page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
tr3nx: 2010-11-22 09:07:16 pm
I just recently got into hl1 speed running, and I just found this: http://img600.imageshack.us/i/c1a4g0002.png.  No clue if that would help you guys but I thought it was interesting.
I would post a video, but I don't know how you guys record in-game like that.
It is known but that strategy is now obsolete due to this trick. You record demos by typing record demoname in console. You can then upload the demo and have people watch it directly in HL. I find it most convenient to use a recording script, someone in this thread might be able to hook you up with that. You could alternatively use Fraps and then render it in Sony Vegas (for example) to make a video.

Don't feel discouraged from speedrunning HL though, finding ways to save seconds in this particular speedrun is quite hard to say the least.
XXY
Just want to mention that, since the rules on the site have changed, you guys won't be able to submit this here. Not saying that to be an ass, I can't submit my Half-Life 2 single segment either. As such, you can time it however you want, meaning no time added for segments. In other words, you can use as many as you want. You mentioned having to use a couple extra saves in Office Complex, Spider, which is why I bring this up.
Quote from slYnki:
Just want to mention that, since the rules on the site have changed, you guys won't be able to submit this here. Not saying that to be an ass, I can't submit my Half-Life 2 single segment either. As such, you can time it however you want, meaning no time added for segments. In other words, you can use as many as you want. You mentioned having to use a couple extra saves in Office Complex, Spider, which is why I bring this up.

which rules have been changed?
Quote from 4Ds:
Quote from slYnki:

which rules have been changed?

Scripts are no longer allowed.
Don't think!  feeeeeal
We still want to honor some sort of segmentation restriction.  .5s rule is generally pretty good; however, if notably different methods can save time, but only with a smaller segmentation penalty, we will still use them.
How about Training? Route is done already?
hi
what route? We are not gonna speedrun the hazard course... only hl story mode.
:(. Anyway. That gramade jump can save few secounds if someone will by doing hc speedrun.
Edit history:
rayvex: 2010-11-28 06:42:08 am
hi
nope it wouldn't really save much time from the simple longjump, because you have to break after the second fence in order to reach the loading trigger anyway.
It's better to save the health for the other 2 grenade jumps after that part.

Me and quadrazid made a HC run not too long ago, so you can see what im talking about:

XXY
Quote from Spider-Waffle:
We still want to honor some sort of segmentation restriction.  .5s rule is generally pretty good; however, if notably different methods can save time, but only with a smaller segmentation penalty, we will still use them.

Fair enough. It'd be fun to see both times at the end of the project.
hi
such a silence here when quad's away.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
Spider-Waffle: 2010-12-06 04:33:25 pm
Spider-Waffle: 2010-12-05 01:00:57 am
Don't think!  feeeeeal
Right now we need someone to help with modding.  I don't suspect anything that we need is that hard to do, but I would like someone that I can be in communication with doing the modding.  So ask around and see if you can find anyone that's willing to help.  We'll credit them in the video of course.

Planning is certainly nearing an end unless something "new" can be found.  Right now there's no single change in the plan that can amount to more than 1s and many things have be planned in efforts to save fractions of seconds.

Here is the plan: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AufQ4CiI2-gsdEJwdTVieFlOaUJBLU5CRTVfY1lxZHc&hl=en&output=html

There's currently an extra AR nade and some extra cells near the end.  Our best ideas to use the AR nade are the long hallway after the ihd, the last ladder before the final resupply room as well but would need an extra nade or AR nade at the top to be worth it.
A Crab
So why do you need to fix the freeze bug rather than use the old version with the FPS cap removed?
Don't think!  feeeeeal
Well we don't really, but that has nothing to do with the modding.  We want a new and improved hlspb mod.
What features are you looking for in a "new and improved" HLSPB? If there's a list already in this thread somewhere, link me to that. I might be able to do what you're looking for.
I'd very much like to see the TC-boost youre planning, I know "that's probably not possible", but do you need to land safe after touching lvl-change trigger or is the transition instant?
Ok now I get it, you boost twice on the slave.
hi
I wonder why though. Isn't the way rofi left the chamber faster than boosting on the slave? And you wouldnt loose hp too using his way.
We exit the chamber about 30s sooner than SW/rofi using the trigger in the roof. Using an alienslave 60hp-headshot to reach it.
Ad infinitum
Quote from quad:
We exit the chamber about 30s sooner than SW/rofi using the trigger in the roof. Using an alienslave 60hp-headshot to reach it.

Say what?! That's... pretty damn impressive I must say.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
Spider-Waffle: 2010-12-08 06:41:03 pm
Don't think!  feeeeeal
Stripe, can you PM or e-mail me some contact info?
Quote from quad:

lolz, cl_pitchdown 180? :>
I think I've sent you a PM, but I don't know - crazy unfamiliar forum system!
(user is banned)
Edit history:
Spider-Waffle: 2010-12-15 08:33:38 pm
Don't think!  feeeeeal
I replied, check private tab in the top right.

I've worked out some new strategies involving 5 more boosts and doing various other small things faster, should save over 5s.  It's looking pretty finalized, just need to test some things out.

Here's link to new plan: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AufQ4CiI2-gsdEJwdTVieFlOaUJBLU5CRTVfY1lxZHc&hl=en&authkey=CNSRsms