Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Brilliant work, bravo Demon.
Anyone know if the update today fixed duping or is it safe to update?
If we were you, we would quit now.
1.4.0 removed duping.
So don't update then Haha
I updated to verify that they removed duping. That's when I wrote that message there.
Don't worry guys, I just found a new way to dupe which can be even faster than the previous one.
This one is way more precise than the older one but works fine with some practice :
Whats the method for the new way Twikax?
Edit history:
TenShots: 2015-02-14 08:58:42 pm
Nice!

He's opening up the storage and hitting right (or D) + enter as soon as he gets control. If you do it right then you can freely move around the menu with the pop up.
Ah i see, its a fair bit more challenging the first few times but it definitely is potentially much faster.
New PB. And, yes, it is on 1.4.0 using Twikax duping.

RTA: 2:17:00
IGT: 2:13:04
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/demonstrate86/c/6127156
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-02-18 12:05:10 am
In-game time is only 3 seconds ahead, but real-time was significantly faster. I lost in-game time at the start of the run from not doing the save-load when gather herbs, because only 2 normal herbs spawned.
I've also submitted it to http://www.speedrun.com/dyinglight, but that leaderboard hasn't been updated for several days now. So, I don't know when it'll be put there.

RTA: 2:13:31
IGT: 2:10:11
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/demonstrate86/c/6135812
YouTube:
Part 1:

Part 2:
Truljin @ Twitch
If you follow me on Twitter you already know that my internet was out for a week, got my new modem today so I can get back into things.
Was hoping Tirean would sort the leaderboard out but he is currently on vacation so had to do it myself.
Cheers for that Truljin.
I would like to cement what we currently believe to be 100% so there is no confusion to the meaning (Games calculator is only quests)

My views right now is.

15/15 Story Missions
51/51 Sidequests
100/100 Zombie Statues
30/30 Flags
36/36 Notes
17/17 Journals
16/16 Recordings
& finally 40/40 Blueprints.

Ill route it as best i can once we can agree on a full category, hopefully enough to attempt a no reset marathon run this weekend.
Truljin @ Twitch
Is there anyone who plan to route All Missions?
I could probably make a basic one during my 100% routing more than likely, obviously nothing optimized but a general idea sort of thing.
Truljin @ Twitch
Remember guys, we have a Skype group that we can use for discussing things, just add me on Skype (same name as here) and I will add you.
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-02-17 05:29:46 am
As per Oginam's recommendation, the next run I do, I'm going to limit my FPS to 60. I believe it'll make quite a difference in my time (negatively). I think it is probably the fair way to do timing. And, depending on how it works out, I'd consider recommending clearing the leaderboards and put in the FPS cap as part of the requirements for running the game. Unfortunately, it is all based on the honor system, but I like to at least show my FPS for now so people can see how the game runs on my current system, and how their times might compare to mine based on the FPS.

Edit: Based on how laggy the video is for my stream after just watching bits and pieces of it, I think I'm going to re-enable hyper threading and no longer set the CPU priority for the game.
Truljin @ Twitch
Like I said before my internet went down, I have no issues limiting the frame-rate to 60 and the leader-boards would be cleared out to accommodate for the new rules, going to practice a bit today so I can do a new run as soon as possible with all the new stuff.
My vote is towards capping, anything that promotes a level playing ground in both rta and igt is a good thing.
Truljin @ Twitch
I tested a different route for First Assignment after we spoke on Skype earlier, after the GRE call I went straight to The Tower, leveled up to get my Grappling Hook and crafted 5 Speed Boosters, then I did the mission as normal.
Only timed it once and I saved about 18 seconds, in a good attempt it could go beyond 20.
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-02-17 09:45:43 am
Quote from lillbrorsan:
I tested a different route for First Assignment after we spoke on Skype earlier, after the GRE call I went straight to The Tower, leveled up to get my Grappling Hook and crafted 5 Speed Boosters, then I did the mission as normal.
Only timed it once and I saved about 18 seconds, in a good attempt it could go beyond 20.

I'd recommend doing it immediately after you dupe the relief packages. Then, leave the Tower, save & quit. According to my understanding of the save/load logic, when you load, you should be at the safe house. Then, dupe speed potions, grapple up to the GRE call, do the cars and go to the train yard.

Edit: Save/Load logic from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight/comments/2vr08k/tip_fast_travel_near_almost_anywhere/
Truljin @ Twitch
Will do some more testing tomorrow, hopefully with a fully functional Dying Light Manager. Would love if the developer menu for 1.4 was updated as well.
Are we all agreeing to capping the fps then? Have to change the leader-board in that case.
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-17 03:32:04 pm
Truljin @ Twitch
By the way, for anyone trying to use the Developer Menu with the latest patch, this is how I got it to work.

1. Select the 'data' folder you extracted from the downloaded file.
2. Package it to a new zip file
3. Rename it to Data3.pak
4. Put the new file into Dying Light/DW
5. Should work now, have fun!
Quote from Nazzy:
I would like to cement what we currently believe to be 100% so there is no confusion to the meaning (Games calculator is only quests)

My views right now is.

15/15 Story Missions
51/51 Sidequests
100/100 Zombie Statues
30/30 Flags
36/36 Notes
17/17 Journals
16/16 Recordings
& finally 40/40 Blueprints.

Ill route it as best i can once we can agree on a full category, hopefully enough to attempt a no reset marathon run this weekend.

Do blueprints include all the ones that are used to modify weapons? Are any of those random purchases from vendors?