Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Has anyone tried taking a challenge warp into the pit? Or is this not possible?
If we were you, we would quit now.
Quote from redemption99:
Has anyone tried taking a challenge warp into the pit? Or is this not possible?

Challenges don't persist across loading zones or game sessions.
Truljin @ Twitch
Trying to find the timer in the game using CheatEngine so we can get a AutoSplitter going...
Quote from lillbrorsan:
Trying to find the timer in the game using CheatEngine so we can get a AutoSplitter going...

Here are a list of Mods made for Chrome Engine 4. Dying Light uses Chrome Engine 6, but I can't imagine they would significantly change how their Game Timer functionality works.
http://www.moddb.com/engines/chrome-engine-4/downloads

I'm sure someone who had made one of these mods would have an idea on how to get access to the timer. It would probably make sense to make a Dying Light mod that allows LiveSplit to access the timer and access level transitions, game session changes, etc.
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-02-24 08:45:19 pm
I figured out a way to warp from the calls to start Extraction. I tried all the likely Challenge warps we could do, but only 1 was useful. In that 1 useful Challenge warp, it came down to fractions of a second to making it in time, which would be a run buster if you didn't make it in time. So, I threw that out the window.

The non-Challenge warp route that I figured out:
1. After leaving The Clinic, warp to University (I kept calling it Library before, but that's because I forgot what it was called) using Rupert the Gunsmith.
2. Make sure to keep Rupert the Gunsmith active.
3. Go to White Tower(that is the name I'm giving the tall building that you call Troy/Rais from, since it has no name).
4. At White Tower, deathwarp by standing on the railing and throwing a grenade. Less specific standing position is required for this one.
5. After dying, you will be back at University. You will be moving very slowly. This is post-Troy call and pre-Rais call.
6. Again, make sure to keep Rupert the Gunsmith active.
7. Leave the University and use the grappling hook to get back to White Tower.
8. Using a very specific climb, stand on the stone ledge of White Tower.
9. Death warp again using a grenade. You'll be back at University again.
10. Talk to Mufid to cancel the Rais call.
11. Select Mother's Day and warp to the Slums, right outside of Rais's Tower (if you went through that area as you were leaving Slums earlier in the run).
Ummm. So the run I just did was terrible. But, it still beat the WR for the IGT. So, yeah. Also, I found the craziest thing in the world. I found a teleport. Not a warp. A teleport. It was nuts.

RTA: 2:12:22
IGT: 2:04:57
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/demonstrate86/c/6195995

I don't think I'll be putting this run on Speedrun.com. I can make a better run tomorrow.

Here is the Broadcast Teleport:
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 05:53:48 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 05:53:16 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 05:52:52 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 05:46:52 am
Truljin @ Twitch
Had a really bad run, only saved about 9 seconds IGT, going to do some changes and try again soon while hopefully be playing good this time.
After you do the antenna climb on Broadcast and hook up the amplifier, use Rupert the Gunsmith and just go in/out of the sewers.
There isn't any checkpoints you have to hit along the way?
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2015-02-25 07:58:13 am
Quote from redemption99:
There isn't any checkpoints you have to hit along the way?

I'm pretty sure he is correct. Also, I believe that we can skip waiting for Michael's dialog when we are blowing up that building. I after we place the last detonator, simply start his dialog and then go OoB, get down to the detonator, and proceed from there.

Edit: I should be more specific. I meant that we skip the cutscene on the elevator. I think that cutscene is set up in a similar way to the one at the start of the game that we skip using OoB. Though, there could be a trigger on pressing the button, which would be unfortunate.
Interesting, have to try that out today (as to get practice doing that)
Edit history:
TenShots: 2015-02-25 09:28:33 am
Yeah no triggers to hit after the antenna.
And also, a different setup for the Rais call nade throw

Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 09:44:09 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 09:37:22 am
Truljin @ Twitch
Just finished my runs for today, ended at 2:03:35 IGT but not going to submit it as someone will beat it with the new stuff.
Will do more runs tomorrow with a few things that I missed and also the new stuff.
Quote from TenShots:
And also, a different setup for the Rais call nade throw

The problem is, on the Rais call (compared to the Troy call), the trigger area extends to the railing. So, what you were standing on after you leaped up would have triggered the sequence. It might work only because you are throwing it in mid air, but it seems like it might be risky.
Yeah I tried it on the actual mission. Didn't have a problem getting the grenade throw off before landing on the rail.
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 09:53:45 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 09:52:25 am
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 09:44:46 am
Truljin @ Twitch
Quote from DemonStrate:
I meant that we skip the cutscene on the elevator. I think that cutscene is set up in a similar way to the one at the start of the game that we skip using OoB. Though, there could be a trigger on pressing the button, which would be unfortunate.

Would like to see a complete runthrough of Public Face using this or at least the new idea to pull this off Cheesy

Will do some testing tomorrow.

Btw, Thursday next week I am going to do a run of this game for Sick Kids Marathon 2, if anyone wants to commentate it don't hesitate to post!
It will be done at 12PM EST.
So many new things to test out and I still need to get my routes down for grappling/parkouring.

I wouldn't mind do some commenting on a run but I am working (from home) that day so not 100% sure I could continuously comment for 2 hours but I would be willing to give it a try if possible.
Quote from lillbrorsan:
Btw, Thursday next week I am going to do a run of this game for Sick Kids Marathon 2, if anyone wants to commentate it don't hesitate to post!
It will be done at 12PM EST.

I'd like to help out with commenting, but I'd have to convince my boss it is for a good cause. Do you have any official information/webpage for this event? I tried looking on http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/get-involved/events/event-listing, but didn't see an event listing for it.
Just tested out an OOB route in public face, but there is a trigger on the way to the detenator...you have to push the elevator button to go back down. It is possible to climb all the way down.
Quote from redemption99:
Just tested out an OOB route in public face, but there is a trigger on the way to the detenator...you have to push the elevator button to go back down. It is possible to climb all the way down.

I'm confused. Is the trigger pushing the elevator button, or is the trigger in the hallway that leads to the detonator?
Edit history:
redemption99: 2015-02-25 12:55:16 pm
The trigger is pushing the button in the elevator that is stuck on the 5th floor Sad

If you go to the bottom floor no enemies have spawned and there is a trigger indicator pointing back up 5 floors to the elevator.
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 03:01:39 pm
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 03:01:34 pm
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 03:00:52 pm
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 03:00:04 pm
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-25 02:59:30 pm
Truljin @ Twitch
Quote from redemption99:
The trigger is pushing the button in the elevator that is stuck on the 5th floor Sad

If you go to the bottom floor no enemies have spawned and there is a trigger indicator pointing back up 5 floors to the elevator.

That sucks so bad Sad

As for the event, it is for http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/ but the event itself doesn't have a page cause of money issues.
Schedule: https://horaro.org/sgsk2/schedule
Donation page: https://www.sickkidsdonations.com/registrant/donate.aspx?eventid=13975&langpref=en-CA&SPID=15085775

They should have a thread of it on this forum as well.
Got a 'better' run but still had significant mistakes. Also, I didn't get the death warp during Rais's call for unknown reasons. The game decided to throw an invisible grenade. Lol.

Again, this is the WR for IGT, but I really care very little about IGT. I'd rather see a video that is less than 2 hours long.
RTA: 2:09:55
IGT: 2:02:21
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/demonstrate86/c/6203054

I'm not submitting a new run to speedrun.com until my RTA is less than my previous run.
Truljin @ Twitch
I've also had an invisible grenade once but not during a run, not sure if it is interrupted or what actually causes it.
Edit history:
lillbrorsan: 2015-02-26 10:26:20 am
Truljin @ Twitch
Well, had two runs today, first one ended up at 2:00:01 IGT...

My second one was WAY better but still missed the Rais skip, was so damn close to getting it quickly.
Some other minor mistakes as well but one of my more decent run as of late.
RTA: 2:02:56
IGT: 1:57:49
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/truljin/c/6205323