Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2013-12-29 12:40:04 am
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Extra stats, up to date as of this posting:

340 paid, staying at hotel
49 paid, not at hotel

17 paid, single-day pass (1 night or less)

389 paid signups total

426 grand total signups (paid + unpaid, hotel or not)

Counting those who made prior arrangements with Mike for payment later, we'll probably just barely break 400 people at the marathon total.
Only 4 times as many as last year... Insane really.
Edit history:
Strongfox: 2013-12-29 12:54:45 pm
Quote from PJ:
423?  Holy shit!  :O

Quote from Mecha Richter:
Jesus Christ.

Mother Of God.
and how many chairs in front of the projector screen?
LLCoolDave said in IRC that there will be round about 100 seats
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Yes, around 100. Some runs are going to be really crowded, but for most runs that should cover it fine because it's usually no more than 10-20% watching runs at any given time.
Edit history:
Strongfox: 2013-12-29 03:27:25 pm
Quote from mikwuyma:
Yes, around 100. Some runs are going to be really crowded, but for most runs that should cover it fine because it's usually no more than 10-20% watching runs at any given time.

IMO if it gets extremely crowded, I think a good suggesting would be to direct some people to the food/eating room to watch some the run and also in the casual room as well to watch it. Maybe have a monitor or 2 in each room set up for that. Also It would help for people who don't want to stand in back behind chairs or to the side of them to see projector or side of couch/TV area. It would also help in reducing some of the noise simply made by moving feet and stuff from the standing people, if it gets to loud.
I already have a 60 inch hd tv for the food room. I'll need a laptop with hdmi, but the tv part is covered.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Just an FYI, registration is closed. You may still pay your fee if you have not done so, but those who have not paid or made arrangements with mikwuyma by the time of their arrival will be required to pay their fee in person, plus an extra $5 late fee tacked on.
Assuming 4 to a room, which I know isn't true in all cases...that's 84 rooms just for reg'd people at the hotel. I wonder how many rooms they have there, since I doubt any of us pony'd up for the suites.
Unannouncing this because registration is over.
Just a guy
Quote from elendil004:
Assuming 4 to a room, which I know isn't true in all cases...that's 84 rooms just for reg'd people at the hotel. I wonder how many rooms they have there, since I doubt any of us pony'd up for the suites.

According to my spreadsheet, we're using 73 rooms. But that's only people who posted in the Roommate thread.
According to the last pickup report I got from the Crowne, there are 108 rooms reserved. This was at least a couple of weeks ago, so I wouldn't be shocked if the final count is higher.