page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 11 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-04 11:16:13 am
Looks like they are adding 'hard mode' to dying light on March 10th, suppose to be tougher enemies and a harder challenge. Hopefully they won't remove duping with that patch and we can have a new category to run. Cheesy (This is assuming it makes it harder to speedrun)
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-04 07:36:15 pm
During my last run...this broadcast teleport happened and screwed me, but still..here in case someone can figure out this warping thing.

http://www.twitch.tv/redemption99/c/6252947

Also got a new WR..

RTA: 2:03:31
IGT: 1:55:24

http://www.speedrun.com/dyinglight/run/39211
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-03-05 06:10:48 am
DemonStrate: 2015-03-05 12:05:58 am
If we were you, we would quit now.
Here is the updated route:
Code:
Awa 	Leave Duct Tape in stash
Awa 	Run at parkour first jump
Awa 	Run along side after seiz
Awa 	Run up benches
Fir 	Drop wrench after kills
Fir 	Do GRE Call 1
Fir 	GET StuTurt QZone
Fir 	Suicide by falling
!Fir 	Flag, vine cage
!Fir 	Flag, blue water box
Fir 	Sell only Speed
Air 	StuTurt after GRE 3
!Air 	Flag, building no. 2
Air 	Get Grenades
Air 	Use mountain route for drop
!Air 	Flag, building no. 1
Air 	Dupe Grenades
Air 	Brecken to StuTurt
Pac 	GET SunAparts QZone
Pac 	SunAparts after GRE Pac1
!Pac 	Flag, red building no. 4
Pac 	Flag, blue building no. 5
!Pac 	Flag, building no. 3
Pac 	Flag, Tower 1 to StuTurt
Pac 	Flag, Tower 2 to SunAparts
Pac 	Wait, Jaffar to StuTurt
Pac 	Wait, Ferry to StuTurt
Pac 	Wait, Envelope to SunAparts
Pac 	WAIT, Jaffar to MotherDay
Sib 	RoofGRE, dialog skip Bahir
Sib 	Bahir to GassedUp
Sib 	After School to MotherDay
Sib 	BolterTissue, save warp
Sib 	AfterBolterTissue, StuTurt
Sib 	Rahim Dead to MotherDay
Pit 	ZereRescue, talk, !!WAIT!!
Pit 	ZereLogChange to GassedUp
Pit 	GET BriMoTun QZone
Sav 	Ferry Pier to MotherDay
Sav 	Savior's Meet to GassedUp
Pub 	Fidan GET RupTheGun
Pub 	EmbTower 2, Noah GET FanZone
Mus 	Wait, Jade Meet, RupTheGun
Mus 	Tariq, Ihsan GET Bunker
Mus 	Wait, After Tariq, FanZone
Mus 	Post Mus, FanZone, Override
Bro 	Broadcast Troy, Bunker
Bro 	BroTower, Bunker, Sewers
Cli 	Sewers to RupTheGun
Ext 	2ndDeath, Mulfid, BriMoTun

Main changes:
- Added the new early Flag strats. Each of the new Flags has an ! prior to the chapter name. Getting those flags allows you to get to Agility Level 5 before the first comm tower in Pact with Rais. It really helps out everywhere to have that ability as early as possible. It is especially useful to have it prior to the second comm tower because of the required climbing. If you get all of these flags, you don't need to get the flags on the tops of each of the comm towers.

- Fixed the notes for Pit. This includes the dialog skip where you leave Zere's wrecked trailer, go to the tower, talk to one of the people around the QM, and WAIT for the dialog of the mission to finish and show the updated mission objective for Pit. You must wait or else you will really mess things up and have to go back to Zere's trailer again and restart the whole thing. After the quest log changes, we warp to Gassed Up.

- Added a new warp Redemption found where, when you do the dialog skip for Jade's boxcar dialog, you use Bahir. Bahir will give you Goodnight Mr. Bahir. This mission warps you the second map of the Tower! This means that after you finish the School, you can warp directly do the second map and run up to talk to Rahim, instead of warping to Mother's Day, then using the elevator to get to the second map.

- Revised the Broadcast warping based on Redemption's strats. When going to Tariq's, you skip his dialog by talking to Ihsan. Ihsan gives you The Bunker. After you talk to Troy to start Broadcast, warp to Bunker which puts you at Tariq's place. His place is like 10 seconds away from the entrance to the Sewer. Then, you can use Bunker again to warp from the Broadcast tower to re-enter and exit the Sewer to advance the mission triggers to Clinic.

- I also added the Bright Mountain Tunnel QZone strats that I do. These are when you are leaving Arena and are in seizure mode, you pass by Bright Mountain Tunnel. Then, you use Bright Mountain Tunnel to warp to Rais's Tower at the start of Extraction after the Rais call skip.

Edit:
Here is the guide on the flags. I use the names of the flags from the guide in my notes.
http://www.gosunoob.com/dying-light/flags-locations-slums/

Here is the speedrun I did with the new route. It is a really good example of the route. But, I made a mistake on the Zere dialog skip so it wasn't able to get WR.
http://www.twitch.tv/demonstrate86/c/6254512

Edit2:
Removed the Goodnight Mr. Bahir strat as per Nord's testing. You still need to come in the elevator on the first floor.
Truljin @ Twitch
I tried using Goodnight Mr. Bahir instead of Mother's Day but I had to go down the elevator to trigger the next part.

Also, the past two days I've been thinking about it and I most likely won't be doing any more Any% runs after the marathon run today, if I will do anything in Dying Light it might be All Missions but I am just burnt out on this game the moment.
Quote from lillbrorsan:
I tried using Goodnight Mr. Bahir instead of Mother's Day but I had to go down the elevator to trigger the next part.
Also, the past two days I've been thinking about it and I most likely won't be doing any more Any% runs after the marathon run today, if I will do anything in Dying Light it might be All Missions but I am just burnt out on this game the moment.

Ah, I understand. Oginam did the same thing after a few weeks of working on it. For me, this is my project at the moment, and I still have interest in finding more ways to enhance it. We'll see if it fizzles away when they do that March 10th update. Also, I still haven't had that run yet where I'm like, "This was a great run." where I didn't have some kind of major mistake or unintended glitch happen. I still feel it'll take some luck for me to get that run until I get my new computer. I really like consistent framerates.

And, thanks for letting us know about the Goodnight Mr. Bahir. Redemption hadn't tested it at that exact spot in the mission sequence. He just knew it put you on the second floor. The triggers in this game are totally ridiculous. :-P I'll edit the above post to remove that change.
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-03-05 03:16:40 pm
Truljin @ Twitch
So yeah that marathon run ended up at 1:53:34, waiting for video now.
http://www.twitch.tv/sgskmarathon/c/6259396
As I'm watching through Truljin's Dead Island speedrun, I'm starting to notice some things...

Dying Light <=> Dead Island
Slums = Act 2
Demolishers = Ram (Straight-Jacket Zombies) + Thugs
Bombers = Suiciders
Burning Zombies = Burning Zombies
Fast Zombies = Fast Zombies
Spitting Zombie = Bloater
Antizen Injector = Medical Injector (Health Spray)
The Clinic = Act 3 Lab
Cloud-of-Toxic Zombies = Cloud-of-Smoke Zombies
Extraction = Act 4 Rooftop

Both:
- Zombie grabs override your inputs in many cases.
- Many shared assets between the games, including level design aspects, content such as textures, icons, etc., character animations, weapon stats displays, sound effects, menus.
- A 3-tree skill system.
- A percent chance that it'll be raining.
- SEWERS.
- Put the player in a situation where you open a door, and the exploding-type zombie is right in front of you.

Minor Differences:
- The Dying Light minimap has the buildings and obstacles on it. Dead Island's doesn't.
- Dead Island's minimap has a dotted line system to lead you to the next checkpoint. Dying Light doesn't.
- Dead Island has a movement stamina bar. Dying Light doesn't.
- Dead Island shows damage values on-screen. Dying Light doesn't.
- Dead Island uses the USE key to interact with things and JUMP for advancing dialog. Dying Light uses a mixture of USE and JUMP to both interact with things and advance dialog.

Overall, it is pretty sad considering Dead Island was made 4 years ago in 2011, and Dying Light is labeled as a different game that isn't related to Dead Island. They are so extremely similar despite the list of minor differences. I hadn't played Dead Island since 2011, but is it shocking for them to spend 4 years to make a 'new' game with 1 new core gameplay aspect. You could have made a mod of Dead Island with some parkour and a grappling hook, and it would be Dying Light.
Truljin @ Twitch
See why I keep saying that it is like Dead Island? Tongue
First time I saw the big zombie by the power station I was like, this is a thug from Dead Island.
Or when you meet the Bomber, this is a Suicider from Dead Island.

I mean, they did not want to make Dead Island 2 because they wanted to try and make something new with Dying Light, about that...
Finally got a good run going and got WR back. Cheesy

RTA: 2:02:25
IGT: 1:53:02

My RTA should be about 30 sec - 1 min lower but my game crashed when I was fast traveling to rais's tower, didn't affect IGT at all because of loading screens but still frustrating.

http://www.speedrun.com/dyinglight/run/39845
Was messing around with routing and trying to find things earlier and found a few ways to mess up and fall out of the gre calls while still being in them.

http://www.twitch.tv/redemption99/c/6275059 (Gre Call 1 after duping)
http://www.twitch.tv/redemption99/c/6275077 (Gre Call end of first assignment)
http://www.twitch.tv/redemption99/c/6275099 (Gre Call before tower climb)
http://www.twitch.tv/redemption99/c/6275107 (Gre Call After towers)

Not sure if this can be useful or not.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-09 11:00:25 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-09 10:56:02 pm
Just had another good run though I died running through the sewers at rais's tower which cost me some serious time :(.

RTA: 2:00:53
IGT: 1:52:28

http://www.speedrun.com/dyinglight/run/40540

Happy with this but really wanted sub 2 RTA.

Also had this ruin an earlier run: http://www.twitch.tv/redemption99/c/6289863 (Flying Glitch)

And on friday I had this happen while I was messing around, wasn't able to replicate though: http://www.twitch.tv/redemption99/c/6289893 (During Start of Gym, No Grab on the first ledge)
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-10 01:55:43 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-10 12:53:54 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-10 12:37:49 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-10 12:20:43 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-10 11:49:45 am
Okay the patch has dropped today (1.5).

Bad news: Previous Duping Methods No Longer Work
Good News: I found a new one which uses the mouse instead of enter to get the menu to pop up as you open stash (Will probably make a highlight later). This seems a lot more precise than the last one.
*Edit* After further testing it should be very close to as fast as we could dupe before but it has a slightly different timing which was throwing me off.

Also they seem to have fixed the bad frame rate issue and now my frame rate is stable around 55-60 for the entire run.

Also good news for anyone looking for a new run to try out, hard mode looks actually harder. Though I can't be 100% sure right now of how different here is a list of changes that people have claimed to find so far (techland has not released the exact details on what is different yet).

- Playing Hard Mode from the beginning, it seems that the special enemies are introduced much more quickly. Many things indicate that the difficulty isn't just artificial
- As another user mentioned, in Hard Mode, Medkits gradually bring you back to health
-Volatiles no longer show up on radar
-Flashlight now dims with prolonged use and eventually dies
-Accessing inventory/map etc. no longer pauses the game. No more crafting while on the run
-Night time seems like it lasts longer but that could just be mental
-Survivor sense no longer highlights grey items such as herbs/ chests (locates grey weapons though)
-Still one-shotting regular mobs with ~2000 damage weapon. Can't tell if their defense was increased at all. Although the demolishers definitely take more hits

I went ahead and added a hard% to the leaderboard for anyone wanting to try that.

Future Content: Bows and Arrows and Dune Buggies..will they effect our run..no idea.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-11 07:40:44 am
redemption99: 2015-03-10 04:37:33 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-10 02:57:15 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-10 02:47:03 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-10 02:43:11 pm
Been slowly going thru an offline run to see if anymore changes are in it and found one pretty early on...

Our death warp after turning the power back on at the powerstation now takes you to the bazaar not to the safe zone. This only seems to happen when your close to or past the power station...I got closer to the safe zone/trainyard area and jumped off a roof and it took my back to the safezone like normal. *edit* it looks like the bazaar counts as a safezone earlier in the game now so i got to the north part of the trainyard and deathwarped back to the correct safezone we want, so there may be some minor tweaking to our deathwarping we need to fix.

Also they fixed the shop and it will not only sell swords/daggers/kybosh's and will have all sorts of blunt/sharp melee weapons.

Only other change i noticed was that after the pit/museum refilling your inventory instantly doesn't seem to work anymore.

Last thing is that the flare dialog (spider quest) that usually talks a lot doesn't seem to be coming up as much or more than once or something, so now it won't skip jade's dialog before meeting her in the red building making us wait for the stupid trigger they put.

This does bring up one point though, do we want to clear the leaderboards and make any% have to be on the current patch, there is a couple of things I have noticed that might make our run slightly slower (new duping method mainly)
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-12 03:29:35 pm
Ok, Good News (at least for me an Truljin), I tried getting Big Bang Thesis and was able to succussfully get it on patch 1.5.0...so we should be able to do all missions now. Huzzah.

I got too excited when i heard jaffar calling in about the quest that i quit out to post this and now I can't seem to get it back (he hadn't finished giving it to me so i guess i hadn't 'gotten' it yet)..so we should be careful about this, i just spent like 30 mins running around doing things and never got the radio call again.
Truljin @ Twitch
Glad to hear they finally fixed that damn quest Cheesy
Yep Yep, I got on one of my files i used for Any% finished up the dynamite quest and then wandered around doing other quests. Still not sure how the radio message spawns..whether there are other quests (besides the thief one) that you actually need to finish or not or if you have to be in the open world for a certain amount of time..no idea but I had it spawn for me so that's good :D, Just gotta not quit out before being able to track it.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-12 10:02:50 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-12 10:02:41 pm
After a few tries today and all yesterday of trying, i now have the WR again.

RTA: 1:56:59
IGT: 1:49:20

http://www.speedrun.com/dyinglight/run/41282

Also someone in my chat provided me with an app that tracks IGT, link to it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns0nqa84ihhe1s6/DyingLightIGT_v0.1.zip?dl=0 (This is my dropbox, i lost the link to the get the most updated version but it was on github =/ )

Also I noticed IGT does count up during the last part of the cutscene, we could quit out at last input and get an IGT that is 3-4 minutes faster (not sure if it matters to anyone if we do that or just continue to wait thru it all)
I finally got to watch your run, Redemption. There were still many, many mistakes in it. Many excess deaths. Various times where you were getting excess or lengthy climbing animations. Not getting level 5 agility skill before the 2nd comm tower, etc, etc. So, I feel like, even without a route change, there are minutes of time to save.

I have a few questions about it:
- Using the drop-item strategy from the Tahir fight, couldn't we keep anything for the arena, or do we lose our items during map transition?
- I feel like the increase in consistent FPS helped a significant amount. Do you think that's where most of the time-save came from or was it due to new routes/strats?
- It seems like the new duping is even faster than the previous method. Can you provide an explanation on how to do it?
- It looked like they removed the requirement to check your stash as being part of the triggers to move the story forward (after Arena and after Tahir). Am I right about that?

I won't be running the game again until May after I get my new computer. I also hope to make a 120 FPS Any% run. I feel like FPS significantly helps run this game, and I'd love to play it with the same FPS as the Hz of my strobed monitor (120 Hz). Here is my computer build so far. I'm adding things to it so it'll be changed as I find new parts I want to keep adding to it:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=26941165
We lose our items for the pit arena during the loading screen before it as far as I can tell..unless anyone can figure out a way to do it.

I think most of the time save came from me being able to execute the route efficiently the FPS not dropping (as much) helped out with that, i could tell when it dropped back to 30 because the game acts differently.

New Duping: Open Stash, Click both mouse buttons (or double click) at the proper timing (just when the stash opens i believe?) and then you should be able to move around freely if done correctly.

Yes, you have to move your stash manually now, because of that, after the pit or the museum.

Cool, new PC's are always great. Cheesy
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-16 05:36:04 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 05:30:55 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 05:26:21 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 04:45:10 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 04:44:59 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 04:44:55 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 04:31:34 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 04:30:36 pm
Ok real questions time, Daleth has a program set up that not only shows the IGT but using the livesplit server component we can compare against real time and it will pause when the IGT is actually paused for the game.

Here is the link to the program https://github.com/Dalet/DyingLightIGT/releases/download/v0.2/DyingLightIGT_v0.2.zip

The main question is if we use the IGT splitting method we will be chopping everyone's time by at least 3-4 minute as watching the final cutscene after last input counts towards IGT as does the credits (so if you don't skip them immediately you will lose IGT), if everyone is okay with this then great if not we can just use our RTA then wait through cutscene then check the time method.

Personally I think we should do this because just adding 3 minutes on because of the cutscene is pointless, we could have already been exiting out after last input anyway which is something I've been meaning to bring up. Also since skipping the credits is technically an input are we splitting our RTA times to early and at a different time then IGT? Thoughts?

(Also, just in case anyone is unaware, IGT only stops when you hit escape, during loading screens, on the quest screen, and after tabbing to anything else after opening the menu (inventory/blueprints/abilities). (If you open inventory/blueprints/abilities directly then the IGT won't stop, this is most likely a bug and I've only tested this on the newest patch)
Edit history:
Oginam: 2015-03-16 06:33:15 pm
Oginam: 2015-03-16 06:16:55 pm
Oginam: 2015-03-16 06:16:54 pm
Hey, it's been a while since I've been in here. Any of you planning on submitting this for SGDQ? I'm gonna pick it back up and learn all the new stuff (which is apparently a lot, good grief) for a submission unless someone else is going.

I intend on running the game with manager but keeping decent looking graphics for the submission (if I do one) since the game looking good will be a plus for it getting in.

EDIT: Also, what patch do ya'll use and is there a somewhat detailed video or pastebin for the route? Especially an explanation for the save warping?
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-16 10:39:25 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 10:37:59 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 10:34:03 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 09:51:49 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 09:25:50 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 09:17:54 pm
redemption99: 2015-03-16 09:00:44 pm
I was thinking of submitting it but i haven't 100% planned on going yet so feel free to. (not sure about anyone else's intentions)

the 1.5 patch (Currently in use by me an ten) did help out a bit with the FPS so mess around with it a little bit before going crazy with the manager.

The most detailed video would be just watching my world record run for my route or ten's video for his route. Difference between the two is I climb the towers at night and grab early flags to hit 5 agility before 2nd tower in pact with rais while ten does them during the day and doesn't try to hit level 5 agility as fast.

Save warping is simple, track a quest or Quarantine Zone then quit out and load back in and it will put you nearer to where that quest is. (Just make sure the dialog ends/quest has changed objectives before you warp or you can have some fun backtracking to hit triggers)

Working on a google doc of the warps/glitches/tricks: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uyWl5Z_H6luk4hfBj5ofT2YnL7xBV7tvFRNlcCVcKLY/edit?usp=sharing

This will not include routing like 'how to go from point A to B' and will only focus on warps/tricks/skips/anything out of the normal route.

*edit* I will try to add video clips onto the document where needed when I get a chance to do a lot of highlighting.
If you exit out after the final hit on Rais, does the game count that as complete? If not then we should probably be keeping the cutscene in? As for RTA timing being early, that doesn't even matter. Yeah if you're doing SDA submissions you would want it to be on the final input. But we can be timing that however we want.

Thanks for that IGT program! I gotta try it out next time.
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-03-17 12:13:13 am
redemption99: 2015-03-17 12:08:16 am
redemption99: 2015-03-17 12:06:14 am
If you exit out right after the final input you would have 98% game completion.

So i guess we'll just continue with how we are timing it now unless someone has a better idea. Not sure how to use the IGTimer then though since we'd have to split it as we hit the credit skip to get an accurate time for IGT splits.
You gotta complete the game. That's when timing stops. So, the total time on the save file is correct. If you want the splits to be accurate, find out when the game saves for the last time. I'm taking a guess here, but I'd assume it is the 'real last input', which is when you hit the space bar to skip the credits. I'd check to see if the last save of the game is made there.