--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-10-07 09:57:22 am
No problem 8)

You're busy in some kind of movie business or, how do you call that, movie academy school college thingy? Very nice Wink

EDIT: Do you know the movie "Urban Legends 2: Final Cut"? Is it something like that? Smiley
PwNzRd!
No, it's not like that, but I have seen that. Yeah, I am taking classes on directing and writing, however my uses seem to gear towards production management. It's fun, but damn is it a lot of work. Such is the business.
PwNzRd!
As an update, I removed the old runs from my filefront page, as they are pretty useless. Besides, my average run should be up by this weekend, so it shouldn't matter.
Quote:
As an update, I removed the old runs from my filefront page, as they are pretty useless.

Hehe yeah, although they were pretty funny to watch Wink

Quote:
Besides, my average run should be up by this weekend, so it shouldn't matter.

That's good news and now let's hope nothing interrupts... Smiley
PwNzRd!
Well, close, the film shoot went well, but took up all of my time. Later this week, I have a day off, when I will upload the run. You will know when it is up, because I am going to start a new topic (because this one was started by someone else).
I have no clue if anyone has stated this yet but; on Friday you do not need to piss when Dude says he needs to. This save time on the clinic visit.
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-10-21 07:58:34 am
Quote:
I have no clue if anyone has stated this yet but; on Friday you do not need to piss when Dude says he needs to. This save time on the clinic visit.

Yeah I already knew that and Pweisger most probably too, but thanks for mentioning Smiley I think my personal reason why I didn't mention it is because it's actually very obvious and I was so used to not piss on Friday that I just forgot to mention it 8)
PwNzRd!
Just wanted to quickly say that this will be up in a couple days.
Great man! :banana:

I shall await your new topic Wink
Edit history:
AquaTiger: 2006-12-14 04:45:14 am
Never give up!
Well, the run's finally up.

(comment removed due to inadvertent insensitivity toward speedrunners)

Good work.
You spoony bard!
Would a Postal 2 savvy gamer be able to double check an area in the run for me?  I noticed that at ~43:38 the runner has 33% health, but at 43:39 he jumps to 100% health.  Is there a bonus for getting to the load point, did he use a health pack, or could there be a discrepency in the run itself?  Any review and enlightenment for myself will be appreciated! Cheesy
Edit history:
Pweisger: 2006-12-14 05:39:24 am
PwNzRd!
I noticed that too during practice, and I have no idea why it does that. I think it rewards you for getting out of there, but it still doesn't make sense. However, it's in the game so no, it's not a discrepancy.

Oh, and post all comments in my other thread. Thanks!
That always happens at that place. I think the programmers did it to prepare you a little bit to take some damage in case it goes wrong in the Police Station, I think that's the most logical explaination Smiley
You spoony bard!
Ha ha, sorry for the false alarm guys!  Tongue  By the way, that is an excellent speedrun, quite entertaining.
Guys, I was just practising Monday and found a lot of new things.

1) Duck jump - every speedrunner knows this from Half-Life and it works in Postal 2, too. It lets you jump on to pavement near getting Milk objective instead of going up the stairs.

2) Use item - Maybe you know this, but after accomplishing  objectives, you just wait for the guy to say some shit. But you can accelerate that by pressing Use item button.

3) In a store with Milk objective, you can jump over those crates in back.

4) Bushes - I don't get why Pweisher didn't use this, but you can simply go thru bushes without any slowdown.

5) Windows - It's slightly faster to shoot windows with a gun rather than kick it.

6) In 4:54 of Pweisger's run, it's faster to jump a little farther on the sandy rock.

I made a practise video showing those tricks, the RWS area went wrong, but this video is only for those tricks. Sorry for the lags, I was recording at 50 fps and my hdd isn't defragmented now. My time is about 7:20 without loadings and since I did many mistakes, I reckon sub-7 minutes run is possible. Maybe even sub-1 hour entire run. I'll try to find some more in other days if you want

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6F1ARFZS

EDIT: Found another small shortcut:
I already know about all those things, so it seems you're still interested in running this Ewil? Grin If you do decide to continue with it I want to wish you good luck Wink I'm going to watch your video now.
Yes I am, but few things in this game shits me like active dead body hitboxes or the stupid strafing. But since it's a short game, I think I can get it pretty quickly on Average difficulty to just run as hell, but I need to know how to get the 300 dollars, I didn't quite see it in Pweisger's run. I also need to wait for my new hdd, because I don't have much free space and I will be recording in 60fps which eats lot of space.
And this run will contain only necessary kills to keep the speed in the first place.
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-12-14 07:33:32 pm
Quote:
Yes I am, but few things in this game shits me like active dead body hitboxes or the stupid strafing.

In your video you had indeed some annoying dead body things going on in the RWS building... Sometimes it happens that they still block you a bit when they're dead, if it happens again, kick them Wink Also, in your video what's with some of the speeded up sounds\talkings? That sounded pretty funny Smiley

Quote:
but I need to know how to get the 300 dollars, I didn't quite see it in Pweisger's run.

Pweisger gets it from killing the hooker in the Hotel near the Police Station.
Edit history:
Ewil: 2006-12-14 09:25:41 pm
Thanks for the advices, but on which day he takes the money ? I don't remember the game so well.

Yeah that sounds like chipmunks Cheesy Maybe it's because I don't have it patched, better fix that.

EDIT: Sound problem fixed, I have about 45-60 fps when recording on highest graphics and first attempt of Monday done in 6:55, but I did few mistakes, so 6:40 should be possible. I'll try it tomorrow if I manage to force my hdd not to lag sometimes.
You could read his comments or watch his Speedrun again Wink He gets the money on Thursday.
PwNzRd!
I knew all of those tricks you mentioned, but I spaced on using most of them in my run, although it only saves a short amount of time anyway. Might I suggest that if you do run it, do it on a harder difficulty. Average is a little too easy, IMO. I might re-run this at a harder difficulty, but if TheVoid does his They Hate Me mode run, there is no point. Good luck running this regardless.
Edit history:
Ewil: 2006-12-15 03:06:57 pm
Only a short amount of time ? My time for Monday is 6:55 and yours is 7:30 and I can still improve that by 20 seconds or so. Ok, I'll run it on harder difficulty, but not much harder, cuz I don't want to play hide and seek with enemies.

EDIT: With a new path, I managed 6:35 on Very Hard. No offense Pweisger, but I found this in like 3 hours...
And btw, I've tested this path on They Hate me and I could easily survived.

EDIT2: Tuesday hm... Mall section up to the church can be done much faster. I'll also play bit more with petition luck.
Edit history:
Ewil: 2006-12-16 01:38:12 pm
Did some more searching and found many new paths and shortcuts. I decided to do this run on Insane-o difficulty, because it's not that hard except Brewery. They hate me requires completely different strategy, you know.

I noticed in Meat World, where you have to go back thru police, it's better to just run empty-handed, because they will have only bastons or grenades, not rifles. I should test this trick on enemies, too. As for the items, I only need to stop in Mall during Krutchy objective to get health pipe in one store, but that's only few seconds loss and I also probably need to get armor in hotel near Police station.

With the new shortcuts, I'm almost sure I can get this run sub-1 hour with harder difficulty and better recording compared to the Pweisger's run. I'll start running after I get new hdd (on Christmas), but then it should be very quick.
Hey, I'm looking foward this new run, and Xmas has past, so , you got a new Hd!

What about the run, nothing new.
The run is going very well. I'm on Wednesday now and my improvements reached almost 4 minutes so far and the biggest shortcuts are only ahead of me.

Pweisger's Average run:

Monday: 7:35
Tuesday: 11:20

My Insane-o run:

Monday: 6:17 - 1:18 improved
Tuesday: 8:49 - 2:31 improved

For Monday, I took completely different, trick-less and much safer route. I actually shot only once to break glass to RWS building. As I mentioned, this route also works for They Hate Me difficulty without any changes.

For Tuesday, I saved about one minute just by playing with petition luck. I asked 9 people, 7 signed on first attempt, 1 on second attempt and one didn't sign. That means I separated this day to 2 segments. Second segment begins with Mall, where Pweisger for unknown reason headed back to the RWS instead of just going thru Mall, which is faster and with lucky attempt you can survive that fight with Gary's bodyguards quite well like I managed. On my way back from church, I tried not to shoot everybody to save ammo, which I will need for Wednesday.

As for other days, I'm not sure if I will do Brewery on one segment since there's annoying guy with molotov at the beginning and when I run to trigger gimp cutscene, I mostly get hit and lose 50 health. There is also the end area with a lot of baddies, I would maybe have to camp behind a corner for a few seconds in order to survive. Other days are quite easy, only Package on Friday could cause some problems, but another segment will fix it. Total segments for the whole run will be around 12.