--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Talk to the Hand
Quote from Letsremax:
Quick Question.

Do we have to submit all the Games all at once or can we add the next games (up to the limit) until the End Day?

I was wondering this as well, are multiple submissions (Of different games) allowed? I know you claim it's not First-Come-First-Serve, and ideally it wouldn't work that way...but unless you're going to wait to make any decisions until the entire submission period is over, functionally, it is partly first-come-first-serve (Since any likely accepts submitted early on leave less room for later submissions regardless of their quality).
Edit history:
MURPHAGATOR!: 2014-08-17 11:54:15 am
Terraffirmative!
The first round of submissions has always left more runs in than there is time available on the schedule with more trimmed later, so saying there's "less room" isn't really accurate.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
The form is designed so it's a send-once operation. Don't send in your submission until you are 100% done with it.

The only modifications allowed for the form (will be implemented later this week) will be withdrawing your submission, and altering your availability dates.
If other people's submissions are not being shown, will there at least be a shovel knight submission count for betting informational purposes?
So with the new system, especially since submissions aren't editable and you still have to put in all games at once, is it more okay to take a couple extra days to get your submission together and put new PB videos up without feeling so rushed? I feel like in the past there was a strong correlation between submitting quickly and making the first cut, especially if somebody submitted your game first (worse time or not).
Obscure games ftw
This was probably answered earlier in the thread, but how should setup time be included in the estimate, if at all?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Submissions: I decided to make them open for transparency's sake. If this gets abused I might close them so that only accepted submissions are shown.

Multiple submissions: Don't do this because it really clogs up submissions and you're breaking a rule (more than one submission by the same person), you'll be able to edit your submissions later, so either take your time right now or submit later when you can edit your submissions, you do have a little over 2 weeks.

First come first serve: It's not, I've accepted later submissions (and so has romscout), we always accept more than 150 hours for the first round so we see what we have to work with.

Linkinito: No point because submissions will be open and that will clog the forum insane amounts.

nmaster64: Yes, it's fine if you want to take a couple of extra days. The ability to edit submissions will be implemented, just not right now. Also as a general rule we take the person with the best time.

I have no name: Only include time for rng/worst case run, we'll add setup time ourselves.
This is my avatar
Yay, open submissions! You are all the man, Mike, Matty, and all the SDA team. Smiley
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Regarding viewing submissions: I will have a page where you will be able to view all submissions (or accepted, if Mike needs to change it later) shortly after launch.
Really cool that submissions are open. This way the game submission process is more exciting. You might get to see a game you've never heard of before or find a cool runner you like to follow. And for hype sake!
Sorry about editing submissions, I was wrong. It's only for changing available dates and withdrawing submissions because of potential abuse.
Edit history:
ZeroArsov: 2014-08-17 12:59:26 pm
I still have no idea where the form is for submissions.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.
Cause it's not been posted yet ... ?
MrGrunz is a guay
If we have a donation incentive idea that would add time to the run (5-10 minutes), should that be noted in the pitch or left alone until later?
That's amazing you found the form because we haven't posted it yet.

You can note it in the pitch if there is space, zfg.
To be honest, doesn't take a genius to know what to add to the url :p
You should probably wait until the people running the marathon actually post the link before submitting but what do I know
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/agdq_2015_game_submissions__due_date_is_september_3rd_1159_edt.html