page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 4 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Miwa:
Here's a picture of a keychain I made that can be a prize.  If people want other colors as prizes I can do that.  I can also design other things.  Let me know what you think.

That's awesome.  You need to do a 1-UP variation too.  Maybe even the Poison Mushroom (SMB Lost Levels).  But definitely the former.
Everybody's favorite monster
Found my set of viva pinata playing cards that Rare send me after the last marathon. I cant figure out how to play or what to do with them so they would make an excellent prize!
Mercury Zelda:  Thanks.  I'll make sure to do that.  The mushroom is actually made of seed beads which I have manipulated into a self-supported 3D model.  There's nothing inside but air.  It's a tedious process of one bead at a time but I love designing these projects.  Do you want me to just keep posting the pictures on the thread?

Sir VG:  A future post for a 1-UP will be soon-ish.  SDA time, SDA time...

UraniumAnchor:  I would not suggest putting the mushroom in your pocket because they are self-supporting and a high tension project so if you sat or stepped on this mushroom it would explode.  Or at least the beads would crack.  In a flatter design you would only avoid stepping on it.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-09-21 02:21:56 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention about the meat tenderizer is that Tom can engrave it on the sides. If anyone has any ideas, speak up.

He says he can use any sort of vector images in inkscape or illustrator.
Edit history:
Mecha Richter: 2011-09-21 03:18:12 pm
Haters gonna hate
How about Meatboy on one side and Bandage Girl or Dr. Fetus on the other?
I talked to Tom about that idea, and he said the characters were simple enough that it's likely he can engrave them on the sides of the Meat Tenderizer, along with, "Speed Demos Archive AGDQ Super Meat Boy" (or something along those lines).

He also said he does engravings in general, but if it's a more complicated design (anything intricate, more realistic human design), then it'll have to be traced out in Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape first.
I could probably chip in with a couple perlers.
I've got a bunch of perlers made up thath I could donate.

Zelda: I've got 2 large Triforces, about 9 or so pairs each of Triforce  AND heart Earring sized ones,  I've also got 2 sets of boomerang earring sized.

Pacaman:  Pacman and a ghost

Mario: question block (16X16 I think)

And I can make more if there's a request, just try and keep them somewhat small and not a lot of one color, because that kills my beads, then I can't make as much.  coins, fire flowers( I sold all mine already), etc would be awesome.
SGL Scrublord
Do we need more grab bag games? I'm interested in helping with prizes but woefully incompetent in the fine arts. Except cooking, but food doesn't travel well if its not made of polyester.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Sounds like we could use some good grab bag games. Depending on how things go with work and income, I may grab some good games at the annual Black Friday sale my local game shop has.
Edit history:
PJ: 2011-09-25 05:50:12 pm
Is PJ
Did another Lagoon run today.  Died probably close to a dozen times, got lost in a few maps, and was just playing really sloppily overall.  Final time was 1:47:22 or so.  Still in very good shape for the marathon.

Edit:  Because I'm awesome, I misread "Prizes" as "Practice".  As a testament to my greatness, I will not edit this out.
Talk to the Hand
Quote from PJ:
Edit:  Because I'm awesome, I misread "Prizes" as "Practice".  As a testament to my greatness, I will not edit this out.

All that Mohawk must be getting to you. Wink
that Metroidvania guy
So we're giving away PJ's Lagoon run as a prize? Cool beans. Just have D. Scott sign the DVD you sent him and give that away as an additional prize and then we'll never need another prize again for marathons... I hope he's not dead. D;
Is PJ
Haha.  That's a great idea.
Good timing today because my supplies arrived and I could finish this keychain on the same day Cosmo beat the MST world record.

Attachment:
Sup guys. Small update. I finally managed to get some free time and decided that I'd get started on the pictures. So here's what I got so far.
http://tsubouchi.deviantart.com/#/d4c4835
http://tsubouchi.deviantart.com/#/d4c488b
There's gonna be a lot more so stay tuned. Just thought I'd give you a small taste. Smiley
Waiting hurts my soul...
awesome
That is some awesome art, Tsubouchi. I was wondering if you could do a drawing for Sands of Time in the style of the Japanese box art.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/princeofpersia/sandsjp.jpg

If you haven't seen the American box art, then that's a good thing. Tongue
Fucking Weeaboo
Nice work. Smiley
Sea of Green
First post updated, finally. Smiley

Zeo: It's up to you what you want to make. I think we're pretty good on people making perlers now, though. Also, are the earring-sized perlers actually attached to earring backs? I haven't added them to the list because I wasn't sure. I don't think I'd offer them as prizes unless they were already made into earrings.
I'm just trying to impress you.
Quote from Tsubouchi:
Sup guys. Small update. I finally managed to get some free time and decided that I'd get started on the pictures. So here's what I got so far.
http://tsubouchi.deviantart.com/#/d4c4835
http://tsubouchi.deviantart.com/#/d4c488b
There's gonna be a lot more so stay tuned. Just thought I'd give you a small taste. Smiley

these are awesome...
SEGA Junkie
I can throw two actual good games into the grab bag. Assuming I actually beat them first...

I don't really have much to offer cause lol, PAL. I don't even really have a whole bunch of gaming memorabilia and I don't have the skill to make anything myself...
Sea of Green
That would be fine, mike89, just let me know which games they are if you want me to add them.

I updated the first post, hiding each category because I thought it was starting to look a bit cluttered. ^^;
I want to find a different stone or crystal but this is essentially what the design will look like.

Attachment:
Waiting hurts my soul...
So, I finally broke out the perlers tonight and made some stuff for Link to the Past since I noticed the lack of prizes listed for it on the schedule. I have a very limited selection of colors, which I'll rectify eventually, but for now this is the best I can do. Let me know if the colors are terrible. I have enough black to go around, so I should be able to do some more items, but if there are any specific ones people think would garner more interest, then I'll put priority on them.

Two different shots of the same stuff attached, not pressed yet. Anyone who makes perlers have advice on how to prevent over melting?