--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
quadrazid: 2010-12-25 10:32:09 am
Svart Lyser Tronen
I'm running out of new stuff so I just upload what I've got.

First off, SW's new way to make barney to open the door. 6s faster + extra grenades.
New Office complex box-boost right into the curved wall at 2000ups let us keep speed with duckroll up the stairs and enter corridors with high speed.
Demonstration of the efficient duckroll, which let us keep speed up stairs. At 1000fps the speedloss is minimal and you're able to climb any stair even at 2000ups. Will probably be used up most of the stairs.
Last is just another clip of the new fastfire trick. Looks really poor though. Since some of the segments is only a few frames long. Dunno how to make it look better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/quadrazid for previous videos

suck my ass, this is cool
is there any way you can record these clips in 3rd person up until you record the real run?
XXY
You guys start running yet? ^_^
Don't think!  feeeeeal
Soon, just need the mod, then we can start.
hi
it's a job that could be done within minutes to be honest. it's been like weeks now.
Don't think!  feeeeeal
There's a lot things we want to make speedrunning as seamless as possible, it's not super easy.
XXY
Well, hopefully getting the mod isn't too stressful. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.
How Speedruning is going? Still looking for mod? Hmm. Anyone was looking in sourceruns for help? With that mod?
Don't think!  feeeeeal
Well, both quad and I are really busy with life right now, I still haven't found time to articulate the mod's functional requirements to our modder.  He said he was really busy with stuff too... So ya.  This spring break, march 11th, I'll have almost 2 weeks to do stuff like this.  In the meantime if you guys could maybe find a genius moder that will be able to dedicate himself for awhile to architect the isle for our artwork and all future works that use the canvas that is gold source...
Beat your record
Don't think!  feeeeeal
A thing I want to do with this run, is release a director's comments and explanations version along with it, it could pause, rewind, even slow-mo parts while explaining them, talk about the difficulties we faced, our struggles and how we persevered.
Might be the wrong topic, but is anyone thinking of beating the current SS record in future? Two possible major improvements I could think of are using the hornet gun to skip the wait for the Xen teleportation, which seems to be very reliable to me, and blowing up the floor in Gonarch's lair instead of fighting him. And maybe the infinite health door could be used too. Considering how well performed the tricks in SW's current run are, I wonder why it hasn't been improved by him or someone else using those tricks.
hi
Quote from djcj:
Considering how well performed the tricks in SW's current run are, I wonder why it hasn't been improved by him or someone else using those tricks.

Has been long time ago, just need to do proper research and you'll know.

Not every run has to be on SDA.

Current best SS time is 39 minutes. It has a major time loss at Nihilanth, thats why the runner hasn't submitted it yet and is still working on it.
Edit history:
djcj: 2011-03-19 09:37:31 am
Quote:
Not every run has to be on SDA.

I disagree with that ;-)
BTW who's that runner?
Can't find the run anywhere.
Edit history:
coolkid: 2011-03-26 06:42:29 pm
coolkid: 2011-03-19 10:23:11 am
Quote from Spider-Waffle:
A thing I want to do with this run, is release a director's comments and explanations version along with it, it could pause, rewind, even slow-mo parts while explaining them, talk about the difficulties we faced, our struggles and how we persevered.

I'd be very interested in such a deep commentary, especially for this run [+999]
Svart Lyser Tronen
trigger_changelevel delay abuse

hf
The Dork Knight himself.
Interesting trick, does this maintain speed during the transition or just the position? Also, how do you delay the changelevel, hold use?
Edit history:
quadrazid: 2011-03-30 04:54:10 am
Svart Lyser Tronen
The trick is very simple, and I'm surprised nobody have found it before.
It works just as an ordinary transition, so you maintain both your velocity and position.

The thing is to have an alias running while you pass the trigger_changelevel. If you do, the levelchange won't occur until the alias has ran out.
In triggerdelay2 video I had hundreds of wait's running while walking. And as you can see, you're quite handicapped during the alias. So it will be some heavy scripting if we're about to use it in a run.
There is only one problem that I haven't figured out yet. Sometimes after the transition, your weapons won't work, can't shoot or change weapon at all. But I'm positive it's is some kind of workaround to get by it.

If someone want's to explore it, this might be helpful;
http://up.k10x.net/rpudbscwjusgr/wait.txt
Quote from quadrazid:
The thing is to have an alias running

For those of us unfamiliar with HL, what's an alias? Some kind of scripting thing?
Edit history:
quadrazid: 2011-03-31 05:03:03 am
quadrazid: 2011-03-30 02:58:16 am
quadrazid: 2011-03-30 02:57:46 am
quadrazid: 2011-03-30 02:55:20 am
Svart Lyser Tronen
"Basically an alias is a name that you can assign to many console commands. They contents of a alias are usually encased inside a pair of quotation signs ("") and the various commands inside are seperated by the use of a semi-colon asci character (; )."

alias "alias name" "command1;command2;commandn"

more at http://elxdraco.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54
Don't think!  feeeeeal
Quad and I have been collaborating on SS speedrunning too, we want to keep it as underground as possible for now though for good reason...
Quote from Spider-Waffle:
Quad and I have been collaborating on SS speedrunning too, we want to keep it as underground as possible for now though for good reason...

What reason?

btw ty quad for the explanation of aliases
XXY
That's an amazing trick, quad. I had no idea you could abuse level loads like that. I explored it briefly many years ago, but the most I ever managed to do was play around with a timed loadzone in We've Got Hostiles. Awesome stuff. This run is going to be amazing. Can't wait until you guys get started. Also, I can't wait for a new single segment run!
is there any way we could get an update on this or is it still pretty underground?