Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Deuceler: 2013-12-17 09:45:29 am
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Twitch Name - Deuceler
Game - FFIV (Single Segment 3:45:14)
Availability- January 30th - February 11th Anytime

I know all the RTA tricks, just haven't done a run yet, been focusing on Single Segment - I could easily get in the Sub 3:40 time in both categories, just have been taking a break
Everything's better with Magitek
Twitch Name: EssentiaFour
Game: FFVI (4:57:23, NTSC any%)
Availability: As far as I know, any of those dates should work for me.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
I think another few challenges for FFIV would be to get Mist skip first try, get Kain jump, grab hovercraft (no stopping/position adjustments), land 2 Shiva casts on Rubicante while cloak is open - there a few more little ones I could think of but don't wanna flood it too much haha. I really like the idea of adding incentives in there. My work schedule is two weeks on/two weeks off and I'm moving out of state around March or April, so I may not be available then. Really looking forward too it - just need a few more FF6 ruuners! I'm sure Dreamboum could be a good option, I will tweet him about it
Professional Second Banana
Yeah, for FF4 I think RTA is a more race-friendly category than SS, due to less potential for RNG trolling by early-game bosses and finding the D.Machine battle.

Anybody else with ideas for in-game challenges (which should be stuff that's mostly under the player's control rather than RNG, and which doesn't really change the route or cost much time to attempt) let me know.  Another idea I had for FF6 was getting the Setzer slide glitch after Dullahan, though I don't know how exactly it gets set up, and if that's something the player has control over.
I'm a scrubby noob
Piano challenge for FFV? Or every Gilgamesh fight? But honestly, I never tried both challenges, I just know that they are the most asked things for FFV during marathons
Some challenge ideas on the top of my head for FF6:
- Talk to all 24 soldiers during the banquet
- Not bumping into any green guys inside Zone Eater
24 soliders is a bit too easy for a bonus challenge (you need to talk to at least 23 as part of the normal route), but something with the green guys definitely has potential.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
We could do things that slightly effect the gameplay too - no chocobo in FFIV (except for the black to enter Dark Elf Cave), battle speed 1 during cal brena (oh please god no), no casting exit (to leave mist/troia/etc.), name change on x amount of characters - just dumb little ideas i'm throwing out haha.

Also, for safety sake are you allowing saves etc.? I can think of a few points that are a little trolly (shouldn't be a huge problem), but just for the sake of keeping it close
Absolutely - runners should save as often as they need to avoid costly deaths/having to forfeit.
Edit history:
Khobahi: 2013-12-17 01:45:32 pm
Not 100% on the ff6 speed run yet but possible suggestion for challenges

Pefect run aways with V/W in start.
possibly something around getting all tools for edgar.
Extra points for espers/characters not required (though this would cut into time hard) (assuming any% run)
did anyone give this idea for FFV?

-Kill necrophobe
Everything's better with Magitek
Quote from puwexil:
Another idea I had for FF6 was getting the Setzer slide glitch after Dullahan, though I don't know how exactly it gets set up, and if that's something the player has control over.

I still don't really know what causes the Setzer slide; I get it most of the time in my English route, but I've never gotten with my Japanese route. You could give points for every successful joker doom/reverse joker doom on the first try. We should also give points for singing along with the opera. Tongue
Quote from Essentia:
We should also give points for singing along with the opera. Tongue

Perhaps also in a language the runner isn't fluent in (there's official Japanese, French, and Italian versions). Cheesy
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from Essentia:
We should also give points for singing along with the opera. Tongue

Perhaps also in a language the runner isn't fluent in (there's official Japanese, French, and Italian versions). Cheesy

this is a great idea
I want off the ride....
i'm a fan of keeping deadward deadward . I don't like manward .

I think No Rydia Golbez is too easy.

I like calcabrena, I like Bahamut (come on, its not that hard to get to him or do him), i like airship landings.
Fan of quick MP underflows, the rest are just kinda challenges. We could include chests in Eblan Castle as a thing...

FF5: I like pianos

FF6: Fan of picking up people in WoR. Waiting For Shadow.
RJD skillz
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Singing along with the opera is an awesome idea Essentia! We could also have people narrate the legend as told by the elder of mysidia and have viewers vote on the best one
What about Mystic Quest? I'm not participating but I definitely want to watch this.
Edit history:
Deln: 2013-12-17 04:19:06 pm
id keep it opera only tbh.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
MQ doesn't count :). The only runners I know of right now are FFGamer, ElMagus, and Puwexil. Might make it too long though, already gonna be a loooooooong race
vultuz is running it too
Edit history:
puwexil: 2013-12-17 06:02:51 pm
A ~15 hour FF4-6 relay is going to be plenty both to organize and put on - we really don't have room to add more games.

Maybe a future relay could be themed around non-FF Square SNES RPGs like Mystic Quest (which I consider more of a SaGa/FFL-family game because of how the battle system works), Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, etc though.
Twitch Name : Dreamboum
Games: FF6 (5:09:28)
Availability : anytime
No pain, no gain
TwitchTV name: Brossentia
Game: FFIV. I know the first half very well. No PB for the full run.
Availability: They're all good, from what I can see.
If I'm not missing something obvious - how is Rydia-less Golbez skill? it's random damage assuming you get the Kain jump off (which you'd best do) from what I can see.  Not sure I've noticed a "better way" to make that happen other than Kain or Cecil not being wimps.

Deadward would just be a ginormous time sink imho too, he's kind of vital to not making it a slow walk through the first bit.
SDA Speedruns: 1
I'd love to sign up and play with you guys, I'd have to learn a game though. Whichever game needs a runner I could do but would need to get notes for the run.