--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
from red to blue
remar i love you even more no homo
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Hey Remar, I included your offer in the AGDQ schedule, it might not be on the webpage, but it's on the google spreadsheet, at the very least.

Also, Hyper Princess Pitch is awesome! It's a really solid action game with tight controls and good difficulty (so far, but I haven't played War Queen or the highest difficulty). I especially love the piledriver and secret ending, they're quite satisfying. Smiley I have a couple of minor interface quibbles, but this isn't really the place to talk about them so should I pm you or talk about them on the gamefaqs forum?

Quote from Kryal:
remar i love you even more no homo

yes homo
mikwuyma: It's easier on the GameFAQs forum, I usually check it once per day.
aka theenglishman
There might be a second artwork prize coming from one of the regulars on my Resident Evil 4 stream: a portrait of Leon and the Retarded Rocket Launcher (a visual glitch that's an entertainment staple in my stream, where you equip the Infinite Rocket Launcher, get out the knife, and then get interrupted by an attack or cutscene, after which the RL will lie horizontally across Leon's middle while Leon still mimes holding the RL upright).  I definitely want to make that a second prize, should the artist have time for it.
My lords, ladies, and gentlemen,

Behold the Master Sword. The bidding will begin at one thousand rupees.

Attachment:
Fucking Weeaboo
I'll give 2000!
Haters gonna hate
Holy...shit.
Holy crap on a crap cracker that is way more awesome than I could imagine. Now I have to figure out if I can ship the sword outside of the US and Canada.
Edit history:
Tom Folino: 2011-12-11 03:42:13 pm
Hey, that was quick. More pics to come.

First, a few vital stats.
  Length: 32" (80 cm).
  Width at handguard: 5.6" (14 cm).
  Thickest part: that round piece that supports the handguard at 2" (5 cm).
  Blade length: 24" (61 cm)
  Blade width: 1.75" (4.5 cm)
  Blade thickness: .25" (.6 cm)
  Weight: about 4.5lbs (2 kg).

The blade is made of steel. The handle is made of brass. That fine case under it is made of satin and velvet, with a gold cord drawstring. My girlfriend made that.

The color on the blade is not paint. It's actually a layer of iron oxide which is created by the selective application of heat. This means that it will never fade, though it is somewhat... delicate.
SEGA Junkie
Wow, that sword is incredible!

This marathon gets more and more awesome with the great skill and generosity of folks like you!
aka theenglishman

That sword literally brought tears to my eyes.  Holy whack-a-moley.
from red to blue
holy fucking shitballs

i'm in love
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Tom Folino:
My lords, ladies, and gentlemen,

Behold the Master Sword. The bidding will begin at one thousand rupees.

Sea of Green
Holy crap that is amazing. Adding to the first post now. Shocked
Question Tom, do you take commissions? I'm sure a lot of people would want to commission you after seeing this sword and the Meat Tenderizer.
Everybody's favorite monster
I want that sword so bad. i am willing to do everything you want me to..
Just have to figure out how to get it back to the netherlands Sad
Hi guys. Thanks for all the compliments.

Mike, yes I do take commissions. I don't want to turn anyone off, but I will warn you that custom metal work can get pricey.

Also, Mike, I think this is something you can address. I was joking when I implied that people would bid for this. I think that we have to take whatever route raises the most money, and I think that would be a raffle. Maybe you can announce that anyone who donates X amount of money during a Zelda run gets their name in a hat for a drawing at the end. I'm not sure what X would be. Probably not less than $20. Probably not more than $50.
Could I ask you how much it would cost for a master sword? (I don't know if you want to discuss that in a public thread, i'm just curious as i was really impressed by your work)
That is beyond the awesomeness of awesome. Absolutely beautiful sword!
Kirua,

I'm not sure how much it would cost. It's a long story, but the short answer is not less than $1,000, and probably not more than $2,000. On top of that, I'd probably have to make a small batch of them to even meet those numbers. This is because I do not yet own the machinery that it takes to make this stuff, so I'd have to buy machine time from someone else. It took an $80,000 CNC mill to make that blade.
Here are some more views.

Amazing work! This may be a silly question, but does it count as a weapon, potentially making it difficult to send by mail? (I don't know anything about the laws surrounding this.)
I suppose there may be some restrictions on international shipments of bladed items, but it could certainly be shipped anywhere in the USA without a problem.

On top of that, this thing isn't really a weapon anyway because 1.) it's not sharp, and 2.) the steel is not even hard, so even if you did spend many hours putting an edge on it, it wouldn't hold the edge. I realize this may be a disappointment for some, but this absolutely is not a real sword. It's looks like a sword, it feels like a sword, it's all metal, but it doesn't cut.
Sea of Green
Being an "ornamental sword" instead of an actual weapon should help with regards to shipping. I'm not 100% sure of, well, any other countries' shipping policies, but the fact that it's hard to harm someone with it makes it a little less risky to send.
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-12-11 09:59:55 am
Fucking Weeaboo
I'll ask my wife on that, since she works for the USPS.  If she doesn't know, I'm sure she could talk to somebody who does.

Edit: Wife says within the US is fine.  She'll talk to her postmaster later this week to find out about international shipping rules.