<- 123456
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
IceCube: 2015-03-07 08:18:05 am
42 pikmin is indeed the minimum if you spend days going to the Formidable Oak to grow more winged and blue pikmin,  but it's not possible to beat the game 100% with only 42 pikmins in 10 days ! (unless new glitches are for found of course)

However I figured out that 47 is possible in 10 days thanks to a trick that allows you to collect the fruit above water in the tundra with only 8 winged pikmin and 1 blue required.
I'll try a 47 pikmin run when I have free time.

On a side note I've recently being practicing SS any% and 100% :

Both runs are for sure improvable but I'm quite satisfied with this start ! Smiley
As I'm about to start practice speedrun this game, I just have this question: after 3:04 in your any% video when you aquire your map, how do you get the success sound without navigating to where S.S. Drake is on the map?
I suppose it's because I did it quite fast. the map appears first on the gamepad, and then on the TV, that's why you don't see it on the video. Good luck for your runs !
I remember looking in to this before as something to run over the summer and was just curious: what's actually the difference between 1.0 and 2.0 for speedrunning?
Quote from socialspeedrunner:
I remember looking in to this before as something to run over the summer and was just curious: what's actually the difference between 1.0 and 2.0 for speedrunning?

This is ice_cube's comparison: http://pastebin.com/jRXmDPPK Most notable: the Brittany skip is no longer possible in 2.0 (You just get tele'd back into the water) and the addition of the option to speed up juice cutscenes. The pros and cons seem to even out rather nicely.
Okay, this is an old thread, but I need help. I'm attempting to figure out the details of a possible no-throw run of Pikmin 3, and I'm stuck on obtaining rock pikmin. I can't damage the medusal slurker, because I can't throw pikmin up to reach it. I saw on the wiki that multiple people had found an out-of-bounds glitch in this area, and was hoping that I could use this to my advantage. However, there seems to be no explanation for how they did it. Do you think you guys could give me a hand by maybe doing a bit of testing to see if you can find a sequence-break that can help me skip the area or get up on the boundaries in the rock pikmin cave or something else? Thanks.