--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-26 04:04:35 pm
Truljin @ Twitch
By the way, when submitting a run to Speedrun make sure you don't submit the RTA just the IGT, this way you can only filter by IGT since there is no way to remove RTA completely.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-02-26 12:28:39 pm
I checked around and they are planning ( and have been ) to allow you to make real time the default category with real time also on their for a while now.

http://www.speedrun.com/The_Site/thread/1fhtn

They just haven't gotten to it because of some irl/other issues that came up first.
Truljin @ Twitch
Yeah, talked to Ligh about it and they have plenty of stuff going on for the site.
Also been testing some Quarentine zone warping to speed up the slums.

Right now on my route I grab the stuffed turtle (grocery store) Q zone and the sunny appartment building Q zone.

I use the grocery store a bunch of times (getting from tower 1 to 2, teleporting back from the fishing village, and some other little time saves.)

I only use the sunny apartment to get back to rais after finishing the tower's currently.
Truljin @ Twitch
Quote from Nazzy:
I would like to cement what we currently believe to be 100% so there is no confusion to the meaning (Games calculator is only quests)

My views right now is.

15/15 Story Missions
51/51 Sidequests
100/100 Zombie Statues
30/30 Flags
36/36 Notes
17/17 Journals
16/16 Recordings
& finally 40/40 Blueprints.

Ill route it as best i can once we can agree on a full category, hopefully enough to attempt a no reset marathon run this weekend.

Any news on the 100% route?
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-02-28 07:00:17 pm
Never mind.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-02-28 07:47:17 pm
redemption99: 2015-02-28 07:35:40 pm
redemption99: 2015-02-28 05:00:52 pm
Tried to do an all missions run today but after 3 hours Big Bang Thesis didn't spawn for me again. No idea what I am doing wrong but extremely frustrated right now.

Did get this one highlight though..not sure how demolisher died so fast... http://www.twitch.tv/redemption99/c/6221565

*Edit* just wasted a few more hours going thru a new file and getting to the point where i should get the big bang thesis and it's still not spawning...I wish I knew what was happening, if anyone knows anything I did wrong to make it spawn let me know, i was streaming for 3 hours earlier today.
Truljin @ Twitch
No idea what causes The Big Bang Thesis to bug out like this >_>
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-03-02 06:14:08 am
If we were you, we would quit now.
Here are my shorthand notes for the route changes for Any%. It involves RNG for getting grenades early, so you could adjust the route to your liking to not do that. The reason to get grenades early is to allow you to death warp right away from turning back on the power. Additionally, if you get them early, you can dupe them at the same time you dupe Speed Boosters. This means there would only be 2 dupe sessions in total.

I've also added getting 3 flags. The reason to get flags is they give you agility experience. The flags I get aren't 'out of the way'. There are other flags we could get, but, based on this route, we never travel down the road that is between Zere's Trailer and Rais's Garrison. We use warps to get between those places.

Again, you might not be able to understand my notes without actually seeing them being used in a run. If I'm feeling up to it, I plan on doing a run tonight. Also, I need someone to investigate the ?Sib part on the route. I can't tell if it is faster to wait for the dialog about searching for Rahim on the overpass and then either, A. QZone warping to Stuffed Turtle, or B. A possible save warp for that mission that may put you on the overpass. The save warp may have been a fluke where I was in that area already so it was able to warp me there. Also, I can't tell if either of those warps would be faster than traveling there normally to the overpass.

I'm sure you guys will have questions, and I'll try to answer them when I can.

Code:
Awa 	Grab Tin Can during leave
Awa 	Drop Tin Can at dupe
Awa 	Leave Duct Tape in stash
Awa 	Run at parkour first jump
Awa 	Run along side after seiz
Awa 	Run up benches
Fir 	Grab Household, mid store
Fir 	Drop wrench after kills
Fir 	Do GRE Call 1
Fir 	Grab Chemicals, laundry
Fir 	Arm cars
Fir 	Level at QM, make Grens
Fir 	Dupe Speed and Grenades
Fir 	Electric switches
Fir 	Get StuTurt QZone
Fir 	Suicide with grenade
Fir 	Sell only Speed
Air 	StuTurt after GRE 3
Air 	Use mountain route for drop
Air 	Brecken to StuTurt
Pac 	Get SunAparts QZone
Pac 	SunAparts after GRE Pac1
Pac 	Flag, blue building
Pac 	Flag, Tower 1 to StuTurt
Pac 	Flag, Tower 2 to SunAparts
Pac 	Wait, Jaffar to StuTurt
Pac 	Wait, Ferry to StuTurt
Pac 	Wait, Envelope to SunAparts
Pac 	WAIT, Jaffar to MotherDay
Sib 	RoofGRE, talk to GassedUp
Sib 	After School to MotherDay
Sib 	BolterTissue, save warp
?Sib	Wait-Rahim-Save or StuTurt?
Sib 	Rahim Dead to MotherDay
Pit 	ZereRescue, WAIT, GassedUp
Sav 	Ferry Pier to MotherDay
Sav 	Savior's Meet to GassedUp
Pub 	Fidan for RupTheGun
Pub 	EmbTower 2, Noah, FanZone
Mus 	Wait, Jade Meet, RupTheGun
Mus 	Wait, After Tariq, FanZone
Mus 	Post Mus, FanZone, Override
Bro 	Broadcast Troy, RupTheGun
Bro 	Get StrDragHo QZone
Bro 	BroTower, StrDragHo, Sewers
Cli 	Sewers to RupTheGun
Ext 	2ndDeath, Mulfid, GassedUp

Edit: I forgot to mention that I was able to get out of the Rais call without death warping. I was simply trying to climb up there so I could throw the grenade. When I climbed up, I was trying to back up so I could stand and throw the grenade. Instead, it started the call and I backed up through the invisible wall it puts there. So, after that, I could just fall off the tower to death warp to University to talk to Mulfid. We would just need to find a consistent climbing and moving backward strat to do it.
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-03-02 06:16:46 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-03-02 06:14:39 am
Truljin @ Twitch
I see some notes are from the current route and some aren't here, for example, the Gassed Up at the start of Siblings is in the current route but the Deathwarp during the 3rd GRE call during Pact is not in there, does that mean it is not to be done anymore?
Same with the challenge warp after meeting Jade in the red building.
Also, care to explain Extraction notes a bit more? Gassed Up makes sense but the others am not sure about.
Quote from lillbrorsan:
I see some notes are from the current route and some aren't here, for example, the Gassed Up at the start of Siblings is in the current route but the Deathwarp during the 3rd GRE call during Pact is not in there, does that mean it is not to be done anymore?
Same with the challenge warp after meeting Jade in the red building.
Also, care to explain Extraction notes a bit more? Gassed Up makes sense but the others am not sure about.

This is a mix of notes, unfortunately. I combined the notes I had for our side-mission warps with that of the new warps. I hadn't done enough runs with the current warps to memorize them, so I put the notes in here to remember.
- The death warp for the third GRE call during Pact with Rais should still be done. The only note I added for this is what happens after it:
Pac WAIT, Jaffar to MotherDay
Basically, you do the death warp, wait until after you say the word 'asshole', then warp to Mother's Day. If you don't wait for that trigger, you really mess up the triggers to the point where you have to manually go back to the train car, and then again back to the Tower. You can't use anything that changes the game instance, or the triggers won't save their state. It is really, really bad if you don't wait for that save after 'asshole'.
- I don't use any challenge warps because then I can't run the manager. Instead:
Mus Wait, Jade Meet, RupTheGun
Mus Wait, After Tariq, FanZone
So, basically, I warp closer to Tariq using Rupert the Gun and then warp closer to the underwater entrance using Fan Zone. Since we don't use any challenge warps, that means you don't need to activate the posters in Old Town. I can't see it being much of a time save to use the challenge warp over these two warps anyway.
- The notes for extraction are just the death warp we've been doing:
Ext 2ndDeath, Mulfid, GassedUp
That just means after the second death warp from the white tower, talk to Mulfid in the University, and then warp using Gassed Up. I'm unsure at this time that if you use the whole route if you'll end up on the overpass or at Jeff's place when you do the Gassed Up warp. I believe it should put you on the overpass because the part we need to rescue Zere (in The Pit), that Gassed Up warp should put us on the overpass which is closer to Rais's Garrison.
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-03-02 10:35:38 am
Truljin @ Twitch
Practiced the new route and also tested some stuff, did get various results with the Rais skip using the other method, will post highlights when the tool decides to work.
Planned to do runs today but have to wait till tomorrow.

Btw, not sure if it is random but the QM had the two items I needed to create the grenades when I went back to level up.
I did some tests with the climbing for the Rais call. It seems that you can consistently climb up the railing. It depends on what keys your pressing and where you are looking. I didn't realize that where you look really matters in this situation. I just captured this quickly without streaming it. You can see what keys I'm pressing on the NohBoard.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3h6695v6877upe/Dying%20Light%20-%20Rais%20Call%20Climbing.mp4?dl=0

Basically, we can use this to do the grenade strat easier now, since we can climb up so easily. I wasn't able to reproduce the climb I mentioned where I was able to clip out of the area but start the call. Maybe when I feel better I'll try again.
Just did a run. It was really crappy. But, it shows how much IGT this route has the potential to save.

RTA: 2:15:07
IGT: 2:01:14
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/demonstrate86/c/6237797

Yeah. That's almost a 14 minute difference in IGT vs RTA. That's nuts. Also, I have 1 route change. We go past Bright Mountain Tunnel QZone while in Seizure mode after Arena. So, since that becomes enabled, we can use that to get to Rais's Tower at the end of the game for Extraction. It is super close to his tower.
Beast! I'll have to take a look later. That's crazy.
Just finished a run, was pretty happy with it considering my first in a while.

RTA: 2:09:35
IGT: 1:59:26

Forgot to dupe nades and never found all the materials for them so I just skipped doing anything nade related besides the Pact GRE skip, so lots of room for improvement.

http://www.speedrun.com/dyinglight/run/38742
Quote from redemption99:
Forgot to dupe nades and never found all the materials for them so I just skipped doing anything nade related besides the Pact GRE skip, so lots of room for improvement.

I'm thinking that trying to get nades earlier isn't close to worth it. The only way that it could be is if the QM has both Household Supplies and Chemicals, which is what happened in Truljin's test run. But, that isn't guaranteed. So, I'd say we scrap that idea, and go back to grabbing them from Rais's men. This means the death warp after restoring power would need to be the old way of either by falling or by exploding on the air canisters.

With that aspect removed, when do you guys think is the best time to level up at the QM? Choices:
1. (Current)
Level up prior to the GRE call. The save warp puts you into the safe zone for easy duping speed boosters. However, you need to wait both after the GRE call and after arming both cars (once you arrive at the first electric switch).

Level up after the GRE call but before arming the cars. This would mean we are running to the QM while Jade and Spike are talking to us. The save warp puts you on top of the tall building (the one you make the GRE call from). This puts us farther away from the safe zone for duping speed potions. Part of Spike's dialog replays after the save warp, but we'd be duping while it is playing. We would go from duping to arming the cars. We would still need to wait at the first electric switch.

3. (Similar to what I was doing with the early nades route)
Level up after both the GRE call and after arming the cars. This would mean we are heading toward the QM while Spike is talking about the switches to us. The save warp puts you on top of the shorter building, which is even father away from the safe zone than Option 2. We would need to head back to the safe zone, dupe speed boosters, and leave out of the back entrance to the safe zone to go start hitting the electric switches. Also, we had to wait in-between the GRE call and arming the cars. But, we would be in the safe zone while Spike explains the electric switches, so we don't need to wait at the first one.

4. (Thought of this while I was typing these options. Delay dupe approach)
Do either Option 2 or 3 and delay duping the speed boosters until we return to the safe zone after the death warp from restoring power. This means that we need to make sure we aren't using more than the supply of speed boosters we have (can't use more than 2 if you don't get the mid-tier Survivor ability, or 4 if you do get the ability). After the cutscene where you spot a Bolter for the first time in the safe zone, before changing it to day, you have a couple of seconds to do the dupe for speed boosters. The downside is you'd have to take the grappling hook from the QM since we aren't going to the stash after leveling. And, you might have to drop the extra grappling hook (in fear it might equip you with 2 grappling hooks when you get your stash back after Arena).

Let me know what you guys think. We definitely have options, but I really have no idea what would be faster realistically.
I like what we were doing which is leveling before GRE call but I could see how a different option could save a small amount of time though not sure which one works the best.
Truljin @ Twitch
Hard to tell to be honest but could try timing all of these and see what would be the best but I feel like leveling before GRE is still a very strong choice.
Well, I just got WR. The run was terrible, but I'm gonna put it on the leaderboards anyway. I hope to do a run to beat it tomorrow. I've started to get some of the kinks ironed out on my route. I went back to the 'normal' strats for the start of the game. The only part that was close to flawless was the Broadcast split. Everything else had plenty of mistakes. And, I died a few times.

RTA: 2:05:35
IGT: 1:56:12
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/demonstrate86/c/6245376
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr26ZL5CAdZUhOOoisCP5MI2ttmKbN6j4
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-03-04 08:08:36 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-03-04 08:08:10 am
Truljin @ Twitch
Once in a while I have a bad day and this is one of them so glad the marathon run is tomorrow.
Only had one bad run that did not beat my PB, other then that I either went too fast or the game softlocked so will have to try again tomorrow.

Found a new consistent way of doing Rais skip by falling off the tower instead of using a grenade.
http://www.twitch.tv/truljin/c/6248446
Just don't go too fast during the marathon run, that would be embarressing :O
Truljin @ Twitch
For the marathon:

Pre-marathon Twitch link (starts tomorrow at 12pm EST): http://www.twitch.tv/sgskmarathon - Dying Light first game out.
Main Twitch link (starts Friday): http://www.twitch.tv/thefastforce - Outlaws run on Sunday.
Quote from lillbrorsan:
For the marathon:

Pre-marathon Twitch link (starts tomorrow at 12pm EST): http://www.twitch.tv/sgskmarathon - Dying Light first game out.
Main Twitch link (starts Friday): http://www.twitch.tv/thefastforce - Outlaws run on Sunday.

Cool beans! I'll be there!
Truljin @ Twitch
Trying to get some information about the Teamspeak and stuff but will probably not be up until tomorrow...