Sad
<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Yes, It would be great to have this as my first Run verification Smiley

I've stumbled upon something strange which isn't helpful, but strange...
It's possible to warp from Tuesday and Wednesday (Haven't checked the other days yet) back to Monday Smiley

In order to do this you need to have grenades (Or anything that can kill yourself after a little while) and a cutscene followed by a loading screen (Like the mission "Return Book" on Tuesday or "Piss on dad" on Wednesday).
Drop some grenades on the ground and throw one grenade on the ground (You don't have to throw a grenade for the "Piss on dad" mission because the Rednecks will walk on the grenades).
Then make the cutscene start and you should get killed within the cutscene.
After the cutscene and the loading screen, you'll see in the upper left corner the text "Saving start of new day" and then when you look on the map, the Monday missions will appear... Smiley
And if you complete those missions, you'll be going to Tuesday just like you normally would.

Hmm, what happens if you don't look at the map but try to complete another mission of the current day...
I'm going to look at that tomorrow Smiley
PwNzRd!
Wow, that's weird.
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-07-29 11:54:06 pm
I've checked the Magic Monday Warp a little more and if you don't look at the map, you're still working with the Monday missions.

So far I only could make this happen on Tuesday and Wednesday, because the other days don't have a cutscene\loading screen combo Smiley
I wonder what would happen if you could make this work on Monday...

Also, it only works if you fully explode the body of The Dude (So that his body vanishes).
If his body keeps intact, you'll just continue on that same day but without any items, you don't even have the map anymore (But if you complete a mission, it will be scratched away on the map) Smiley

I made a little video to show it:

EDIT:
How's the progress with Friday?
Or are you finished...? Wink
PwNzRd!
I am close, I am actually working on getting the videos edited and compressed, so when I finish it will be out sooner, but I like the progress I have made and look forward to it's release.
Great, we'll just need to wait a little longer... Wink

Now something else about that dying in a cutscene.
If you put yourself on fire and make it so that you die when you're within a cutscene, it's possible to walk around as the walking dead Smiley
You won't have any weapons nor items, and your health is 0.
Bystanders start looking weird at you and move around you (Preparing to kick you because you're dead).
Sometimes they do kick you and that's pretty funny Wink
You can also get stuck quite easily in this "dead state".
If you then walk through a Level Transition in the "dead state", you'll get your hands and the matches, the map, and 33 health back Smiley

Not useful, but funny...

BTW, do you (Or anyone else) perhaps know of a way to get the "You got stuck" in a door right away at one try?
You get it when the door slams into you about 4 or 5 times, but I've never got it to work immediately in 1 time Smiley
Hmm, I'll try to find a way to do it because it could be used for a shortcut.
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-08-07 11:39:35 am
How's it going, you finished Friday? Smiley

I can't find a way to get the "You got stuck" in 1 time concerning the doors, so I guess that shortcut isn't useful...
The shortcut is in the burning library.
After the library has been set on fire, walk to the little room with a Shotgun and some health packs (Near the stairs).
Then get the "You got stuck" in that door and you'll be warped in the Level Transition outside so you've immediately completed that part Smiley
I guess the best way to finish the burning library is to use the "Walking through deadly fire" glitch Wink
PwNzRd!
Actually, you don't even have to do that. There's that balcony over the exit near the beginning. It's an easy jump, and once made puts you right at the exit. You will see it in my run, when it is finished, which by the way, I have up through Thursday encoded, so it is only a matter of time for me to finish Friday, but I am working heavy this weekend, so I will get right on finishing this next week.
I also first did the burning library the way you said (Going up the stairs, going past the 3 bystanders and jumping down from the balcony) sortof like in this video:

But NeoKamek found a glitch to walk through deadly fire (Atleast I think he's the one who found it, as far as I know he's the first one with a video about it Smiley ), which is a faster way.
Here's the video:

I just found out that you can retrieve 40 dollars from an ATM Machine instead of 30 Smiley
Just kick\shoot against an ATM Machine and keep strafing against it and you should get 30 dollars, but then some more money is in the ATM Machine which you can also pick up.

In my route I only need to get 30 dollars from an ATM Machine, so it's not really necessary but still it's some extra information Wink
PwNzRd!
Well, I am already done with Tuesday, but my time is fast thru the library anyway; nice find though. The good news is I am practically done with this thank god. Now I just gotta get the vids up. I have been away from my computer for several days now because of work, and it has made me sad, but now I have time, and will concentrate on getting this done. Good job on your Red Alert 2 runs, btw.
Great that you've finished it :banana:

Yeah, it seemed like you were very busy in the past days...
Bizzay up the hizzay I guess (I got no idea what that means... Grin ).

Thanks about the RA2 Runs, although we really need to fix the timing difference issue Wink
Mass Effect 2 can go suck balls.
I found something cool in the way of glitches. Not anything particularly useful in terms of speed but strange none the less.

In a certain garage you can back into the corner and wedge youself there. The screen starts glitching and whatever weapon you have leaves clones of itself behind. Almost if you were in noclip.
Could you maybe be a bit more specific about the location?
Or do you mean the garage near The Dude's home?
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-08-28 02:35:51 pm
I've found some funny thing regarding greedy bystanders Smiley

When you drop some money, bystanders always want to pick it up (And If they don't want to pick it up right away, then you either dropped it to close or they didn't saw it).
Now, drop the money and wait till a bystander wants to pick it up (They either stop for a moment or start walking sideways like they do when they want to kick a dead bystander...).
When they are running towards the money, pick up the money again and the bystander will still run towards the money location.
When they've reached the location of the previously dropped money, they start running to some other location somewhere and I think this location is the starting point of the bystander from when the area was loaded.
But some bystanders want to run to some location outside of the area, so that would be quite a strange starting point... Smiley
This also works with Doughnuts and cops, but the cops will walk instead of running.

Hmm, I haven't checked dogs and Doggie Treat's yet, that should work too I think...

Also one time I dropped and picked up money when a cop wanted to grab it, and he ran to some corner and stopped running there after a little while.
I crouched against him and he couldn't go away because I blocked his path.
Then he said something (I didn't quite get what he said) and when I walked away he was running towards me.
He followed me\runned towards me through the whole area Wink
Now that I think about it...
I think the game engine mixed it up and made the cop think that I had the dropped money (As if the dropped money was within myself), that's why he kept running towards me Smiley
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-08-28 03:18:39 pm
Just for the sake of funkyness...
I've recorded a run through Monday on the difficulty "They Hate Me".
This was a good opportunity to show the Dead State glitch Smiley
Do note that this is just some test video, it's not a really serious Run and also don't mind the choppyness in some places because something actively was running in the background and it actually wasn't my intention to capture this, but then I thought ah what the heck Smiley
I've also edited out all the red loading bar screens.

The route is also different compared to the other difficulties, because of the fact that you can get killed pretty fast Wink
First "Cash Paycheck" (Getting the Money Bag in the vault\Safe), then "Get Milk" and then "Pick Up Paycheck", ending the day with the Dead State glitch which allowed me to get savely out of the RWS Building Smiley

The Dead State glitch can be pretty useful on this difficulty, although it has positive and negative points...

The positive thing is that you can savely walk to a Level Transition because you're actually pretty much dead and so the bystanders will not shoot at you (In the worst case they could kick you, but this only happens when you're standing still for some time...).

The negative thing is that there's a possibility that you'll fall through the floor or get stuck (If you walk at a bad spot or the bystanders kick you...), but mostly you will not fall through the floor or get stuck so this isn't too much of a problem, otherwise just restart...
The most negative point is that you'll lose all your items and weapons.

So on Monday I also lose the money for the "Pay Ticket" mission on Thursday, but if my memory serves me well, the officer for that mission will also shoot at you so the money is useless.
But the money can be dropped on Monday somewhere and picked up on another day though (And the money can then be used for the "Get Krotchy" mission on Thursday).

I also noticed something regarding the Dead State glitch.
I first thought that the RWS Employees (They will also shoot at you on this difficulty) were a nice addition to perform the Dead State glitch in the RWS Building (Because if you pick up the paycheck there's a high possibility that they've already killed you in the cutscene...).
But it appears when someone else kills you in a cutscene, you're in some other kind of Dead State...
There's a much bigger chance of falling through the floor and I couldn't even manage to get out of the RWS Building in this Dead State...

So you really need to kill yourself to make the glitch useful (That's why I'm killing the 3 RWS Employees so that they don't kill me in the cutscene...).

I think the video size is pretty big for 08:28 minutes (126 MB), hopefully the Knowledge Base will help me with encoding in the near future Wink
I also used a different uploading service now because stupid FileFront gave me an error everytime when the video was uploaded . . .

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lt9u50

Congrats to whoever has read all this gibberishly mumbojumbo :cheers: :banana:
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-09-02 02:22:30 pm
Pweisger, you're still alive? Tongue

Did you have any time to "work on\encode\release\send in" your Postal 2 Run? Wink
PwNzRd!
Fortunately, I am still alive. Unfortunately, I have had issues with my router, and had to buy a new one. I am almost done encoding it, and am preparing to upload it. I will keep you updated, but my schedule for this week is HELL! It is driving me up the freakin' wall.
Nutcase
Good luck and take your time, no need to rush...life isn't a Speedrun  Wink
Exactly what Serenchen said Smiley

I still can't decide if I either want to wait for your Run (I'm again doing that at the moment...), start one myself on Average or start one on They Hate Me Smiley
I think I'm going to continue to wait...
PwNzRd!
Well, I suggest you start running it on They Hate Me, since I have no intention of doing so (right now), but don't start recording until you've had a look at my run for ideas.
Ah yes, I'm very curious what Tricks 'n Stuff you're using and hopefully I don't know them all already Wink

If I'm going to run it on They Hate Me (Probably I will), then Catnip will absolutely be useful on this difficulty.
The only problem with this is that Catnip mostly lies quite a bit out of the way, but if it saves time\death then it's ok Smiley
PwNzRd!
Absolutely pick it up if it means survival. If next week goes well, I will have it up then.
Great man :banana:

As a little side note, the officer on Thursday for the "Pay Ticket" mission will always shoot at you on They Hate Me, so there's no need to collect money for that mission (Better collect 2 Catnip's...) Wink

Pweisger, what do you (Or anyone else for that matter) think about that Dead State glitch thingy I showed in the above posted Monday video?
Has anyone even downloaded and watched it? Heh Grin

I actually don't even need to use that glitch there, I could also use Catnip although I need to check that a bit better especially because of the cutscene (If I don't get killed within it, or else I just need to kill the RWS Employees) Smiley
Catnip is actually faster (I would retrieve the one on the ledge near the dance club) because you don't need to wait and kill yourself and also you don't lose any items and weapons.

Oh BTW, do you remember that trick I showed about how to complete the "Confess Sins" mission with a Rocket Launcher in a fast way?
I think I'm going to use that trick (But then I'll use the Rocket Launcher closer to the spot because there's a high chance of shooting wrongly from the long distance, but the long distance is better so that needs to be checked a bit more thoroughly...) or the other way would be... Catnip! Grin
There's another way which involves gathering health items (Health Pipes will do) and rush through the church 8)
PwNzRd!
I suggest sticking with the catnip for both cases. If you are interested, in the Bates Hotel across from the police station, on the second floor there is a room with a hooker in it. Shoot her and take her money to pay for the ticket (or at least, that's what I did, unless you're on They Hate Me, in which case, like you said, it doesn't matter). I escape the church rather quickly anyway, and so I don't need the rocket launcher approach, but if it works for They Hate Me, then by all means do it. Good luck with the run, because ironically I would like to see YOU do a run of Postal 2 on They Hate Me. Smiley
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2006-09-11 04:23:05 pm
Catnip is better yes, but it's quite rare and off track but still... Wink
That hooker has exactly 300 dollars so that's good to use on Average (You can also get the 300 dollars on Monday without losing too much time but this is maybe better atleast it's easier Smiley ), but on They Hate Me it's indeed not useful, but thanks for mentioning it Smiley

Since you mentioned about that 300 dollar hooker, I was wondering how Krotchy reacts on They Hate Me.
Well appearantly he also starts shooting at you (Which is quite logical actually because everyone with a gun shoots at you Smiley ) so you can't give him money.

But then I thought about something that's extremely useful on this difficulty especially on Thursday and Friday because of the soldiers walking on the street (And all the others that shoot at you...).
I remembered there's a Police Uniform in the Police Station, so when I need to complete the "Pay Ticket" mission I grab the Police Uniform and put it on.
That way I can savely walk out of the Police Station (Although there's a high chance that the police keeps shooting at you, so 2 Catnip's are actually required here), savely walk the streets AND pay Krotchy to finish that mission quickly (I'll use the 20 dollars which you already have when the game starts) Smiley

The problem on Friday would be that I need to get into the Police Station and grab the uniform again, but I actually think it's not really needed to get the uniform on Friday, needs to be checked of course Wink

Because of the Police Uniform I think I'm going to change the route for Thursday a little bit.
First the "Pay Ticket" mission (To get the uniform), then "Get Steaks" (I don't know yet if the Butchers shoot at you when you're wearing the Police Uniform, if they still shoot then it's better to do this mission first I think), then "Get Napalm" (With the uniform it should be safe to walk through the factory, BTW it's also possible to skip the explosions and fire when you've grabbed the Napalm although you'll lose just a little extra time unless the Jump+Duck through the little opening isn't performed correctly Wink ) and then "Get Krotchy".
Of course all this needs to be checked a little bit better, all in due time Wink

The Rocket Launcher is definitely the best way on Tuesday IF performed correctly from a long distance (I don't allow 2+ shots, the first shot must be a hit, which is difficult...).
If you shoot at a closer distance you'll still need to deal with some Taliban guys shooting at you, so there will be some health damage... Smiley

The other issue with the Rocket Launcher is, where to get it?
So far I know 2 places, 1 on Monday and 1 on Tuesday.
The one on Monday is in the sewers (Which you can enter through the shop, so it would be nicely "en route" in the Run for Monday "Pick Up Paycheck \ Get Milk \ Cash Paycheck") but the Zombie Dogs are a bit of a pain.
The best way is probably to put them on fire (But at that point I don't have flammable weapons, although Gasoline is near the shop (The one I retrieve in that video I uploaded)).
The one on Tuesday is on top of a tunnel in the Bank area, but that would be way off track...
So the Rocket Launcher on Monday would be the best choice I think, unless you know about another Rocket Launcher?

As another little side note, I'm getting pretty good at writing long overbloated posts Grin

EDIT: I've checked the Butchers on Thursday and they'll shoot at you (Also the police that comes in later).
Also the police in the factory for the napalm will shoot at you, but after you've picked up the napalm they won't shoot anymore (Unless they've completely followed you to the napalm).
The Rocket Launcher is also in the Zombie Dog sewer on Tuesday, but that's not an option because it's too much off track on that day, better take it on Monday.
And fire is the best method against those Zombie Dogs, so I'll just pick up that Gasoline and use that.