<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
<(^_^)>
Quote from mike89:
If I understand the rules as they were at the time correctly, timing would have started upon regaining control, which would be the first menu screen, and it would end upon auto-save.

How many levels do you need to do twice in Area 1? Surely there's a good chance you could get an extra 4k coins on a second trip without going out of your way, and get Area 5 second, with enough coins there to unlock all the rest in one hit.

It doesn't really matter if you do area 5 second since you'd still have 3 trips to the shop total, and you'd still have 4 menu ticks total on the 2nd and 3rd visits
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-10-07 08:23:37 am
<(^_^)>
Hi, here's segment 1 for 100%

Also would it be possible to get control of the first post so I can keep that updated and it'll be easier to track these segments on these threads?
<(^_^)>
Segment 2 - a level where the first few rooms are complete hell

Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-10-09 11:21:33 pm
<(^_^)>
So after a bit of timing, and finishing segment 3, I realized that I sorta need to redo part of this segment.

Currently, my segment 3 has both runthroughs of Whoopsy Desert. However, there's an auto-save in the middle, a load screen, and upon finishing a level for the first time, a cutscene of unlocking the next level (and the corresponding secret level, if appropriate). Segmenting by each runtrhough of each level skips a load screen, which saves time over NOT splitting the segments there.

For the specific scenario of whoopsy desert, splitting the segment saves ~10 seconds over not splitting it at all, which is freaking huge lmao. Of course, this is going by timing upon character/menu control until the final save of the segment, rather than starting timing from file select; if segments were timed from file select, then it'd probably be faster by like 2 seconds (skipping the "you unlocked this level!" map cutscene).

So yeah, I guess I'm splitting whoopsy desert into two segments. Makes life easier for later levels though. Thanks loads!
Out of interest, what's the 100% definition for this game?
SEGA Junkie
The game tracks percentage for three different categories - stages completed, treasures collected, and missions completed. 100% means getting 100% on all three of those.
<(^_^)>
Quote from mike89:
The game tracks percentage for three different categories - stages completed, treasures collected, and missions completed. 100% means getting 100% on all three of those.

Keep in mind, that this doesn't include life potions and heart vessels, since those don't contribute to those percentages. It would be nice if heart vessels were required, as it'd make the "don't break your submarine" missions easier, but oh well, no big deal.
You've reminded me what a great game this is. Good luck on the new segments!
<(^_^)>
Quote from SirNiko:
You've reminded me what a great game this is. Good luck on the new segments!

Thanks! Working on Disturbing Tomb, and it's been a pain... I've got my strats routed, there's just a few really stupid jumps that are stupidly precise, and also two subpixel dash-of-ledge areas that for some reason give random results (i.e. dashing off a ledge, i'll hit the treasure or land on top of it instead?)
<(^_^)>
Finally, disturbing tomb 1 -
200 rerecords is pretty intense! That sequence of motion control cannons after the checkpoint easily spoils a run if you miss one.

On the upside, you get an easy level next.
<(^_^)>
Quote from SirNiko:
200 rerecords is pretty intense! That sequence of motion control cannons after the checkpoint easily spoils a run if you miss one.

On the upside, you get an easy level next.

Actually the cannons are the really easy part, since it's timed and mistakes don't matter as long as I don't actually miss a shot Tongue

Disturbing Tomb 2, aka segment 6, aka RNG hell:

<(^_^)>
Segment 7 - Foulwater Falls Trip 1

<(^_^)>
Segment 8 - Foulwater Falls Trip 2

Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-11-05 03:01:50 pm
<(^_^)>
So I skimmed through all of the bonus missions and my old 100% route videos, and I listed out how the segments will be planned in the first post. Whether every level can be done in 1 or 2 trips is pretty much set in stone, except for Prism Prison and Boogie Mansion.

The main thing preventing these two levels from being 100% clearable in 1 trip is the time and coin requirement. Some coins that are required are in the runback, which currently make it impossible to accomplish the time mission. I'm not familiar with Boogie Mansion so I'll have to mess with that later (if it's possible, I'd also have to end this level as small wario since that's a mission).

Prism Prison doesn't seem very likely to clear in one trip. There's ~12k gold I need to get during the rocket bucket section in the runback. There are 8 giant gold coins (4-5 of which are free), two big bags, and the gold enemy. The gold enemy I need to kill anyways, so it's probably best to shake that for 5k gold. This means I need to shake a big bag, or get most of the big gold coins in this area, which is likely better since shaking bags = slow. I'll mess with this when I get closer for now, but if anyone else wants to mess with these two stages, be my guest Tongue
<(^_^)>
Gurgle Gulch 1+2:

<(^_^)>
Segment 11 - Run-Down Pyramid 100% in one trip!

Segment 12 - Rollanratl, Area 1 done!

Segment 13 - Screw motion controls!

Super cool to see this run picking up steam again!

Your Unibucket acrobatics in the pyramid are pretty awe-inspiring. Good work so far!
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-11-12 08:22:38 pm
<(^_^)>
Segment 14 - Just Plains 2, possibly the shortest segment in the run

Segment 15 - Autoscroller #1

Segment 16 - Autoscroller #1 again...

<(^_^)>
I redid segment 17 with an annoying strat after mike89 pointed out that I should be able to just jump betwene the two moving platforms, in the room with the gold enemy. Ended up saving 5-6 seconds over the previous attempt Smiley

<(^_^)>
Sneak Peak 100% in one trip, hardest segment in the run so far after Disturbing Tomb... Sad

Annnd all 3 trips of Lowdown Depths 100%

<(^_^)>
Annnnd Area 2 is done!

Savannah Valley in 1 trip:

The crappiest boss in the game:

<(^_^)>
Wreck Train 100% in 2 trips:

<(^_^)>
Stonetooth Cave 100% in 2 trips:

<(^_^)>
I hate this level: