around 20-50 minutes faster than doing it normally (which is why I was at WR Pace.). Seems it's not a big deal that we don't have pipes, it's only 5 minutes extra walking.

Something else, btw. Might be useless information. But this saves around 10 seconds, 15 if you do it really fast.

When you walk up a slope, and you are walking to the right, press left and immediately press right. You apparently are much faster when Luigi is closer to Mario. Doesn't work in the Dream World, though EleGiggle

Final thing. I timed walking vs. side drill. Apprently side drill is a few frames slower ;~;

Can you post a Video of your things? It would help me a lot Smiley
Quote from Marvjungs:
Yep. The first Glitch is very easy. My Problem is , i don´t get the OoB with Enemies Sad

Its a tiny, tiny area on the right side of the rock, a bit to the right of a small corner and if you want both bros to get OOB (which is possible) you have to get Mario completly OOB without moving Luigi too much, there is a little corner and if you move him past that, its pretty much impossible to get him back.
Once you find the spot, clipping with Mario should be somewhat consistant though
Quote from Isaq21:
Quote from Marvjungs:

Its a tiny, tiny area on the right side of the rock, a bit to the right of a small corner and if you want both bros to get OOB (which is possible) you have to get Mario completly OOB without moving Luigi too much, there is a little corner and if you move him past that, its pretty much impossible to get him back.
Once you find the spot, clipping with Mario should be somewhat consistant though

I don´t say it to that one Glitch. I mean every OoB w/ Enemies. Have anyone Tips how i can that a kind of that ooB really fast? Smiley
So I succeeded in doing Early Mount Pajamaja (by clipping OoB in that one hardass spot, I got it in like a minute c: ) and I found out that when you go in the first Dream World in Mount Pajamama, the little piece of rock that you need to enter Pajamaja suddenly moves the the spot where it is after completing Wakeport.

So yeah. Nothing new, kind of a useless post, but I thought I'd mention that the rock moves. Man, we need an easy Early Mount Pajamaja :c
Quote from CatlyNat:
So I succeeded in doing Early Mount Pajamaja (by clipping OoB in that one hardass spot, I got it in like a minute c: ) and I found out that when you go in the first Dream World in Mount Pajamama, the little piece of rock that you need to enter Pajamaja suddenly moves the the spot where it is after completing Wakeport.

So yeah. Nothing new, kind of a useless post, but I thought I'd mention that the rock moves. Man, we need an easy Early Mount Pajamaja :c

Did you use the enemy method or was it actually possible without?