<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Yeah don't worry about capture-enabled 3DSes, I know romscout and vulajin have them, and they will be there.
The Dork Knight himself.
How do we pitch race ideas? Would that be a separate category for the game in question? The reason I'm asking is because one of the games I want to pitch has the possibility to be played alone (if I'm the only person who submits it), a 2-3 person race (if others pitch it) or, if we get 4 people, a coop race. The problem is that, if these are all separate categories then it would immediately invalidate my submission for any games since it would go over the category limit.
Edit history:
Monkoloko: 2014-08-16 04:57:31 pm
Monkoloko: 2014-08-16 02:40:41 pm
Okay thanks guys, that takes a huge load off of my mind ^_^

EDIT: So what do I do if I don't have a webcam for submitting a game?
I have the same problem, only this time with the Xbox 360. And after looking up the prices, it's about half the price of a 3DS capture card, and I don't have that at the moment. And I may as well stick to the same plan, because there is no way I can get a capture card until February.
Quote from Dolfinh:
Hi there, I have a couple of questions:

- I will 100% be able to attend AGDQ 2015 but my next round of classes is starting during the marathon. Should I include the date(s) I intend to be there in my submission, or is this something that is discussed after games are picked?

- How does the games history in GDQ's affect submissions? The game I plan on submitting was ran at SGDQ 2013 (Ecco 2) and I remember seeing "this was already run at a [previous GDQ]" as a reason for rejection during some of the cuts for SGDQ 2014.

I also have a similar question to this. It's probably unlikely that I could go to AGDQ, and I'm expecting to see a ton of submissions for the game I'm planning to play anyway, which is shovel knight (although, I run 100% as compared to the more popular any%).

I guess my question is, if I submitted a 100% Shovel Knight run for SGDQ, would it get rejected because Shovel Knight any% was at AGDQ?
Obscure games ftw
It wouldn't be outright rejected, but the chance would be lower (excepting an incredible crowd reaction, which could result in a sort of encore showing of a different category next marathon).
Edit history:
youdeli2: 2014-08-16 08:12:04 pm
Quote from I have no name:
It wouldn't be outright rejected, but the chance would be lower (excepting an incredible crowd reaction, which could result in a sort of encore showing of a different category next marathon).

Oh, oh well, I'd love to take part in one of the marathons at some point, I guess I'll just have to settle for being excited to know the ins and outs of a game for once. Cheesy
My feelings on The Demon Rush
honorablejay: A race isn't a category, since it doesn't technically change anything in the game, but a co-op run is a different category.

youdeli2: Not necessarily, depends on how well shovel knight does at AGDQ.
So i can't submit brewtime any% again ?
Exoray
You can still submit it, but the chances of it making it might be lower if it's a direct repeat
Will there be any Apple keyboards available?
For Fun! For GLORY!!
Quote from HDL:

If it's for a run you're submitting, It's best you always bring everything yourself. Having to rely on someone else to bring a game or equipment is a baaaaaad idea.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from HDL:

PC Runners, like console runners, are expected to bring their own "controllers". We will have very cheap basic mouse and keyboards for each PC, but if you want to use something better, you better bring it.

Also, since it's an Apple keyboard, it better not be bluetooth. While the PCs should have bluetooth, I'm not going to be making any promises.
Rising Warrior!
I have a simple question. If the game I'm running is a Steam game, how does one go about "bringing it" to AGDQ? Do I log on my Steam and install it while I'm there or... do I buy it for their account, or am I expected to bring a PC with it on it. (That seems like not the answer, as I imagine that would butcher their Streaming equipment.)
Get over here!
Quote from Skiegh:
I have a simple question. If the game I'm running is a Steam game, how does one go about "bringing it" to AGDQ? Do I log on my Steam and install it while I'm there or... do I buy it for their account, or am I expected to bring a PC with it on it. (That seems like not the answer, as I imagine that would butcher their Streaming equipment.)

You bring it on a USB drive / stick with you. Easy as that. Either all game files or as a steam backup.
Not sure if this has already been answered, but I'm in the middle of moving right now and don't feel comfortable submitting my game(s) just yet. I know it's not a "first come, first serve" thing, but are later submissions less likely to get accepted than those near the beginning of the period?
Quote from burningsoup:
Not sure if this has already been answered, but I'm in the middle of moving right now and don't feel comfortable submitting my game(s) just yet. I know it's not a "first come, first serve" thing, but are later submissions less likely to get accepted than those near the beginning of the period?

They shouldn't be.
Here's a few questions that I have:

1. This is my first time speedrunning, and I have no idea where to sign up.

2. If I have to submit a video to show my splits, Can I submit a screenshot of my Splits instead?

3. I don't have an Xbox 360 capture card, nor do I plan to get one in the near future. Will Capture cards be supplied at the event?
Edit history:
Chrno: 2014-08-17 11:08:15 am
WOW.
Quote from ZeroArsov:

2. If I have to submit a video to show my splits, Can I submit a screenshot of my Splits instead?

3. I don't have an Xbox 360 capture card, nor do I plan to get one in the near future. Will Capture cards be supplied at the event?

1. Sign-ups open (supposed too, anyway) in 2 or so hours.
2. Maybe
3. Yes
Edit history:
Partystar: 2014-08-17 11:19:14 am
Partystar: 2014-08-17 11:14:43 am
Will there be a list of offers that'll be (automatically) updated with new submissions? I'm always interested in what people have to offer.
Quote from ZeroArsov:

1. http://gamesdonequick.com/registration  You can go ahead and register right now. Submissions will not go live until ~3PM (less than 2 hours from this post).

2. We're more interested in a demonstration of you actually playing the game you're submitting. We don't want someone who claims to be getting great times but actually isn't. You don't need to have a video during your submission, but if your run is accepted, you will definitely be asked to prove it at some point. A capture or stream is usually the ideal, but a ghetto webcam recording is enough in the worst case scenario. Mike will talk to people about this for the status of their runs, his word is final.

3. We will have all the equipment necessary for streaming at the event. You will be expected to bring your game, your controller, and potentially the console you're playing on, depending on what is available.
Quote from Partystar:
Will there be a list of offers that'll be updated with new submissions. I'm always interested in reading what other people offer.

Currently there's no plan to show what everyone has submitted. Mike may later create or authorize the creation of a list, but that's up to him. It may only be a list of accepted runs.

The site will show you the status of your submissions, however.
That kinda makes me sad. This means we won't see the better submission texts. (Taz, Link's Awakening, and a bunch of Drogbass's SGDQ submissions standout)
Edit history:
Linkinito: 2014-08-17 11:52:52 am
Linkinito: 2014-08-17 11:52:37 am
Linkinito: 2014-08-17 11:52:29 am
Linkinito: 2014-08-17 11:52:25 am
Linkinito: 2014-08-17 11:35:58 am
Linkinito: 2014-08-17 11:35:46 am
Linkinito: 2014-08-17 11:34:49 am
Linkinito: 2014-08-17 11:29:41 am
This is my avatar
Well, runners could post a copy of their submissions in this thread (or another thread) to make them visible to everyone. It was quite fun to see Spikevegeta's streams about the submissions, and debating/discussing about what could be selected. Not everybody would do it but we'd get a general idea.

Something like this:
Quote:
Thread name: AGDQ 2015 applicants, share your submissions! [THIS IS NOT THE SUBMISSION THREAD]
Quote:
THIS IS NOT THE THREAD TO APPLY FOR AWESOME GAMES DONE QUICK 2015.
GO HERE IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT YOUR RUNS FOR THE MARATHON.

If you apply to get a run into AGDQ 2015, this is a thread where you can post a copy of your submission. It was quite fun to see all the submissions in the past GDQ marathons. But now, the submission system has changed, being done through a better secured procedure via the GDQ Registration website. Even though it will be better for the organization, the system is now much more closed, and the general public, runners included, won't be able to see everybody's submissions.

Some people usually adapt their submissions in function of other runners. If they see that a game X has been proposed already 10 times including one by the WR holder, they will probably propose another game instead. Also, normal people can see what everyone has proposed and discuss about them (SpikeVegeta streams for example). It was quite awesome and social to see and debate about which games could make the final list.

If you are a runner, you are not forced to post your submission here, but it would be very appreciated to have the maximum amount of runners with their submissions so we can all keep an eye on the applications, and find out which games are proposed day after day.
MarioKart 8 MLG Baby #Kappa
Quick Question.

Do we have to submit all the Games all at once or can we add the next games (up to the limit) until the End Day?