<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Terraffirmative!
If people try to abuse extra slots for categories to add games, just ignore their entire submission, easy.
What Murph said.  This is what was stated in the AGDQ 2014 topic, so the same rule can be applied here.
Gotta go fast!
I remember seeing somewhere that there would be too many submissions to give a reason for rejection for each game anymore but would it be possible for you to post general feedback after sorting out the games list based on common reasons for rejecting games etc. based on this years submissions just so any common issues could be easily addressed? Just a random thought I had just now and if its not feasible or if you guys don't think it would be worth it that's fine it was just an idea!
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Murph and StingerPA: You know, that makes more sense and makes it easier for people to add categories to their games, it shouldn't be too difficult to enforce.

jetfirexx: I can definitely give general reasons after the games are more sorted out.
Edit history:
BroBuzz: 2014-08-15 07:05:54 pm
Quick question: I don't have any recordings of my own actual runs from the two games I plan on submitting. (Don't have a capable capture card for either system) So, can I simply link to runs with a similar time to mine instead?
I'd rather not see that BroBuzz because I'd prefer to see your own progress in it, but if that's the only route I guess you can do that. However, how are you going to easily show us progress?
Edit history:
BroBuzz: 2014-08-15 07:25:40 pm
BroBuzz: 2014-08-15 07:25:06 pm
Um, I can just post my splits for the two games if that works. I don't think it's an issue of progress as my skill level is comparable to other runs, seeing as not as many other people run single segment in either game. If it's that much of an issue, I can do some shitty camcorder recordings.
I have the same problem as BroBuzz, i don't have a capture card for some of my games so i can't show much progress, however i CAN show my splits. Would that help, or no?
"Let's put a SMILE on that face!"
I can provide a video of someone else's PB of the same route, but I can't quite stream progress just yet (but I will be able to soonish).  Is that okay, as long as I point that out in the pitch?
Yeah same problem for me, don't have the right capturing card for it yet. So posting splits I guess?
Same problem here. If posting splits is allowed, then I can make a good presentation.
Insanity Prelude
Question: If your video is on two separate links, how should you fill out that form?
If you know, you can foresee
I have a question about the "Run Video" portion of the form. I'm aware that it requests you submit your fastest possible time; however, I recently did a run with full commentary on the route, strategies, etc., to simulate what the marathon commentary would be like were my game to get in. This run is much slower than my PB (but still below my estimate). Should I link the PB video, or the full commentary video?
Regarding capture and stream: You really don't need a good computer to capture video and stream. Essentia still uses a pentium 4 afaik, and that's 10 years old, and back in 2010 I used a laptop with a single core 1.5ghz and could stream. USB capture devices range from 20-50 dollars which isn't a ton of money. If you have a webcam on your laptop and it's visible, then do that. I just need proof that you are playing your game.

Tide: If you can fit it in your description, then put the links in there, if you have spare game slots then fit them in there I guess.

Claude: That's a good question and I would say marathon because that's more likely what you're going to do if the game is accepted.
Okay. And as a side note, I used a stopwatch app on my Smartphone to time myself, So expect a Smartphone with my splits in the webcam.
Edit history:
Romi: 2014-08-16 01:15:53 am
So do we speak about incentives in the Run Description or later if it's in the marathon ? cause mine has a huge list of possibilities.
Not a walrus
You can mention that it has good incentives but save the details for later.
Thank you UA. Will do.
Well my game is on 3DS and I really don't have $300 right now to buy a 3DS capture card. What do I do about that?
Edit history:
starsarealigned: 2014-08-16 11:26:45 am
starsarealigned: 2014-08-16 11:26:33 am
Monkoloko: 

Quote from mikwuyma:
If you have a webcam on your laptop and it's visible, then do that. I just need proof that you are playing your game.

EDIT: Ah, if you were talking about playing at the actual marathon, I do believe that there are cards on-site that might be able to be used, if you ask nicely.
They might be people that have 3DS capture card on site (I'm one of them for example) so try your luck.
Quote from Romi:
They might be people that have 3DS capture card on site (I'm one of them for example) so try your luck.

What are you implying? Lol
So you can run your game at the event ?
Oh yeah, that was my initial plan, lol.
I will be at the event and will be bringing my capture-capable 3DS, and I won't be the only one doing so.