Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
(I'm Earthquat. Apparently CatlyNat was taken, and when I tried to log-in as CatlyNat it worked. So apparently I already had this account and forgot about it -_-)

Currently I'm trying something... rather odd. I found another potential OoB in Mount Pajamaja, in the very beginning area. I want to see what happens when we access Mount Pajamaja and obtain the Spin Dash & Spin Drill before we even visit Mushrise Park just once. It's another hard OoB, but this time it's like a SUPER early Mount Pajamaja lol. It might softlock the game, maybe crash, maybe we suddenly obtain hammers at the same time we get Spin Dash, or maybe the commands get glitched out and we get all the normal commands or even get every single command including glitched. I'm so looking forward to seeing what happens. I just hope it won't break the game.

With these two OoB the whole route may and will have to be different, though. I mean, no Bros. Attacks until we finish Mount Pajamaja... I'll post a picture of where this OoB is located soon. Though I'll have to use my phone to take a picture of it, because I got banned on MiiVerse for saying my E-Mail lol. I'll also update this post/post a new post which says what happens/happened when you get the Spin Dash/Spin Drill before we obtain the Hammer.

If everything goes well, we can completely skip both complete Mushrise Park (except for the fact we need Bros. Attacks...), complete Dozing Sands, AND Wakeport now, which would save around 2-3 hours if doing the OOB fast. So that lowers the time down to 5-6 hours. Wow. I am seriously hoping that this will work now... We are skipping Beneath Pi'illo Castle now, so we may not be able to finish Mount Pajamaja either way. Unless, y'know, the commands get glitchy when getting Spin Dash. ;P
CHOKES
I haven't even done the other OoBs yet. I hate this kind of OoB, I don't know how I should be moving. Any tips? =p
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2015-11-25 11:33:22 am
Quote from Anwonu:
I haven't even done the other OoBs yet. I hate this kind of OoB, I don't know how I should be moving. Any tips? =p

It does depend on which OoB you're talking about. I mean the Mount Pajamaja clip looks luck-based; I have literally no idea how I got it in less than 2 minutes and now I really, REALLY can't redo this. No tips here lol.

If talking about the clip in Pi'illo Castle, that one is pretty easy imo. Once you know your movements then it's all about consitency in Pi'illo Castle clip. I'll try to record a video which shows the right movements in this one. All I can say is that the hardest part is Luigi getting OoB too, but when Mario is running to the left and Luigi trying to get OoB, stop running and jump. Then run to the left/down and Luigi might clip OoB. At least that's how I do it now.

All I can say about Mount Pajamaja clips is that they are a pain in the ass to do.
CHOKES
For the Pi'illo Castle one, it seems you can get OoB because of the block. So if someone wants to test it easier, get a file with spin formation, and you can get it very easily. (Go south from the left side, you'll see the clip very easily.)
For the Pajamaja one, I still haven't seen any clipping, unfortunately.
Edit history:
Ownesy: 2015-11-26 12:51:51 am
Ownesy: 2015-11-26 12:51:30 am
Pajamaja one is obviously really difficult. I tried to do it for like 1 hour and I didn't even clip Mario. As Catly said before, that might be luck-based. Pajamaja one is obviously really difficult. I tried to do it for like 1 hour and I didn't even clip Mario. And for the Pi'illo one, I only clipped Mario but can't do the same for Luigi. And yeah if you can do a video to show the moves... ^^  That could be helpful. I'll be grinding that stupid OoB (Pajamaja) today if I have time.
Edit history:
Isaq21: 2015-11-26 02:25:50 am
Isaq21: 2015-11-26 02:25:47 am
Isaq21: 2015-11-26 02:25:46 am
I have way too much free time
You are really starting to find stuff again and that means that I should start looking for stuff again. One thing I can hopefully post here sometime this week is a clip in mount pajamaja that hopefully might be a small timesaver, alotough I don't know if we even get to that spot with the new route we'll have.
(also that oob in Pi'illo Castle was one of the glitches I was talking about earlier that I ultimatly deemed useless since I couldn't get completly oob with it no matter how much I tried but I'm still sorry for not posting it.)
Edit history:
Ownesy: 2015-11-27 04:48:17 am
Ok so, I tried the Pi'illo OoB and after all, that's not that hard. But sadly, after you got OoB, there's an edge which is blocking you. I didn't find a way to bypass it and then be free to go around the room. So, I don't think this OoB could be useful, but I maybe failed something. Whatever, I tried the Pajamaja OoB (again and again) and I didn't get it tho Sad You've been really lucky to find the OoB Catly... Btw, if you can post a pic or a video of the other OoB you found as soon as possible, that would be nice.
Just an other way for Pi'iilos OoB :

PS ; Sorry for double post :s
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2015-11-27 01:59:59 pm
CatlyNat: 2015-11-27 01:58:40 pm
CatlyNat: 2015-11-27 01:56:26 pm
Quote from Ownesy:
Ok so, I tried the Pi'illo OoB and after all, that's not that hard. But sadly, after you got OoB, there's an edge which is blocking you. I didn't find a way to bypass it and then be free to go around the room. So, I don't think this OoB could be useful, but I maybe failed something. Whatever, I tried the Pajamaja OoB (again and again) and I didn't get it tho Sad You've been really lucky to find the OoB Catly... Btw, if you can post a pic or a video of the other OoB you found as soon as possible, that would be nice.

Yeah... about that other OoB... it's another one that is slightly easier than the first Pajamaja OoB I found... but is also super duper hard. I'll post a picture tomorrow. Unless I find an easier OoB in the same room. What I think is that the corners where Mario is wiggling while moving, you can usually go OoB at these paces but most of the time it's extremely hard, and I got lucky to find both of the two. I literally got it in less than 1 minute of running on that wall and I can't redo it a second time. I really have no idea how I did the OoB, in fact, to be COMPLETELY honest, I'm not 100% sure (I am at least 80%) if the picture I posted was the location of the OoB. I'll look if I can find another OoB in that same room.

Currently I think it's better we stay with Beef Cloud strategy. This OoB is just way too hard. For a segmented run it probably would be better to take the OoB, but single-segment, it's a really risky thing which might just waste 2 hours of your time and be slower than just defeating the Hooraws, but if you're lucky, it would be an awesome WR time save if you do take the risk and get it as fast as I did when I first tried walking in that specific spot and then going OoB.

Either way, all I can currently pray for is that I'll find an easier OoB (and that we can skip Giant Bowser (if you're wondering why Giant Bowser, read below lol)). Looking at my luck with the two hard af OoBs I found, I might find an easier one.

Now, the reason I want a Giant Bowser skip more than Early Mount Pajamaja is this:
If we find a complete early Somnom Woods, in the first Somnom Woods area and the second, we can finish Somnom Woods early. Somnom Woods is completely possible without the Ball Hop, except we only need it at the beginning.
Finding this would mean we could skip most of Mount Pajamaja, all of Driftwood Shore and the whole Ultibed thing altogether. Except, we need to do Driftwood Shore completely and start the Ultibed thing. We need the Luiginary Ball for Giant Bowser. If we find both Early Somnom Woods AND a Giant Bowser skip, we could skip literally all of Driftwood Shore.

Now, if that is being found we could change the strategy to this:
Pi'illo Blimport > Pi'illo Castle > Mount Pajamaja > Beneath Pi'illo Castle > Somnom Woods > Neo Bowser Castle.
That definitely is faster than doing a lot of stuff. That is my dream Strategy, from Pi'illo Castle to Mount Pajamaja for the Spin Dash/Spin Drill to Somnom Woods... That's why I want Giant Bowser skip more than early Mount Pajamaja. Tongue
Sorry for this long post lol.
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2015-11-29 09:04:16 am
CatlyNat: 2015-11-29 08:27:56 am
CatlyNat: 2015-11-29 08:25:32 am
CatlyNat: 2015-11-29 08:24:50 am
CatlyNat: 2015-11-29 08:24:36 am
CatlyNat: 2015-11-29 08:24:00 am
CatlyNat: 2015-11-29 07:18:34 am
Actually, on second thoughts, I'm staying away from Dream Team.
My 3DS Recharger somehow broke yesterday night. >_<

Edit:
Would I be (stupidly) insane for optimizing a 100% run of this game?

Edit 2:
I seem to have fixed my charger for my 3DS. Yay. Anyhow, how would 100% be? Getting all Beans and reviving all Pi'illos, sure. But my question is: for a 100%, would it be important to get all clothings and hit all blocks? It sure would be an interesting run that is RNG Based imo. Though long, extremely long. I'd say that with perfect RNG (which is TAS only...) we could get around 10-15 hours, but without RNG Manipulation it would take probably over 40 hours. I look forward to optimizing this lol. I just want a confirmation on whether a 100% run would need to get all Gears or not...

And yes, I WILL be insane enough to do a MLDT 100% run single-segment some day. One confirmation is free for you. :3 I am currently writing a list of Gears which would help me a lot. After I wrote down every single Gear in the game, I'll optimize when to (at least try) get it. And how to get to them, of course. I'll also list all, or at least most of the blocks. Eh.
Quote from CatlyNat:
And yes, I WILL be insane enough to do a MLDT 100% run single-segment some day. One confirmation is free for you. :3 I am currently writing a list of Gears which would help me a lot. After I wrote down every single Gear in the game, I'll optimize when to (at least try) get it. And how to get to them, of course. I'll also list all, or at least most of the blocks. Eh.

Well... good luck I guess.
I run too much Dream Team
I just registered me and saw a lots of Glitches they was posted here. So , this Game is currently not broken in my opinion. But hey , Early Pajamaja can be a nice skip if it´s a easy OoB but it isn´t. But now there are a few Points they i want to say.
1. If you do Early Pajamaja , you are maybe underlevel , means you have maybe don´t enough Power to defeat some bosses fast.
2. If you do Early Pajamaja , are the Massif brothers then there because Spinjump and the other Bros move ( idk the name atm )

That are the two Points that i want to say. Hopefull somebody will find a other early Pajamaja ( cuz it´s a hard OoB , i try it to get the OoB but it´s really hard)
Edit history:
CatlyNat: 2015-12-01 04:15:28 am
Quote from Marvjungs:
I just registered me and saw a lots of Glitches they was posted here. So , this Game is currently not broken in my opinion. But hey , Early Pajamaja can be a nice skip if it´s a easy OoB but it isn´t. But now there are a few Points they i want to say.
1. If you do Early Pajamaja , you are maybe underlevel , means you have maybe don´t enough Power to defeat some bosses fast.
2. If you do Early Pajamaja , are the Massif brothers then there because Spinjump and the other Bros move ( idk the name atm )

That are the two Points that i want to say. Hopefull somebody will find a other early Pajamaja ( cuz it´s a hard OoB , i try it to get the OoB but it´s really hard)

The Massaf Bros. will be there. There is no reason for the game to force you to wake up Big Massif; the game doesn't expect you to visit Mount Pajamaja to it's fullest before you wake him up; it's probably TAS-Only to get to Mt. Pajamaja without glitching. I think it's a VERY hard jump but I think it's possible; but TAS-Only. If anyone has made the jump that'd be awesome.
Edit history:
Marvjungs: 2015-12-01 01:10:26 pm
yeah. Early Mount Pajamaja will be awesome. We can save a lot of time there. And as you said the Massif bros. are there so it´s possible to get this early ( No i don´t tested it jet , cuz i am unable to perform it ) Can you maybe bescribe us how we can get OoB in Mount Pajamaja. Is it just walk against the wall or have we to do some stuufs like jumping? It will be nice if you can say us exactly what we have to do. A Video will be perfect. A run with this OoB will be can sub 8.

What Glitches are currently known:
Hammer early ( saves less then 5 Minutes , maybe 3 Minutes )
Grobot early ( saves 5 Minutes )
Dozing Sand Skip ( saves 30 Minutes )
Early Mount Pajamaja ( saves maybe 40+ Minutes )
Little Skip in Mount Pajamaja ( saves 2 Minutes )
Ultibed Skip ( saves 60 Minutes )
Somnom Tracks Skip ( saves 20 Minutes )
Skip of ~ 80% of Neo Bowser Castle  ( saves 50 Minutes )

So we have a Timesave atm of 177+ Minutes. It´s awesome.
I think we can break the Game so much as well that we can get a 6h Time.

I know it is a long Text , but i wanted to say this thing , that we have a summary of it.
So plz guys , find a other way for early Mount Pajamaja that is easy to perform.
AHAHAHAHA of course it was found....

Yeah, I'm currently trying to recreate it with no luck on my 1 hour of attempts. Enough with the "find another way" imo, if we figure out exactly how this clip works, it'll also help us find others like it. I've already had the thought of using solo Mario to make the OoB easier to do, but no luck with that either. Hopefully someone manages to record the actual clip sooner or later as CatlyQuatNat doesn't seem to be sure of the actual location of the clip when she saved. If it's some sort of sub pixel frameperfect bullshit, I guess we could try home buffering it.

But yeah, kinda wondering where the route will go from here. Guess we'll see when more experimentation is done.
Quote from Pedalpowerluigi:
If it's some sort of sub pixel frameperfect bullshit, I guess we could try home buffering it.

A little fyi, if it was subpixel shenanigans, buffering would probably not be enough. What you would need to do is find out if what, if anything, resets subpixel values then come up with a series of movements that would ensure your position is correct to allow you to perform the clip. Otherwise, subpixels are pretty much luck.

Only way you could even figure out subpixels would be through tools of some form (ie memory watch on emulators). Without tools you would have to find a setup through trial and error. A setup might not even be able to be found and you would have to just hope the subpixels are right. Assuming it is even subpixels.

I might take a go looking at it once I have access to a cart again which won't be for a while.
Edit history:
Anwonu: 2015-12-01 07:55:15 pm
Anwonu: 2015-12-01 07:16:19 pm
CHOKES
I got the clip https://twitter.com/Anwonu/status/671866791946244096
I might have found a way to clip consistently-ish, have clipped 3 times so far, and could bring both bros up there once. It's not very fast though, but hey, better than nothing.
Now I'm playing through the start to get there ASAP.
If it's really consistent, I'll stream and highlight it. It's a bit late today, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to.

Edit: you can get both OoB; after you get Mario OoB, head to the same place you got them up; Luigi can get OoB there too.
https://twitter.com/Anwonu/status/671884574683734017
<(^_^)>
Quote from TheMG2:
If it's some sort of sub pixel frameperfect bullshit, I guess we could try home buffering it.

A little fyi, if it was subpixel shenanigans, buffering would probably not be enough. What you would need to do is find out if what, if anything, resets subpixel values then come up with a series of movements that would ensure your position is correct to allow you to perform the clip. Otherwise, subpixels are pretty much luck.

good luck doing that with the 3ds circle pad without wedges
Quote from kirbymastah:
Quote from TheMG2:

good luck doing that with the 3ds circle pad without wedges

Walking is not the only form of movement in this game, but now that I think about it, I don't think you get access to any of them until after you would have done the skip. Also I want to say this game has leniency on what is considered dead left or dead up but it's been a while since I played it.

Anwonu sounds like he might have a solution anyways.
Speaking of jumping, I am not 100% sure but I MIGHT have gotten it through jumping. The thing that I am sure of though, is that I got the clip after setting up Luigi in a specific way. I tried walking away and then walking DIRECTLY into the corner with Luigi behind and I went from there and quickly got the clip. I'll try and see if this makes it any easier.

Also, this game sure is a damn troll... Nya~
http://www.twitch.tv/anwonu/v/28024570

For those who haven't seen, Anwo seems to have found a "setup" for it. Now what I'm curious about is, if Catly got it without messing with the enemy. When looking at the video, the enemy was gone so I can't tell. What I've confirmed so far is that you don't need to jump, just walking downleft while exiting a battle is enough to clip OoB. I guess the after battle state has some sort of collision quirk allowing you to clip inside, but I'm not sure.

The problem here is though, that the specific enemy doesn't spawn until after Paja 1 to my knowledge, meaning we have to figure out if the clip is possible without a battle. Either the battle isn't necessary or we could try another method to cause a reload of the area such as exiting the pause menu or saving and then holding downleft while loading the file...
Edit history:
Isaq21: 2015-12-03 01:25:49 am
Isaq21: 2015-12-03 01:25:34 am
I just thought of something that might be possible to do if we can't make this clip work.
We could go to wakeport and actually unlock Mount Pajamaja, then we would move the enemy over to where the pipe is (I dont know if I posted how to do that part, if not, i'll do it soon) and then do a double-jump with the enemy up to the pipe.
Do you think that's possible? I can't test it right now, I just came up with the idea while in school.

While its not quite like early Pajamaja, we could atleast skip everything when we get there.
Edit history:
Marvjungs: 2015-12-04 06:19:50 am
Anwonu means Setup doesn´t work cuz the Enemie isn´t there at a clean File. I try it out at the moment if it´s right , rip Setup. The search of the Setup is not end!
Edit history:
Ownesy: 2015-12-04 04:10:13 pm
Sadly, this is right, the enemy isn't there for Paja. 1... So this setup cannot be used. I think we've to be looking for another OoB, because that one seems to be luck-based and too much accurate to be done in a speedrun. I think Catly discovered another one for Paja, but she never posted the pic. If you can do it, that would be great Smiley

Quote from Isaq21:
I just thought of something that might be possible to do if we can't make this clip work.
We could go to wakeport and actually unlock Mount Pajamaja, then we would move the enemy over to where the pipe is (I dont know if I posted how to do that part, if not, i'll do it soon) and then do a double-jump with the enemy up to the pipe.
Do you think that's possible? I can't test it right now, I just came up with the idea while in school.

While its not quite like early Pajamaja, we could atleast skip everything when we get there.

Your idea isn't bad, but yeah, if you post a video of your idea (how to push the enemy), that'll be better.
Don't say something is too hard until we understand how it works. The problem is that nobody understands how it works. Replicating the clip under run conditions would be an excellent start to understanding how it works.