<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Name/TwitchTV name: TheLCC
Games: FF6 (4:58:14)
Availability: Thurs/Fri/Sunday. I'll be working late (11pm eastern) on other days of the week. Don't worry about it too much though, since I'll probably be able to get the time off easy if it's on a saturday or something.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2013-12-18 07:24:16 am
Professional Second Banana
Quote from crumps2:
If I'm not missing something obvious - how is Rydia-less Golbez skill? it's random damage assuming you get the Kain jump off (which you'd best do) from what I can see.  Not sure I've noticed a "better way" to make that happen other than Kain or Cecil not being wimps.

If that's the case then we should find something else to use as an incentive - I didn't know that Rydia-less was mostly based on RNG.

Quote from LCC:
Availability: Thurs/Fri/Sunday. I'll be working late (11pm eastern) on other days of the week. Don't worry about it too much though, since I'll probably be able to get the time off easy if it's on a saturday or something.

It will definitely be a Saturday as that should be the most convenient day for a multi-hour time commitment for most people.  If there are any Saturdays between 1/25-2/22 that you don't think you'll be able to get off from work, let me know.
Edit history:
RaneofSOTN: 2013-12-18 09:21:13 am
I want off the ride....
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from crumps2:
If I'm not missing something obvious - how is Rydia-less Golbez skill? it's random damage assuming you get the Kain jump off (which you'd best do) from what I can see.  Not sure I've noticed a "better way" to make that happen other than Kain or Cecil not being wimps.

If that's the case then we should find something else to use as an incentive - I didn't know that Rydia-less was mostly based on RNG.

Rydia less is about the Kain jump. If that doesn't go off it doesn't matter. Then ideally as long as you don't queue up cecil too early (to still have Golbez be marked as dodging/invulnerable) rydia should not show up. But its very unlikely you won't do the damage to make this happen. Kain Jump +2/3 melee hits usually does it very well. Odd cases have been known to show up.
Kain jump difficulty is different. Though if you wanna make people cry Kain jump at btlspd1. Though it has been proven the fight is slightly faster/more manageable at 2.

Edit: just make it kill Calcabrena like the real man you are! <Insert everyone's rage here>
Quote:
just make it kill Calcabrena like the real man you are! <Insert everyone's rage here>

oh man, thats evil, but I like it!
and for the Rydia-less thing.  I have that happen so infrequently that I assumed it to be random with the damage.  I get the same amount of attacks and action queues in each fight and MAYBE get Rydia-less 1 of 10 times
I like the idea of fighting merged Calcabrina - I've seen FF4 runners mess up the skip and survive the giant doll battle plenty of times (and if you're planning to do it you could just kill the 3 orange dolls so it doesn't cost as much time).
Put me down for being good on all dates. I'll make it happen regardless.

Weegee Time
Wow, this is a really awesome idea.  I hope I'm available on whatever date gets chosen so I can watch some of the race. Smiley

Quote from Dein:
-Kill necrophobe

How about an extra bonus for acquiring the full set of Genji equipment?  That does lean on the RNG quite a bit though...
Quote from Rakuen:
Wow, this is a really awesome idea.  I hope I'm available on whatever date gets chosen so I can watch some of the race. Smiley

Quote from Dein:
-Kill necrophobe

How about an extra bonus for acquiring the full set of Genji equipment?  That does lean on the RNG quite a bit though...

Doing all the Gilgamesh fights could be a better replacement instead of this.
I'd prefer to avoid incentives that add any more than 2 or 3 minutes to the run, since I want them to be things that the runner will definitely want to do if they feel comfortable attempting, rather than having to decide if they're worth losing time in the race over another runner that didn't.

For the FF6 opera, maybe we could do it American Idol-style and have a poll for the stream viewers to vote on which runner did the 'best' performance.
DQ MV for using auto tune!
MV needs to sign up so we can set a date for this thing! Wink
I want off the ride....
puwexil I DONT CARE. #teambadluck must be a thing. MV and I will be having try outs for who plays ff5 or ff4... Though your credentials for FF4 have to be way up there! I've had my cart die to waterfalls before 64 floor became a thing Tongue

So please anyone who runs ff5 and has fairly bad luck, you will be our anchor!
I'm a scrubby noob
Quote from RaneofSOTN:
puwexil I DONT CARE. #teambadluck must be a thing. MV and I will be having try outs for who plays ff5 or ff4... Though your credentials for FF4 have to be way up there! I've had my cart die to waterfalls before 64 floor became a thing Tongue

So please anyone who runs ff5 and has fairly bad luck, you will be our anchor!

I feel happy to see I'm not the only one who have a bad luck so why not? #teambadluck must loose thought for the time, but win for the swag Cheesy
life remixer
Name/TwitchTV name: mistermv
Games: FF6 (5:05:16 - outdated and on slower console)
Availability (1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22): I will have to be moving away from home on a couple weekends yet to determine, but if I am told in advance when the thing is happening, I'll prepare and make any of the dates work for me.
Excellent!  1/25 is the only date that works for everyone, so let's plan on that date, maybe starting around 10AM EST/4PM CEST or so (assuming Dreamboum and MV are ok with starting FF6 around 1AM for them).

Here's my first draft of the teams, trying to balance them out by skill (Rane, I had to put you on FF5 to make 4 full teams).  Any feedback (other than crumps2 for obvious reasons Tongue )?

Team 1:
FF4-Brossentia
FF5-puwexil
FF6-Dreamboum

Team 2:
FF4-eLmaGus-
FF5-Incalex
FF6-LCC

Team 3 (aka Team Poor Crumps):
FF4-crumps2
FF5-RaneOfSoTN
FF6-mistermv

Team 4:
FF4-Deuceler
FF5-Deln
FF6-Essentia
Edit history:
eLmaGus-: 2013-12-21 11:52:27 am
I must simply laugh.
i got 2 really good runners i cant complain Tongue

the time works perfectly for me and the teams are pretty fair (mostly) lol
Edit history:
Deuceler: 2013-12-21 03:55:53 pm
Deuceler: 2013-12-21 03:54:41 pm
Deuceler: 2013-12-21 03:53:08 pm
Deuceler: 2013-12-21 03:52:49 pm
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but I can't do January 25th. I don't get home until January 29th from work (work out of town), so the earliest I can stream is the 30th. I REALLY REALLY want to make this happen, and think the teams are pretty perfectly lined up, anyway we can squeak it forward one week?

If we started any earlier then 10AM EST I would have a difficult time also haha, I live in Alaska so I'm 4 hours behind the East coast. Starting a run at 6AM wouldn't be an issue - but I can't promise I will be prompt hehe

Edit: Starting a little later is always okay Cheesy
2/1 is going to pretty rough for me as I have an early morning commitment on 2/2; but I could probably make it work if no other dates mesh.

My preference would be 2/8 if Rane is able to make that work.
Edit history:
Deuceler: 2013-12-21 05:33:48 pm
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
2/8 would be perfect, hopefully it works for everyone else :/
2/8 sound good for me
like I said, I can make any day and time work
I want off the ride....
2/8 is fine; i'll figure something out. it was in case my bro had something to do (his birthday si 2/7)
Edit history:
puwexil: 2013-12-21 07:35:36 pm
puwexil: 2013-12-21 07:32:57 pm
Awesome, the 8th of February it is then!

Keep the ideas coming for short challenge incentives, along with ideas for team names (ie Team 'Will We Finish?' for Team 3).  I'd like to get the incentives finalized by the end of the year so people have plenty of practice time.
Edit history:
crumps2: 2013-12-21 08:57:25 pm
crumps2: 2013-12-21 08:57:07 pm
for FFIV - love what we have so far
    - MLG landings
    - Calbrena full doll fight
    - Final damage vs Zeromus is direct (no wall)

Could (though riskier on a whole new level) reward the runner for each leg that uses the least safety saves.
They have a nice advantage already, but maybe first to find the levelup fight (time from entering Passage to actually getting the D Machin spawn in the right fight)

other than that I have no clue