Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-12-20 07:37:55 am
mikwuyma: 2013-11-11 05:17:02 pm
mikwuyma: 2013-11-11 04:55:56 pm
mikwuyma: 2013-11-11 04:27:49 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
http://gamesdonequick.com/gdq

Yes, it took us a while (well, more like Cool Matty) to get the registration page up, but it's finally up. I'm sure many people are wondering why it took so long, and there's two reasons.

1. We've expanded past a google spreadsheet or form for keeping track of registrations, and we needed an actual database.

2. We really didn't want to screw up the payments, and Paypal's API is not always super cooperative.

A couple of notes:

-We're aware the site looks fairly plain, but we just wanted to get it up ASAP because it's pretty late as is. Cool Matty says he'll restyle it later. If you have any criticism or complaints, make sure it's about the site's functionality, and not the look.

-The registration deadline is the December 20, because that's when payment to the Crowne is due, and the last day you can reserve a hotel room is the day after, the 21st.

-As I said earlier, it's 40 dollars for one day, and 75 for multiple days.

-Anyone 15 or under can come for free if they're accompanied by a parent/legal guardian (otherwise they're not getting in) I don't have the permission slip for 16 and 17 year olds yet, it took me longer than anticipated to get one.

-The FAQ is up on the site

The process is pretty simple, but I made a simple list of things you need to do to register.

Registration list

1. Click "register for games done quick" and fill in the info, then you'll receive an email.

2. Login to your email and verify your email address by clicking on the link.

3. Login and create your user profile, then click the "Go Back Home" link after creating your profile.

4. Sign up with your info.

5. Pay via paypal, or credit card if you don't have Paypal. If for some reason you can't pay now, you can defer payment and then contact me if you can't pay until you attend.

Big thanks to Cool Matty for making this page!
Thread title:  
Quote:
it's 40 dollars for one day, and 75 for a single day.

Got some duplicate/misinfo in here by mistake.
Whoops, fixed.
Regged up
I like how I'm paying to "Mike Uyama LLC". Mike has turned into a company now.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
My one complaint is that when you get done, it just feels like it abruptly ends the process. And there's no where that says if you registration went through. So at this point it just seems like I'm assuming everything went ok since I was billed.
darkman78: Haha, yeah, I just incorporated about a month and a half ago. I eventually want to do other fundraising projects, which is why I did it in the first place.

rudyxx: You should get an email confirming that you paid.
Visually Appealing
All signed up and paid.
Just a guy
Quote from mikwuyma:
-The registration deadline is the 20th, because that's when payment to the Crowne is due, and the last day you can reserve a hotel room is the 21st.

Of December... right?
Games!
Quote from mikwuyma:
-The registration deadline is the 20th, because that's when payment to the Crowne is due, and the last day you can reserve a hotel room is the 21st.

November? December? January Kappa?
DrCoolGuy: Correct. Should have specified the month.
fucking .gif....
been waiting for this.  too damn hype to attend.
Just a guy
Registered by the way. It's finally official!
Student No. 41269
Registered.  Marathon hype!
AHA
And we're off!
All the things
Reg'd and paid.
We require more minerals
Reg'd and paid.
Alright. I'm all set and ready to go!
For Fun! For GLORY!!
All set! Can't wait! Cheesy
StarSong Hype
Set
Claimh Happy
Registered and paid. Eager to see everyone.
meeeeeeeeeow
Paying $80 because USD->CAD is a pain but woo registered~
I'm addicted to games
Does the email used to register have to correspond to the email used to login to paypal?
Radix, good question. The answer is no, it doesn't. The email just has to be a working email because that's how you log into the site.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Radix, good question. The answer is no, it doesn't. The email just has to be a working email because that's how you log into the site.

This. The email you provide for GDQ is how we contact you, how you log in, etc. The PayPal stuff is strictly for paying, we don't care what you use there.