Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 ... 12, 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
The run's up!  Downloading it right now...
Yo, D-Darch, just popping in to say congratulations on having the 400th game at SDA =]
100% runs=great to watch
Must....free.....955MB.....  Cheesy
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I just want to congratulate you Dragonarch for completing this speedrun.
Catchin' them all
Great! The run is up. =D

I totally agree with Enhasa on the run. It's incredibly great and I really enjoyed verifying it. Definitely the best luck manipulation ever. ^^

Didn't know about the shortcut in Gratz Kingdom though, but that turns out to be NTSC only. ;(
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2008-01-31 02:59:46 pm
Master-88
I read your comments. You said camu jewel drop took 5 months. Shocked

Try you that your everysingle day?
How many hours you totally spend time with this?

I just think 5 months is pretty darn long time if you play this game your every day. I remember my longest manipulation took 6 days. When i play Metroid prime 22% geo core no boost ball: This took me full 6 days and almost 50 hours real time managed that.  I was extremely tired my last day.

5 months is much longer time than 6 days. I really wonder your patience try and try that.

This must be so nice job man. I don,t have this game, but still i want give full credit your run Dragondarch. Wink
Edit history:
Enhasa: 2008-01-31 08:29:23 pm
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Yeah, the best part of this run to watch (walking around) is typically the worst part to watch in many RPG runs like FF or DQ. It helps that this is a really fast paced game (and of course the puzzles and avoidable enemies). You don't really see any RPGs since the switch to CD based media where you can run around so fast by default, with the exception of Valkyrie Profile 1 I guess.

Quote:
Didn't know about the shortcut in Gratz Kingdom though, but that turns out to be NTSC only. ;(

I have reuploaded the maps here, so you can take a look at interesting stuff like that. Tongue

Edit:

Here is what I just found (1 2), wish I saw it earlier. If you muck around with the URL of that back a couple directories, you can find a ton of Lufia 2 stuff and also some other RPGs. (Perhaps I knew about this site before but simply forgot, because that is how my memory works. It would be funny if I posted this link earlier in the thread or something.)

Anyway, this guy is no slouch, and DD pasted his time by 45 minutes, and with English text speed too.
100% runs=great to watch
Such an awesome run DD, let this open the floodgate of your other projects that will come soon....mwahaha!

SO impressed with all the fights, puzzles, strategy...tis the stuff of legend.
Just got done watching the run, and I just have to say... wow!  I've watched about 90-something runs of games on this site, and this is by far one of the best runs I've ever seen.  There were hardly any dull moments while watching it, and very few minor mistakes.

Great job, Dragondarch!
I like my avatar :)
Well, I like the run a lot really.

The only thing I wonder is:

In segment 21, starting at 3 min 7 sec, the graphics in the Dual Blade shrine get all glitchy. Why is that?

I mean, I encountered the same graphics glitch when I played the game on an emulator. Is that same glitch on the cartridge as well?

(Since I'm from Germany I'm used to the beatiful unglitched shrine, so I'm just asking).
It's a bug present in the original game but only in the US version.
Edit history:
Aresake: 2008-02-02 07:07:48 am
Glowy eyes of DOOM!
I've been anticipating this for so long!  You really made my weekend DD!
Aresake lives! Smiley
Glowy eyes of DOOM!
Yes, I'm still alive, and slightly flattered that you missed me Wink

I don't mean to turn the spotlight from this amazing run though!  It's probably one of the most optimized runs I've ever seen.
Edit history:
All_Bogs: 2008-02-02 12:49:21 pm
This should be good Smiley I'll edit in some comments after I watched it.

Edit: watched a couple of segments, halfway through the sixth now. Level of play is really amazingly high. Love the luck manipulation too, some times is just as if you're looking into the future Tongue

Really enjoying it, my hat off to you sir DD Smiley
Pudding%
Quote:
some times is just as if you're looking into the future Tongue

Actually, I was  Wink
Boards of Canada!
Respect for this run, 1 of the best I've seen on SDA.

What's this luck manipulation I read about? (Too long since I played the game)
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Wow cheers again for this run Dragondarch, this is my favourite game ever so I can see myself enjoying this run
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
Quote:
Respect for this run, 1 of the best I've seen on SDA.

What's this luck manipulation I read about? (Too long since I played the game)

i think he means while he runs on the map he sometimes switches to menu (just short). so he doesnt have to fight on a map.
There's more to it than that.
Yeah, most of it is actions taken out of battle and in battle to affect what happens in battle. I thought it was pretty obvious to tell but maybe you have to be paying a lot of attention, who knows.
Catchin' them all
It was easy enough for me to notice but that´s maybe because I know a shitload of the game. =(
Edit history:
Aresake: 2008-02-05 09:15:35 pm
Glowy eyes of DOOM!
From what I understand, DD almost always knew what actions the monsters were going to take because same player input = same number of RNG calls = same RNG values, except in towns where it's too difficult to control the number of RNG calls exactly.

This is also the reason why you almost never saved in town, is it not? (Plus the few extra seconds to wander into the chapel, and the need to save before bosses.)
Quote:
It was easy enough for me to notice but that´s maybe because I know a shitload of the game. =(

Well, we were both verifiers but other people who watched might have done it with their brains turned off, just for enjoyment. For example, the Gratz Kingdom shortcut was surprising to you since only the US version has those boundary glitches, and it is a very important thing to notice. But it's possible another Dutchman watching might not notice unless they were paying attention.

Quote:
From what I understand, DD almost always knew what actions the monsters were going to take because same player input = same number of RNG calls = same RNG values, except in towns where it's too difficult to control the number of RNG calls exactly.

This is also the reason why you almost never saved in town, is it not? (Plus the few extra seconds to wander into the chapel, and the need to save before bosses.)

You're right but the big reason is that saves before bosses are less out of the way than in towns, like you said. I mean, once you save (say in town), it doesn't matter if you don't know what's coming up next since you can just load a lot and find out.
新世紀進歩的羽扇子 音楽
Quote:
Yeah, most of it is actions taken out of battle and in battle to affect what happens in battle. I thought it was pretty obvious to tell but maybe you have to be paying a lot of attention, who knows.

The whole thing is so damn fast that it might go by people.  On the other hand for example, when the healing spells counter the boss' moves perfectly, it's clear that there's some excellent luck manipulation going on, whether it's manual/intentional or random.

Anyway everyone has already said it a lot but it's an awesome run.  The ownage was so overwhelming, it was almost like watching a ridiculously good action game run.