--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-24 06:15:35 am
Truljin @ Twitch
Quote from DemonStrate:
46:55 is around where he discovers that any dialog will skip mission dialog. He talks to someone in the tower to skip Jade's dialog. Then he uses Gassed Up to meet Jade at the boxcar. That's the first useful Side Mission Warp in his run. He does one before that, but it wastes time.

Skipping mission dialogue with someones elses is already known though, just look at The Old Town when you have to meet Jade, that random guy always interrupt her talking and will instantly trigger the next part of the mission.
I guess it works on demand now by talking to any npc while one is running.
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-02-24 06:26:43 am
DemonStrate: 2015-02-24 06:24:32 am
If we were you, we would quit now.
Quote from lillbrorsan:
Skipping mission dialogue with someones elses is already known though, just look at The Old Town when you have to meet Jade, that random guy always interrupt her talking and will instantly trigger the next part of the mission.
I guess it works on demand now by talking to any npc while one is running.

It isn't just NPCs. It is dialog. So, like, in Old Town, when you interact with a poster, you start talking. That should interrupt any other dialog. We would also need to test if it works with items that contain dialog. Redemption mentions 2 types of items in the game that have dialog associated with them.

As I know you'll get to it eventually, after the conversation with Rais in Old Town, he warps using Gassed Up. But, if you go through the area where Mother's Day starts on your way to leaving the Slums (earlier in the game), you can warp using Mother's Day, and potentially be closer to Rais's Tower for Extraction.

Quote:
After Zere attack during The Pit, Gassed up + Teleport?

This one isn't a time saver. Running from Zere's place to Rais's Garrison is faster.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-02-24 06:27:39 am
(Well I didn't realize it til last night)

Yea in my run..

1. I did the 3rd GRE skip, that is when I get gassed up, then i selected mother's day and warped back to the tower
2. I used gassed up to teleport near jade's boxcar (After the roof call)
3. After the school i used mother's day to teleport back to the tower
4. Used Gassed up to teleport to the overpass to find rahim
5. After rahim is dead I used mother's day to teleport back to the tower (after waiting for appropriate dialog to end)
6. You can use gassed up to get near rais again after checking out zere's trailer but you have to wait for the dialog with brecken to end, in which case you might be able to get that far by that time. (Did not use this one)
7. After getting my stuff back at the ferry pier, i used mother's day to teleport back to the tower
8. After talking to sector zero guys I used gassed up to teleport close to the sewer exit
9. After talking to jade in the red building use rupert the gunsmith to teleport closer to the museum custodian
10. After talking to the custodian use fan zone to teleport back to jade's tower
11. After museum teleport back to jade's tower using fan zone
12. Use rupert the gunsmith to get closer to sewer entrance (broadcast) after talking to troy
13. Use rupert the gunsmith to get closer to clinic after broadcast
14. Use gassed up to teleport close to rais's tower after GRE call

There is probably more than this if we look, but this is what i found out easily while testing.
Truljin @ Twitch
Quote from redemption99:
(Well I didn't realize it til last night)

Yea in my run..

1. I did the 3rd GRE skip, that is when I get gassed up, then i selected mother's day and warped back to the tower
2. I used gassed up to teleport near jade's boxcar (After the roof call)
3. After the school i used mother's day to teleport back to the tower
4. Used Gassed up to teleport to the overpass to find rahim
5. After rahim is dead I used mother's day to teleport back to the tower (after waiting for appropriate dialog to end)
6. You can use gassed up to get near rais again after checking out zere's trailer but you have to wait for the dialog with brecken to end, in which case you might be able to get that far by that time. (Did not use this one)
7. After getting my stuff back at the ferry pier, i used mother's day to teleport back to the tower
8. After talking to sector zero guys I used gassed up to teleport close to the sewer exit
9. After talking to jade in the red building use rupert the gunsmith to teleport closer to the museum custodian
10. After talking to the custodian use fan zone to teleport back to jade's tower
11. After museum teleport back to jade's tower using fan zone
12. Use rupert the gunsmith to get closer to sewer entrance (broadcast) after talking to troy
13. Use rupert the gunsmith to get closer to clinic after broadcast
14. Use gassed up to teleport close to rais's tower after GRE call

There is probably more than this if we look, but this is what i found out easily while testing.

Nice, almost had all of these already written down from looking at the run, will look at all of these and some more stuff like the items you said makes Crane talk?
The items were notes/battle logs/answering machine messages, have not tested yet.
I did some quick testing just now with note/answering machine and it does not appear to skip any text :(, this is probably because you can't start the voiceover and then exit out and have it continue, it is only going while you are looking at the answering machine message.
Truljin @ Twitch
Can you enter and trigger it while a mission dialogue is already playing?
Was thinking of being on a mission with someone talking, enter the menu and interrupt it with a note or battle journal if you can't have it play while triggering a dialogue.
You can get to the things whenever you can go to collectibles, but it looks like only the answering machine messages (old town) will read them to you, and that didn't seem to skip brecken talking about rahim on the overpass (siblings)
Truljin @ Twitch
I guess the only hope for interrupting Rais at the end is to use a challenge then.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-02-24 08:11:54 am
The agility challenge at jade's tower is the best bet for this, as you can run up and talk to micheal to skip GRE call after you use the challenge cancelling. I just tested it to make sure it works and it does.

Unclear how much time this will actually save.
Quote from redemption99:
The agility challenge at jade's tower is the best bet for this, as you can run up and talk to micheal to skip GRE call after you use the challenge cancelling. I just tested it to make sure it works and it does.
Unclear how much time this will actually save.

Is there a sidequest that warps to the Ember's Tower? Then, we can warp to there immediately after getting out of the Clinic, talk to Michael, go to the tower for the calls, Challenge warp back to Ember's Tower, talk to Michael again to cancel the dialog, back out of Michael's challenge, select either Mother's Day or Gassed Up and then go to Rais's Tower.
Yea the fan zone quest I mention in my notes.
Truljin @ Twitch
So this should work in theory then, have to test it now.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-02-24 08:19:30 am
Have to time it as well, make sure it saves time. Sad

I did time just the Rais part of the GRE call and it's about one min 37 seconds long.
Quote from redemption99:

It is guaranteed to save in-game time.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-02-24 08:21:28 am
Quote from DemonStrate:
Quote from redemption99:

It is guaranteed to save in-game time.

Very true, the IGT is going to be much different then RTA with all these new skips, My time on the leaderboard says 5th but i beat 4th in IGT with the last run i did.
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-02-24 08:23:01 am
DemonStrate: 2015-02-24 08:22:30 am
Quote from redemption99:
Very true, the IGT is going to be much different then RTA with all these new skips, My time on the leaderboard says 5th but i beat 4th in IGT with the last run i did.

Sounds like we should start ordering the leaderboards by IGT since all the warping is quite computer dependent (CPU/RAM/DiskDrive(or SSD)). If we are doing it like 10 times in a run, it'll be more different between people's computers.
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-24 09:21:56 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-24 09:17:01 am
Truljin @ Twitch
Just tested that sequencing and it works really well, the challenge storage takes some time but skipping all of this will make up for it.

Also, having the IGT displayed on stream with for example LiveSplit would be nice, unless there is some other way.

Autosplitter?
There was someone working on one of those a few weeks ago but i think he was having trouble finding the timer in the code.
Quote from lillbrorsan:
Just tested that sequencing and it works really well, the challenge storage takes some time but skipping all of this will make up for it.

I wasn't suggesting Challenge Storage Warp. I was suggesting Challenge Warp. The difference:
- CSW: You need to wait for the dialog to close.
- CS: You simply accept the challenge.
- CSW: You can activate at anytime.
- CS: You activate the challenge normally.
- CSW: You can cancel the challenge immediately (or not if you want to do a CS after the CSW).
- CS: You cancel the challenge after you've progressed the story mission.

You can combine CSW and CW if you want, but I never found a route that complex yet.
What I was suggesting is:
- Find a challenge that is near the Ember's Tower or the Library that will warp you to a location close to the tower for the Rais phone call.
- Get to that tower and start the first phone call, and then the second.
- Have it timed properly so the challenge timer runs out while you are having the second phone call.
- After warping back to the challenge provider, talk to them again to cancel the phone call dialog.
- Don't accept the challenge again. Instead, use either Mother's Day or Gassed Up to warp to Rais's Tower.
Truljin @ Twitch
I tested this but only with one challenge so far and it did not work so will have to look at some other ones and if they will save any time at all compared to storage.
Yea the one at the tower doesn't allow grappling hook making it hard to get to the GRE call in time, there is another challenge that is on the way from the clinic -> GRE tower that might work but i don't think you'll be near any people to have conversations with.
Quote from redemption99:
Yea the one at the tower doesn't allow grappling hook making it hard to get to the GRE call in time, there is another challenge that is on the way from the clinic -> GRE tower that might work but i don't think you'll be near any people to have conversations with.

After any challenge completes, you should be standing in front of what gave you the challenge. Even the posters have dialog as you talk out loud to yourself.
hmm true will have to try that
Quote from redemption99:
hmm true will have to try that

Again, you don't need to find one that is near the exit of the Clinic because you can Side Mission Warp to the Ember's Tower or Library. But, if there is one near the Clinic exit, that'd be the most optimal. If not, the Power challenge that is near the sewer's exit door (when you first enter Old Town) will warp you to a location near Tariq's. That side mission allows the grappling hook. The travel distance is far, so I was hoping for a closer challenge.